News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond West Midlands - Kidderminster

Started by iamwilljh92, November 18, 2013, 12:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamwilljh92

Quote from: StourportSam on August 15, 2014, 10:04:34 AM
Just caught a glimpse of a Solo in the yard, just a glance but could have been MX09 HJG.

It will probably only be here temporarily while W904 JNF is out of use

Cedric

or it could be for one of the  new droitwich services
diamond 8\10/125/292

iamwilljh92

Quote from: bowler on August 15, 2014, 03:19:52 PM

No Cedric! Kidderminster does not need Solo's if they're here temporarily fair do but full time no chance

winston

Doubt it, more likely a short-term loan from Tividale as Will said, 20841 has on recently moved to Tividale for the 226.

iamwilljh92

30445 is now parked up around the side of the depot VOR thus therefore assuming it is now out of public use (with Diamond at least anyway!!) as has previously been reported by Simon Dunn 30445 (T418 MNH) is up for sale so this is probably the reason why it has now been disused

Cedric

Quote from: Will on August 16, 2014, 02:26:23 PM
30445 is now parked up around the side of the depot VOR thus therefore assuming it is now out of public use (with Diamond at least anyway!!) as has previously been reported by Simon Dunn 30445 (T418 MNH) is up for sale so this is probably the reason why it has now been disused
it was still in service  yesterday saw it several times yesterday on various services  . last time was around 4.30pm  on a  3 I think it was  then
diamond 8\10/125/292

winston

Quote from: Winston on August 15, 2014, 03:24:21 PM

Doubt it, more likely a short-term loan from Tividale as Will said, 20841 has on recently moved to Tividale for the 226.

20841 is back at Tividale on the 226 today

iamwilljh92

Also when I came past the bus garage today I noted 20851 (KU52 RYN) is once again VOR it is parked in the corner where some of the scrap Darts were parked so no idea whats wrong with it this time someone else can ask Simon Dunn I'm always doing the asking...

StourportSam

Quote from: Will on August 16, 2014, 08:52:19 PM
Also when I came past the bus garage today I noted 20851 (KU52 RYN) is once again VOR it is parked in the corner where some of the scrap Darts were parked so no idea whats wrong with it this time someone else can ask Simon Dunn I'm always doing the asking...

Most of the Kidderminster allocation have been VOR periodically over the past month or two, KU52 RYN isn't special. I just hadn't reported these VORs as it seemed routine.

PM

Surprised no-one has commented up until now on the Diamond Kidderminster improvements from 1st September.

Specifically, more buses to Ludlow and less confusing short variations.

All buses on the 2 to serve Hales Park, unlike currently.

iamwilljh92

Quote from: StourportSam on August 16, 2014, 09:01:16 PM
Quote from: Will on August 16, 2014, 08:52:19 PM

Most of the Kidderminster allocation have been VOR periodically over the past month or two, KU52 RYN isn't special. I just hadn't reported these VORs as it seemed routine.

Really miss working there! At least I knew the goings on with the vehicles

StourportSam

Red Diamond liveried ALX 200 noted at Kidderminster today in the VOR line-up. Presume this is W906 JNF, bumper panel with reg was missing so unable to ID.

KU52 RYN is still VOR.

30445 appears to have departed.

StourportSam

Quote from: DiamondDart on August 16, 2014, 09:05:04 PM
Surprised no-one has commented up until now on the Diamond Kidderminster improvements from 1st September.

Also 2L (292) no longer runs fast between Kidderminster and Bewdley, going via Habberley instead. With the improved 2A/2C Habberley gains a lot of buses.

Areley Kings sees less buses overall, Stourport and Bewdley get a fantastic link, etc.

Looks as though 2L and 303 will no longer inter-work.

4/5 service sensibly rationalised to service 4A.

Interestingly it looks as though Diamond have lost all Wolverley schools work to Whittle.

On an overall basis, with the communities affected negatively in mind, the Wyre Forest seems to have got improved services as a result of the council cuts.

PM

Quote from: StourportSam on August 19, 2014, 02:53:02 PM

Also 2L (292) no longer runs fast between Kidderminster and Bewdley, going via Habberley instead. With the improved 2A/2C Habberley gains a lot of buses.

Areley Kings sees less buses overall, Stourport and Bewdley get a fantastic link, etc.

Interestingly it looks as though Diamond have lost all Wolverley schools work to Whittle.

On an overall basis, with the communities affected negatively in mind, the Wyre Forest seems to have got improved services as a result of the council cuts.

I guess it seems sensible for one operator to serve Wolverley schools as opposed to the current two, dependent on if morning or afternoon.

As I don't know KR very well, will the 4/4A/5 rationalisation see some areas unserved that were previously or is it a good simplification of services that passengers should better understand?

Cedric

Quote from: DiamondDart on August 19, 2014, 03:06:03 PM
Quote from: StourportSam on August 19, 2014, 02:53:02 PM

I guess it seems sensible for one operator to serve Wolverley schools as opposed to the current two, dependent on if morning or afternoon.

As I don't know KR very well, will the 4/4A/5 rationalisation see some areas unserved that were previously or is it a good simplification of services that passengers should better understand?
the current 4a is jus a couple of runs in the morning and the current 4/5 combined to provide a half hourly service to one area using two different was the one is on the hour the other is on the half hour the 4a will just be hourly just using the one way not sure of exact route yet as wcc site say  one way and diamond  another.  the part of the 4/5 that is being droped  is covered for part of the day by arrvia 297 
diamond 8\10/125/292

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk