News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Refurbs

Started by John, May 07, 2012, 11:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

After seeing that half repainted bus I now wander if all the early repaints will now get this half a refurb job. The quality of refurbs in the 2  to 3 years has vastly improved to what has gone before. Shame if it's the case. Bean counters probably been weilding the axe.

Tony

Quote from: 2900 on August 26, 2014, 03:47:28 PM
After seeing that half repainted bus I now wander if all the early repaints will now get this half a refurb job. The quality of refurbs in the 2  to 3 years has vastly improved to what has gone before. Shame if it's the case. Bean counters probably been weilding the axe.

Nothing to do with been counters, just accident damaged 4425 repaired, patched up and waiting to go back to BC

JoNi

NXC 4407 back out in traffic after refurb.

don

Quote from: Tony on August 26, 2014, 09:30:53 PM
Quote from: 2900 on August 26, 2014, 03:47:28 PM

Nothing to do with been counters, just accident damaged 4425 repaired, patched up and waiting to go back to BC

Looks to have entire offside including wheels repainted below the waist rail (or is it all the offside white?) - must have been large rectification required.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

trident4370

4719 is finally back and on 35 today.

Rob H

4595 back from Refurb out on the 255 today
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

jack5512

Quote from: Rob2832 on August 29, 2014, 10:16:41 AM
4595 back from Refurb out on the 255 today

Did the 10.20 from Wolverhampton to Merry hill

trident4370

4724 back out on 35.

John

4611 on the Pershores today, lost its upper deck monitor
https://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/15117626855/

Trident 4609

4570 is back out repainted. Its currently loading on the 59 at W'ton Bus Station

Liverpool Street

Quote from: John on September 02, 2014, 02:45:07 PM
4611 on the Pershores today, lost its upper deck monitor
https://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/15117626855/

Ugh. That doesn't look right. I remember these being brand new and everything worked and everything was posh. Doesn't get the same effect from the E400's. Those 46's on the Pershore with a few Metros thrown in for good measure. Good times.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

andy

Just travelled into town on 4918 and unbelievably there is already a downstairs seat cushion replaced but not in the grey trim that the rest of the bus is furnished in, it's been done in the old blue material. Do these people have no idea atall??

Gareth

Surely it's better to put in a bus in service making money if the only spare in the garage is an old one rather than sitting round doing nothing waiting for a correct spec one from somewhere.

JoNi

Refurbed 4417 seen back in traffic in Coventry yesterday on 13 presumably as a sub.

andy

Quote from: Gareth on September 20, 2014, 02:08:08 PM
Surely it's better to put in a bus in service making money if the only spare in the garage is an old one rather than sitting round doing nothing waiting for a correct spec one from somewhere.

Fair enough Gareth but you know as well as I do that this will now never get changed. Not a good image on a nearly new vehicle. Why on earth don't they have the trim available?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk