News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Refurbs

Started by John, May 07, 2012, 11:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Quote from: andy on September 20, 2014, 08:52:41 PM
Quote from: Gareth on September 20, 2014, 02:08:08 PM
Surely it's better to put in a bus in service making money if the only spare in the garage is an old one rather than sitting round doing nothing waiting for a correct spec one from somewhere.

Fair enough Gareth but you know as well as I do that this will now never get changed. Not a good image on a nearly new vehicle. Why on earth don't they have the trim available?

Similar to when replacement panels are put onto e200's in the wrong shade of white. There's no need-I can understand spare parts for alx400's could be in colours different to the current fleet livery but e200's never wore that colour white!! Surely spares should be sprayed into the right colours?

andy

Quote from: DiamondDart on September 20, 2014, 09:02:49 PM
Surely it's better to put in a bus in service making money if the only spare in the garage is an old one rather than sitting round doing nothing waiting for a correct spec one from somewhere.

Fair enough Gareth but you know as well as I do that this will now never get changed. Not a good image on a nearly new vehicle. Why on earth don't they have the trim available?

Similar to when replacement panels are put onto e200's in the wrong shade of white. There's no need-I can understand spare parts for alx400's could be in colours different to the current fleet livery but e200's never wore that colour white!! Surely spares should be sprayed into the right colours?

That's my other bug bear....several of the refurbed Geminis have this problem too. Why are they so sloppy in their attention to detail? It's exactly how so much of the TWM fleet got into such a mess in the first place and they're repeating their mistakes already.

winston

Quote from: andy on September 20, 2014, 09:09:39 PM

That's my other bug bear....several of the refurbed Geminis have this problem too. Why are they so sloppy in their attention to detail? It's exactly how so much of the TWM fleet got into such a mess in the first place and they're repeating their mistakes already.

I agree, how difficult would it be to supply all garages with both shades of red & white paint with colour swatches so they can be colour matched? Carlyle don't seem to have any bother painting in accident damage in the correct shades.

With the prospect of yet another variation on the application of the red/white livery with potentially further colours shades being added, the problem is going to be exaggerated.

PM

Quote from: andy on September 20, 2014, 09:09:39 PM

Yeah-geminis are another example.

Somehow it never showed up as much in the TWM livery but when you've got a simple livery including white, it has to match else it sticks out like a sore thumb.

It just looks unnecessarily sloppy...

Liberator9

YW are pretty good at matching colours and the panels up - the Scanias and Tridents certainly have correct shades applied after any panel damage etc. The only exception is 1922 which has the vivid red paint applied to the offside lower front panel, but that makes it easily recognisable and it hardly looks out of place. My only gripe is 1918 which has one of the red light panels - instead of the silver. I don't understand why they didn't order/paint a silver panel so it does not look out of place.

Noticed the BC Enviro 400s have this problem - the rear light panels when replaced have not got the correct cream colour - instead they just have white. Surely it can not be that hard to stock the correct shade and apply it. AG seem to have made a mess of some of the Geminis, with a number having a mixture of the panels - just looks messy. The 2009-2011 NX repaints need doing next after the TWMs are refurbished. Some of them are looking really worn now.

Just one question - why did the red on the earlier NX repaints fade so much? When first repainted they were a really bright red, but soon reduced to a pinkish, tired looking red.

andy

Just noticed 4679 in Erdington looking like it's had the treatment.

Westy

How come there's missing bits of fleetname?

(Mind you that's a lot better when it's not an obvious sticker like some occasions over the past 25 years or so!)

JoNi

NXC 4401 back out in traffic

Sh4318

Hopefully the Geminis (WB's) get refurbished and repainted when 4264, 4273 and 4297 are done. Most (if not all) of them still have connection bars, and could do with a refurb (4511-4531)
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

James4368

2120 looks like it's been refurbished spotted it on 72 to solihull
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Kiewii

Quote from: nxwmbusfan1999 on November 08, 2014, 09:49:57 PM

Mentioned a while back, was done before the Bus Driver of the Year 2014 event

Tony

Quote from: Sh4318 on October 14, 2014, 09:10:58 PM
Hopefully the Geminis (WB's) get refurbished and repainted when 4264, 4273 and 4297 are done. Most (if not all) of them still have connection bars, and could do with a refurb (4511-4531)

Half of that batch aren't even at WB

Sh4318

Quote from: Tony on November 08, 2014, 09:53:13 PM
Quote from: Sh4318 on October 14, 2014, 09:10:58 PM

Half of that batch aren't even at WB

They still need refurbs though, I'm sure they'll be done soon
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Stu

Quote from: Kiewii on November 08, 2014, 09:51:24 PM

It wasn't refurbished, just had a new lick of paint.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Kiewii

Quote from: Stu on November 09, 2014, 10:37:39 AM
Quote from: Kiewii on November 08, 2014, 09:51:24 PM

It wasn't refurbished, just had a new lick of paint.

I am aware of that. I was only meaning the paintwork

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk