News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Claribels

Started by monkeyjoe, May 02, 2012, 02:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: ellspurs on November 04, 2020, 03:10:13 AM
Claribels has been running the 94 route for over 25 years now. The only people that'd think twice about catching one would be ones that already have an NX pass.
And anyone who wants to purchase an NX dayticket. I think the N Bus one is 20p more or so, not everyone would just get on it.
And as well as those with passes that's a lot of people to be fare, NX service is also far busier from what I see, hence every 4 minute frequency on 55/94 and double decker buses.

The only people who'd get the Claribels bus are those with N Bus passes and Concessionary Passes who can get either i'd think.

Whilst it has been running for 25 years, the frequency has also been cut back down to every 18 minutes. And the Claribel 55 on the same corridor has also completely disappeared now. Which probably relates to reduced passengers on the Claribels service.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Lukeee

Quote from: 2206 on November 05, 2020, 05:45:02 PM
The only people who'd get the Claribels bus are those with N Bus passes and Concessionary Passes who can get either i'd think.

And people paying with cash

Gareth

Quote from: Lukeee on November 05, 2020, 10:40:12 PM
And people paying with cash

Claibels have taken contactless payments for months now.

Steveminor

Claribels has a very loyal customer base hence the longevity of the service.

The 55 was taken back to peak only as that followed the data on when the majority of our customers travelled, however due to covid & the requirement to double up on some schools & cover extra work following the unfortunate failure of decourcey those duties & buses have been redeployed & simply not in the right positions to fulfill that timetable (albeit  for 1 am journey).

Like all operators (& everyone else) we hope that an effective vaccine can be found soon so that we can begin to recover & rebuild from the devastating impact this disease has had on our lives.

Quote from: Steveminor on November 06, 2020, 08:03:19 AM
(albeit  for 1 am journey).
Not sure where the buses came from on the most recent timetable.
But when they first started running peak time only on the route the buses used to come off the 604 PM I think using E200 at 16:50 and 17:20. Which school routes do those E200 do now?
Also i'm sure i've regularly seen a pulsar running back to the depot on Bromford Lane in the PM peak, so presumably thats another bus that used to be used on the 55?

Just wandering as the tracking seems to suggest these buses run dead back to the depot PM?

So I presume not all of the buses have been redeployed off the PM journeys either. As well as the AM journey?

https://bustimes.org/vehicles/196198?date=2020-11-03#journeys/83063294
https://bustimes.org/services/604-mere-green-kingstanding-via-sutton-coldfield/vehicles?date=2020-11-03#journeys/83148693
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/196196?date=2020-11-02#journeys/82913491
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Steveminor

That daf has always done that, it runs over onto the 75 pm peak service.

Recent timetable it was the dafs that ran the 55 peaks with just 1 e200 running off the 424 in the am (8.30) departure from city.

Quote from: Steveminor on November 06, 2020, 11:29:09 AM
That daf has always done that, it runs over onto the 75 pm peak service.

Recent timetable it was the dafs that ran the 55 peaks with just 1 e200 running off the 424 in the am (8.30) departure from city.
Thanks for the info about the pulsar
They definitley used at least one E200 PM, i'm sure. I remember I caught YX17NYY on the 55 on March 9th 2020. In the PM peak. I recorded it on here.
Quote from: 2206 on March 09, 2020, 06:05:00 PM
Washwood Heath Road between Saltley and Ward End, is at a standstill tonight. Got on YX17NYY on the 55 at 17:05 at Priory Queensway and didn't get to Ward End till 18:00. Was operating unload only by the time i'd got off. The one infront - 1800 looked very overcrowded as well.
Worst I've seen it in a long time.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Steveminor

Covering for out of position dafs at times of increased congestion as you pointed out

ellspurs

Quote from: Steveminor on November 06, 2020, 08:03:19 AM
Claribels has a very loyal customer base hence the longevity of the service.

Yea, there were a lot of people local to me that were pleased to see the Claribels running on the 94 again.

BBS

Claribels 36 Is Terminating on battery way today as Warwick road dual carriageway is being resurfaced.
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

ellspurs

Quote from: bbs on December 19, 2020, 01:56:22 PM
Claribels 36 Is Terminating on battery way today as Warwick road dual carriageway is being resurfaced.

As there was a burst water main on Warwick Road yesterday.

Steveminor

The light at the end of the lockdown tunnel just got brighter as one of our drivers has an appointment for his first coronavirus vaccination tomorrow.

Steveminor

As from Monday Claribels will be offering free travel before 0930 to all concessionary pass holders who show a covid 19 vaccination appointment just show your pass & your vaccination appointment confirmation. Those who receive their appointment via telephone can ask at the time for a text or email confirmation to enable them to board the bus.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Steveminor on January 22, 2021, 05:53:35 PM
As from Monday Claribels will be offering free travel before 0930 to all concessionary pass holders who show a covid 19 vaccination appointment just show your pass & your vaccination appointment confirmation. Those who receive their appointment via telephone can ask at the time for a text or email confirmation to enable them to board the bus.

Round of applause to be given to you. What a good gesture!

Tony

Quote from: Steveminor on January 22, 2021, 05:53:35 PM

It's a good idea, and this isn't a knock at the company at all, but how are you getting this information to possible passengers?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk