News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond West Midlands - Kidderminster

Started by iamwilljh92, November 18, 2013, 12:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Will on June 26, 2014, 01:58:14 PM
Quote from: Winston on June 26, 2014, 01:55:30 PM
There appears to be an allover white Dart being worked on in one of the engineering bays, the front bumper is missing so unable to ID it.

Anyone know what it may be?

Yes it's VX54 MUC

How come it's white?

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Winston on June 26, 2014, 01:59:21 PM
Quote from: Will on June 26, 2014, 01:58:14 PM
Quote from: Winston on June 26, 2014, 01:55:30 PM
There appears to be an allover white Dart being worked on in one of the engineering bays, the front bumper is missing so unable to ID it.

Anyone know what it may be?

Yes it's VX54 MUC

How come it's white?

Pass

PM

Could it be prepped for repaint?

Could it have had barbie vinyls removed so mostly off-white?

winston

Quote from: DiamondDart on June 26, 2014, 02:20:59 PM

Don't know was driving around the island at the time, it looked to be allover 'brilliant white'

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Winston on June 26, 2014, 02:24:26 PM

Don't know was driving around the island at the time, it looked to be allover 'brilliant white'

Did it look something like this? (http://wmbusphotos.com/centralConnect/bcc30384.120509.jpg)

winston

Quote from: Will on June 26, 2014, 02:32:33 PM

Did it look something like this? (http://wmbusphotos.com/centralConnect/bcc30384.120509.jpg)

Good call! that stands a distinct possibility considering V382/3 & 8SVV are already at KR

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Winston on June 26, 2014, 02:40:22 PM
Quote from: Will on June 26, 2014, 02:32:33 PM

Good call! that stands a distinct possibility considering V382/3 & 8SVV are already at KR

I'm probably wrong of course but if it is the case then it will make a welcome addition to Kiddy

StourportSam

VX54 MUC was definitely still Barbie when I saw it at the start of the week. However, if driving around the depot and, hopefully (!), paying more attention to the road it would probably look white. If it helps MUC also had its front bumper missing and the two corner bits either side of the bumper had been replaced with white parts prior to its withdrawal from service.

It was the only bus in the bays when I saw it Tue or Wed.

winston

Quote from: StourportSam on June 27, 2014, 04:30:00 PM
VX54 MUC was definitely still Barbie when I saw it at the start of the week. However, if driving around the depot and, hopefully (!), paying more attention to the road it would probably look white. If it helps MUC also had its front bumper missing and the two corner bits either side of the bumper had been replaced with white parts prior to its withdrawal from service.

I didn't get a proper look at it as I was paying attention to the road  :P

I think it was in the third bay down from the left when your looking at the engineering block, I thought the whole bus was allover white as there was nothing parked either side of it. This was Thurs, not that it will probably make much difference

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Winston on June 27, 2014, 04:33:54 PM

I think it was in the third bay down from the left when your looking at the engineering block, I thought the whole bus was allover white as there was nothing parked either side of it

Can I just stress it has NOT been withdrawn it has a gearbox fault which is currently being rectified Simon has confirmed it will return to service once it has been resprayed and once the issue has been dealt with

StourportSam

Quote from: Will on June 27, 2014, 04:41:57 PM
Quote from: Winston on June 27, 2014, 04:33:54 PM

I think it was in the third bay down from the left when your looking at the engineering block, I thought the whole bus was allover white as there was nothing parked either side of it

Can I just stress it has NOT been withdrawn it has a gearbox fault which is currently being rectified Simon has confirmed it will return to service once it has been resprayed and once the issue has been dealt with

I think we have got our wires crossed there Will. I was referring to its withdrawal from service for gearbox and other work after which it will return to service once the apparent disagreement is settled. With all the, erm, 'lesser quality' vehicles at Kidderminster the three ex First darts will probably be the last of the lot to be withdrawn permanently. They are by far the best spec buses at Kidderminster... so are going nowhere.

Speaking of which I was on T418 MNH the other day and it seemed very healthy indeed, more so in fact than some of its younger counterparts.

StourportSam

I assume the issues suffered with VX54 MUC have been resolved and work completed as it was noted outside at Kidderminster depot this evening in shiny Diamond livery!

iamwilljh92

Quote from: StourportSam on July 08, 2014, 10:06:11 PM
I assume the issues suffered with VX54 MUC have been resolved and work completed as it was noted outside at Kidderminster depot this evening in shiny Diamond livery!

Yes! And I knew it had gone before anyone else did as I was briefly working at Diamond last week

StourportSam

Quote from: Will on July 08, 2014, 10:08:37 PM

Yes! And I knew it had gone before anyone else did as I was briefly working at Diamond last week

Why briefly, if you don't mind my asking?

Cedric

Quote from: Will on July 08, 2014, 10:08:37 PM

That's  all the darts done then what  was you job with diamond will ?
diamond 8\10/125/292

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk