News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond West Midlands - Kidderminster

Started by iamwilljh92, November 18, 2013, 12:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamwilljh92

Quote from: DiamondDart on June 01, 2014, 08:32:56 PM
As a general rule what % of spares would an average depot require?

Another long dart from Redditch will probably move across as and when 30302 enters service.

I agree about the royales- the routes they would be idealfor wouldn't be able to pay for them...

Yes agreed mate

KU52 RYK or MW52 PZP (or both :P)

Tony

Another long dart from Redditch will probably move across as and when 30302 enters service.

I agree about the royales- the routes they would be idealfor wouldn't be able to pay for them...

A lot of operators work in the range of 8-10% spares

winston

Quote from: Tony on June 01, 2014, 08:40:38 PM

As KR have a relatively small allocation of under 30, the percentage spare may need to be higher in the event of breakdowns / accident damage / routine maintenance etc

PM

Quote from: Tony on June 01, 2014, 08:40:38 PM

Thanks for the info Tony :)

I agree though Winston- a smaller fleet with older vehicles than the other diamond garages may well require a higher % spare capacity.

StourportSam

Quote from: Winston on June 01, 2014, 07:20:04 PM
Quote from: Matt on June 01, 2014, 07:15:26 PM

There's a big difference between intentions and reality, I've seen them all over the place. I really think Kidderminster should be having Tividale's royales and not more poxy Darts as Kidderminster's services are far more suitable for them

I agree the Royales would be better suited to the longer distance X3, 292, 294, 295 & 303 etc additionally now the 202. But I don't think Tividale should lose those unless they are replaced by further B7RLE from within Rotala or even new.

Quote from: Will on June 01, 2014, 06:43:32 PM
Kidderminster update (01/06/14)

Tividale vehicles have arrived in Kiddy my mate went past the garage today and had a look and he confirmed that the vehicles that are here include:

W567 JVV
KU52 RYH
LG02 FFH
V391 SVV

So there we go Black Diamond vehicles have returned to KR!! :)

Have KR not had any many additional buses than those to cover the 3 frequency increase & new route 1?

Personally I don't feel loadings on the 294/5 are such to require more than a long dart. In any case they were up for withdrawal by WCC. Agree about the other routes.

There are quite a few more buses than Will mentions. The depot is now full after end of service! Haven't been able to get IDs since my return from Cornwall two days ago but did see Y263 KNB. Will report others as I see them.

StourportSam

Kidderminster Update

As mentioned above the report from Will of vehicles transferred in is inaccurate!!
Y263 KNB was here Monday and I'm sure I saw Y2 JPT - has anyone thought of the chance both Y2 and Y3 JPT have been moved across?

In other news, the vehicles 'transferred in' for the 142/202 have appeared on the 303 and 3 - Black dart on 303 yesterday and V391 SVV on 3 today!

The new 1 service appears well used.

Whittle 3s were still getting good loads today so time will tell who wins the battle...

PM

Quote from: StourportSam on June 03, 2014, 08:20:29 PM
Kidderminster Update

As mentioned above the report from Will of vehicles transferred in is inaccurate!!
Y263 KNB was here Monday and I'm sure I saw Y2 JPT - has anyone thought of the chance both Y2 and Y3 JPT have been moved across?

In other news, the vehicles 'transferred in' for the 142/202 have appeared on the 303 and 3 - Black dart on 303 yesterday and V391 SVV on 3 today!

Whittle 3s were still getting good loads today so time will tell who wins the battle...

In fairness to Will, he said vehicles transferred in INCLUDED  those he listed so he suggested there were others that he wasn't able to ID at that stage.

Good news about the 1 and hope it takes off!!

Presumably Sam the withdrawn vehicles are mostly the reason for the depot being more full after end of service?

StourportSam

Quote from: DiamondDart on June 03, 2014, 08:23:37 PM
Presumably Sam the withdrawn vehicles are mostly the reason for the depot being more full after end of service?

@DiamondDart No, as they are there in the day too! I mean vehicles parked up in the service vehicle parking areas, these have now spilled out to other areas of the staff car park facing other ways.

Cedric

Kidderminster Update

In other news, the vehicles 'transferred in' for the 142/202 have appeared on the 303 and 3 - Black dart on 303 yesterday and V391 SVV on 3 today!  The new 1 service appears well used.

the route the diamond one takes  serves one road that's never had a bus along it and some parts have not had a bus service  in the area for along time I am not talking of the rifle range it,s the roads  it take to get there and on it,s inward run  when it reachs swan centre it goes back to the ring road to serve morrisons  in green street 

diamond 8\10/125/292

iamwilljh92

A driver friend of mine told me today that 30500 (MW52 PZR) is "poorly"although he didn't exactly know what was wrong with it so on the odd chance anyone notes it as being VOR then you know why

winston

Kidderminster Update

Thanks for the update Sam, I was thinking how the new/enhanced services were getting on in their first week. The 1 sounds particularly promising for its first week.

It makes you wonder what has been on the 202 if V391SVV is already being used on KR services

StourportSam

@Winston yes my question is who'd like to guess when we will see the first MPD on the 202? It will happen knowing KR allocations!

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Winston on June 03, 2014, 08:35:12 PM
Kidderminster Update

Thanks for the update Sam, I was thinking how the new/enhanced services were getting on in their first week. The 1 sounds particularly promising for its first week.

It makes you wonder what has been on the 202 if V391SVV is already being used on KR services

Yes and I would like to add that (W567 JVV) has been officially Kidderminster assigned because I noted on the back of the ticket machine inside it today a GREEN "KD" sticker and I have also noted today Birmingham-based drivers have been transferred over here as well

PM

Quote from: Will on June 03, 2014, 08:40:39 PM
Quote from: Winston on June 03, 2014, 08:35:12 PM
Kidderminster Update

Yes and I would like to add that (W567 JVV) has been officially Kidderminster assigned because I noted on the back of the ticket machine inside it today a GREEN "KD" sticker and I have also noted today Birmingham-based drivers have been transferred over here as well

Birmingham based drivers? Do you mean LAC or TE drivers?

winston

Quote from: StourportSam on June 03, 2014, 08:38:43 PM
@Winston yes my question is who'd like to guess when we will see the first MPD on the 202? It will happen knowing KR allocations!

@StourportSam based on your obs and the addition of up to four further MPD/short Darts i.e. Y263KNB, Y2/3JPT & LG02FFH, I reckon one will appear on the 202 this week or by latest next week.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk