News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Refurbs

Started by John, May 07, 2012, 11:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trident4370

To be fair the Presidents (excluding 4033) have all had a "Proper" refurb, new LEDs, New Floors etc, same with some of the B10L.

nitromatt1

Quote from: trident4370 on July 16, 2014, 07:29:26 PM
To be fair the Presidents (excluding 4033) have all had a "Proper" refurb, new LEDs, New Floors etc, same with some of the B10L.

I did not realise that. At what age was this?

Trident 4609

Quote from: Matt on July 16, 2014, 07:29:57 PM

2007 i think

Stuharris 6360

Which is presumably why the Presidents will be around for a while yet, higher book value.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

nitromatt1

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 16, 2014, 07:34:25 PM

Which is presumably why the Presidents will be around for a while yet, higher book value.

Surely they'll be the next DD's for the chop after the Spectras.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Matt on July 16, 2014, 07:41:54 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 16, 2014, 07:34:25 PM

Surely they'll be the next DD's for the chop after the Spectras.

If they were extensively refurbed only a few years ago, maybe not.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Some b6le ,s have had full on refurbs a while ago, new floors , handrails re powder coated, new seat backs and cushions done to high standards . Not 100% certain some b10b,s got the same treatment what a  waste that was. Some of presidents have undergone second refurbs at west brom some now sporting grey seat cushions.  Externally the refurbs are very full on from what I,ve seen at west brom , glass out , reskinned basically top to bottom all very through er .

Stuharris 6360

I know several PE Tridents have gone to WB for refurb of late and then to WA for repaint. Considering the time they were at WB i would assume more work was done on them than just the seat cushions being changed?

Ashley

I agree some vehicles come back from their spruce up still filthy, 1643 I made a point about at the time, whoever worked on 4348 omitted to remove the various tags from the upper deck floors

What about fitting hybrid style seating in future refurbs with interior body panel paint to match the style of their plastic counterparts. My novice theory would be that this wouldn't cost much more than it does to recondition the seats using the current method, just an idea

IMO the grey style seat moquette  fabric used in the nx spec vehicles should made in blue for the twm vehicles when being reupholstered at least it would have tied in with the blue interiors. Just a thought

Liberator9

Quote from: 2900 on July 16, 2014, 08:38:30 PM
IMO the grey style seat moquette  fabric used in the nx spec vehicles should made in blue for the twm vehicles when being reupholstered at least it would have tied in with the blue interiors. Just a thought

@2900

I agree with that - when I use the Tridents with the new NX grey, the grey just does not fit in with the blue backs - it looks a mess. Same with the Scania Omnilinks at BY. The best refurb for the Scanias at BY was 1833. They kept the silver light surrounds, had a good red shade and kept the blue/last TWM seat design.

monkeyjoe

Working down in Northampton these days and after seeing the X4 fast services, let's hope Stagecoach eithers enters the brum market or purchases NXWM buses. Neither of which are very likely but the standard of prime corridor routes looks to an outsider far more superior than NXWM. Just a view point.

Tony

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 16, 2014, 10:13:29 PM
Working down in Northampton these days and after seeing the X4 fast services, let's hope Stagecoach eithers enters the brum market or purchases NXWM buses. Neither of which are very likely but the standard of prime corridor routes looks to an outsider far more superior than NXWM. Just a view point.

The X4 has brand new buses on, so of course they are going to look good. It also does not carry any 'inner city' type passengers so is easier to keep looking like that. Do you really think if Stagecoach was in Birmingham they wouldn't have their buses window etched or rubbish left allover the floor.
Perhaps you might like to tell me where Stagecoach litter pick the X4 during the day like NWM/NX do on Harborne services?
Yes Stagecoach can be brilliant, but so can National Express, First, Arriva, Go-Ahead and various other companies, but Stagecoach can also be absolutely dire, see http://wmbusphotos.com/StagecoachUC/16695.html

monkeyjoe

Ha ha, response quicker than I thought. Interesting you highlighted services some (i.e Harborne routes) of the same old's that receive the special treatments lol.

Get a lot of your points, but if that is what they can do in areas with a lower revenue base would love to see what they could do with a major conurbation. Even if they are not better would give certain operator with a near monopoly in Brum, a boot up the backside across all areas of Brum not just the North and West.

Terrible being bored in these hotels lol.

Tony

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 16, 2014, 10:29:53 PM
Ha ha, response quicker than I thought. Interesting you highlighted services some (i.e Harborne routes) of the same old's that receive the special treatments lol.

Get a lot of your points, but if that is what they can do in areas with a lower revenue base would love to see what they could do with a major conurbation. Even if they are not better would give certain operator with a near monopoly in Brum, a boot up the backside across all areas of Brum not just the North and West.

Terrible being bored in these hotels lol.

But you have to compare like with like. The X4 gets 'Special treatment' so is a fare compare with Harborne.

Compare your pet hate the 94 with routes Stagecoach Manchester (yes in a major conurbation) run with T-W-registration unrefurbished tridents (17612-71). I bet you will find them very similar. Stagecoach are also still using step entrance buses in Manchester.

Compare routes run by B6s with routes run by S & T reg MANs in Manchester. I think you will find NXs B6s are actually in better condition and they will probably be withdrawn in the next 3 months. Stagecoach's MANs won't!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk