News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Service Changes from 27th April

Started by winston, March 05, 2014, 10:02:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: monkeyjoe on April 12, 2014, 11:23:12 AM
Quote from: Stu on April 11, 2014, 08:20:39 PM
I suppose if some good comes out of all this, at least it will mean the end (for now anyway!) of Dennis Tridents and ADL Enviros in Acocks Green village! :P

How do you mean?

Well, as the 3 isn't going to go to Acocks Green anymore, it'll mean no more Tridents in the village!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

monkeyjoe

Liverpool Street

Does anyone know the precise route of the new X64 to Woodgate? I'm looking at a map and can't see how it'll loop round and back on itself to finish at Adams Hill? Or is it terminating at the 23 terminus? Make more sense then.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

P419 EJW

Quote from: Liverpool Street on April 16, 2014, 06:31:37 PM
Does anyone know the precise route of the new X64 to Woodgate? I'm looking at a map and can't see how it'll loop round and back on itself to finish at Adams Hill? Or is it terminating at the 23 terminus? Make more sense then.

Here is the map:

It seems the new X64 will terminate at the 23 terminus.

Stu

New service X64 timetable and map (PDF):

My locals:

Liverpool Street

Quote from: P419 EJW on April 16, 2014, 06:38:01 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on April 16, 2014, 06:31:37 PM

Here is the map:

It seems the new X64 will terminate at the 23 terminus.

Excellent tool! That really is fantastic. I made a bit of a boob forgetting the NWM website...

Quote from: Stu on April 16, 2014, 06:55:00 PM
New service X64 timetable and map (PDF):

Thanks Stu, that's an ideal print off. Thanks again.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Westy

Hope this 311/313 change is worth it.

Just waited 20 minutes on the main road by the Metro Parkway in Wednesbury for one to turn up!

Mike K

Quote from: Sayeed_M on April 09, 2014, 07:01:20 PM
Quote from: Mike K on April 09, 2014, 04:10:54 PM
I'm not sure they will inter work, it's just my thoughts from looking at the new timetables. I'll wait for an 'in the know' to confirm. But the same question you raised crossed my mind. I'd guess the 24 might use B7RLEs.
I really hope not, you should check out the loadings on Sundays, sir!

2148 on the 24 today so looks like it does inter work with the 29/A using B7RLEs on evenings and Sundays now.

jnl1984

Does anyone know if the 29/29A will remain single deck??

Mike K

Quote from: jnl1984 on April 27, 2014, 12:15:17 PM
Does anyone know if the 29/29A will remain single deck??

It is today.

Stu

Having fun in Acocks Green today, as nobody seems to know where the 1 and 31 are stopping!

There's a chap from Bus Users UK there, trying to direct people to the right stop, even the bus drivers don't seem to know where to stop!

Did take a trip on the 31 to Solihull earlier, overheard some people talking, seems they're quite pleased it goes to Solihull on Sundays now, although because of the roadworks on Dolphin Lane its still following the old route. Looks like drivers get a nice 30min layover at Solihull now, our bus arrived as the next one was leaving; don't know where he went to layover, but he came back half an hour later for the next journey out.
My locals:

Russ Smith

Doesn't seem as though NX were prepared for the changes to the 45, I've seen blinds displaying Longbridge and Rednal today - may explain why I haven't seen a single person on the bus as it passes the old 62 terminus

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Russ Smith on April 27, 2014, 04:23:20 PM
Doesn't seem as though NX were prepared for the changes to the 45, I've seen blinds displaying Longbridge and Rednal today - may explain why I haven't seen a single person on the bus as it passes the old 62 terminus

The new destination for the 45 seems to be Rednal. I saw a LED displaying 'Rednal then Cofton Hackett' but this isn't shown on flip dot.

flags haven't been changed around gospel oak for the 1/31 and drivers couldn't understand why they still had to use the old route as no workers are out on dolphin lane today.

Sh4318

Quote from: Stu on April 27, 2014, 02:23:40 PM
Having fun in Acocks Green today, as nobody seems to know where the 1 and 31 are stopping!

There's a chap from Bus Users UK there, trying to direct people to the right stop, even the bus drivers don't seem to know where to stop!

Did take a trip on the 31 to Solihull earlier, overheard some people talking, seems they're quite pleased it goes to Solihull on Sundays now, although because of the roadworks on Dolphin Lane its still following the old route. Looks like drivers get a nice 30min layover at Solihull now, our bus arrived as the next one was leaving; don't know where he went to layover, but he came back half an hour later for the next journey out.

Is the 31 still DD on Sundays.

Quote from: Mike K on April 27, 2014, 10:58:33 AM
Quote from: Sayeed_M on April 09, 2014, 07:01:20 PM
Quote from: Mike K on April 09, 2014, 04:10:54 PM
I'm not sure they will inter work, it's just my thoughts from looking at the new timetables. I'll wait for an 'in the know' to confirm. But the same question you raised crossed my mind. I'd guess the 24 might use B7RLEs.
I really hope not, you should check out the loadings on Sundays, sir!

2148 on the 24 today so looks like it does inter work with the 29/A using B7RLEs on evenings and Sundays now.

How are the loadings looking on the 24?
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

JoNi

I popped over to Acocks Green this morning to have a look after reading various comments on Emails and this Internet forum.
I immediately noticed "where to catch your bus stop posters" have not been updated. It also became immediately apparent that the route colours did not match up with the route map produced for the changes.
I was particularly unimpressed by the position of change information on shelter glazing in the line of sight of oncoming buses.
One shelter had a notice relating to Solihull bus stops in 2009 and another still had the consultation notice as well as the changes.
It's abundantly clear there is no joined up thinking when it comes to communication on service changes.
Notices stuck on shelter glazing invariably leave adhesive when removed and ought to be in the timetable panel to be removed when services have settled in.
I noticed the 1 still terminated at Acocks Green on the real time screen instead of Five Ways where it was going.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk