News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Claribels

Started by monkeyjoe, May 02, 2012, 02:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveminor

Regarding service 424. Since covid tfwm have been extending tfwm have been extending contracts to provide continuity & a stable bus network for passengers, however Birmingham becoming a clean air zone puts a spanner in the works as it is a euro5 contract & would be economical to convert buses or procure euro 6 buses for such a short extension. Therefore with very few passengers travelling on the section from bevington rd to city centre this section has been removed. The Broadway section Diamond bus have kindly agreed to cover with the 68 & the 424 will continue to operate between Perry barr and queslett. Times for both ourselves & Diamond have been kept as similar as possible to provide some stability for passengers.

In light of the current uncertainty for the industry during this time we will be returning bus NYZ off lease.

We look for commercial opportunities in the future but like all operators at present we await further guidance from the dft as to the continuation or planned future of the CBSSG scheme.

As for the suggestion of running 75 hourly, its currently tendered to run at its current frequency so unless more money becomes available (highly unlikely) it will remain at this frequency until at least the end of the contract

cris 99

just a quick enquiry has NYZ returned now?
17//72/73/97/X12

Stu

Quote from: cris 99 on May 27, 2021, 09:15:47 AM
just a quick enquiry has NYZ returned now?

Returned from where?
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/196185

Shows as last used 20th May.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Steveminor

Due to leave next Wednesday although currently not in use.

YJ60GJF being towed through the Fox & Goose this evening by Egertons at 21:45.

Strange time to see a Claribels bus, normally they disappear at about 18:00.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BBS

MX61BAV on the 36 but at 15:55 driver decided to take it via Weatherfield road and skipping the entire acocks green.
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

JPC

Quote from: bbs on June 18, 2021, 04:26:10 PM
MX61BAV on the 36 but at 15:55 driver decided to take it via Weatherfield road and skipping the entire acocks green.

Bustimes is often useful for finding out the route taken, it still ran back and covered the Acocks Green loop, so only two stops were omitted, not ten, and I guess the driver could have at least visibly checked for anybody waiting at the first omitted stop before deciding to divert for whatever reason, school time congestion I guess, and the second omitted stop has the more frequent service 1/1A for those needing a short journey to Acocks Green.

Edit: Have now noticed this journey also missed out Stockfield Rd and Wharfdale Rd ::)

Steveminor

I am aware of an incident reported by the driver which required a diversion.
The diversion route was set up by myself to cover as many stops as possible and as has been pointed out would give driver visibility over some stops he couldn't serve to look for intending passengers.
I am not sure as to why bus times does not show the vehicle serving Stockfield rd as I have checked the vehicle traffilog tracker which shows the vehicle travelling along Stockfield rd. A possibility is that the ticketer goes went dead for a short period of time so I have no tracker off the etm for that time period, bustimes.org takes its feed from our etm so would not have tracked the bus live at that time either so may have just joined the dots from the data it did recieve

B61 ANDREW

Thanks for the clarification - no pun intended.  :)

Tony

Has YX17 NYZ been returned off lease? @Steveminor ?

I saw it today with other E200s belonging to Mistral

Steveminor

It has @Tony went a week last Wednesday

BBS

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/18705/ 36 used to Go Mole street and Birmingham.Happened in 2002 but i think its quite a good idea

Jack

Quote from: bbs on July 16, 2021, 11:15:04 PM
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/18705/ 36 used to Go Mole street and Birmingham.Happened in 2002 but i think its quite a good idea
Erm... the 36 went to Mole Street until a few years ago... and its not a good idea it was discussed on h to long ago... if it was a good idea then there wouldn't of been an idea to keep shortening it...

BBS

Quote from: Jack on July 17, 2021, 12:25:13 AM
Erm... the 36 went to Mole Street until a few years ago... and its not a good idea it was discussed on h to long ago... if it was a good idea then there wouldn't of been an idea to keep shortening it...
Someone said once that there were quite hard turns which was a reason to be shortened

Jack

Quote from: bbs on July 17, 2021, 09:48:18 AM
Someone said once that there were quite hard turns which was a reason to be shortened
On occasions I have seen NX buses use Mole Street, either on diversion or to turn round short... its quite wide. There was probably not enough passengers around there for it to work. The current 34 doesn't pick a lot up really either...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk