News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Claribels

Started by monkeyjoe, May 02, 2012, 02:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikestone

It seems rather odd to say showing both end points is to be avoided - I would have thought it should be specifically banned.

Pat

Quote from: mikestone on February 11, 2021, 01:49:20 PM
It seems rather odd to say showing both end points is to be avoided - I would have thought it should be specifically banned.
This is a practice still used by Stagecoach and Phil Anslow in and around Cwmbran/Abergavenny areas.  E.g, the display will read

Knoll Estate
to/from Abergavenny

DJ

Quote from: Steveminor on February 10, 2021, 07:50:28 PM
Yes you were stu.
For anyone that may think differently regarding the placing of the route number I draw your attention to the earlier observation of where nx Coventry place their route numbers. A company like national express are hardly likely to breach PSVAR

NX did in Dundee, where they used to use all capitals for the destinations, before changing it. Uno in Northampton did too until they were made to fix their blinds.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Pat

Quote from: DJ on February 11, 2021, 04:20:40 PM
NX did in Dundee, where they used to use all capitals for the destinations, before changing it. Uno in Northampton did too until they were made to fix their blinds.
It makes it difficult to read if the display is in block capitals - even more so if you have a visual impairment!  Precisely the reason why these sort of regulations are drawn up.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on February 11, 2021, 04:59:35 PM
It makes it difficult to read if the display is in block capitals - even more so if you have a visual impairment!  Precisely the reason why these sort of regulations are drawn up.

I must admit I have a visual imparement and I find that Block Capitals would probably help more that hinder..but that's my observation of buses... Especially when they are a little furthet away.

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on February 11, 2021, 05:15:00 PM

I must admit I have a visual imparement and I find that Block Capitals would probably help more that hinder..but that's my observation of buses... Especially when they are a little furthet away.

Been proven scientifically the other way

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on February 11, 2021, 06:10:00 PM
Been proven scientifically the other way

As I said @Tony It would help me but that's not the normal feneral public with eye conditions.. And as you say it's been proven scientifically the other way... So I can't augue with that.. But if the scientists were to ask me I'd probably sway the other way and say Block Capitals would help.
Again that's just my opinion!!😁

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack D

Space for an extra bus or two to go on a different route, could we see a return on 55?

Quote from: Jack D on May 09, 2021, 06:47:15 PM
could we see a return on 55?
NXWM run a good service on the 55 and 94, so don't think that's needed.
With 1 bus they aren't really going to be able to provide a good frequency on there, it'd be something like every 2 hours beyond Ward End on the 55 route.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack D

Claribel's should look at running alongside some less frequent NXWM routes, would probably help with revenue or come up with a complete new route

Solo1

Could we see 75 every hour instead of every 2 hours

Kevin

Quote from: 2206 on May 09, 2021, 06:25:20 PM
424 curtailed at Perry Barr from the 23rd May 2021.
No longer serving Birmingham City Centre, Aston and Newtown.

http://www.travelinemidlands.co.uk/wmtis/XSLT_TTB_REQUEST?language=en&command=direct&net=cen&line=13424&sup=%20&itdLPxx_direction=H&project=y11&outputFormat=0&itdLPxx_displayHeader=false&itdLPxx_sessionID=EFA03_57801890&lineVer=8&itdLPxx_spTr=8&itdLPxx_operatorCodeForTTB=CLA

<wild speculation>
Potential for the 68A/C to be amended to cover? From PB via Broadway to Villa Park and the estate along the Lichfield Rd, Victoria Road then down to Park Lane and town?
</wild speculation>
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Quote from: Kevin on May 10, 2021, 12:43:21 PM
<wild speculation>
Potential for the 68A/C to be amended to cover? From PB via Broadway to Villa Park and the estate along the Lichfield Rd, Victoria Road then down to Park Lane and town?
</wild speculation>
Not to Town, no.

Service 68A will follow the current Route into Aston Lane to the Junction of Wellhead Lane then will follow the Below Route:
Stoneleigh Road, The Broadway, Witton Road - then Service will follow its current Line of Route until Villa Park, Witton Square, The Broadway, Stoneleigh Rd, Aston Lane. Then follow to Perry Barr Interchange

https://www.diamondbuses.com/west-midlands/bus-services/68a/
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Kevin

Quote from: 2206 on May 10, 2021, 12:57:10 PM
Not to Town, no.

Service 68A will follow the current Route into Aston Lane to the Junction of Wellhead Lane then will follow the Below Route:
Stoneleigh Road, The Broadway, Witton Road - then Service will follow its current Line of Route until Villa Park, Witton Square, The Broadway, Stoneleigh Rd, Aston Lane. Then follow to Perry Barr Interchange

https://www.diamondbuses.com/west-midlands/bus-services/68a/

Ah, yeah I'd imagined something that could work with 2 buses, to make a bigger loop of Aston or something into town, forgot that a 45 min frequency could be an option because it's just such an annoying frequency to understand
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk