News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Claribels

Started by monkeyjoe, May 02, 2012, 02:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveminor

Tfwm will help us get the word out, also we already carry some of the vaccination staff to some of the centres who will also communicate that they can get vaccine free travel pre 0930 with us.
Maybe your bosses could also assist with getting the information out via their social media channels.

This just feels the morally right thing for us to do.

mikestone

Wording on Cheshire website implies operators have no choice in the matter and it applies to all, not just people travelling for vaccination, but discussion on merseyside group and the D&G website both suggest you do have to show proof.

Stu

Quote from: Steveminor on January 22, 2021, 11:04:51 PM
Tfwm will help us get the word out, also we already carry some of the vaccination staff to some of the centres who will also communicate that they can get vaccine free travel pre 0930 with us.
Maybe your bosses could also assist with getting the information out via their social media channels.

This just feels the morally right thing for us to do.

Have shared on my WMBU website and Facebook page  ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Steveminor

Steveminor

Just to inform everyone Tfwm have now announced vaccination appointment pre 0930 travel for concessionary pass holders on all buses & trams in the west Midlands

Bus Spotter Ben

I don't know about anyone else whether they've noticed this before but isn't the route number supposed to be on the near side rather on the offside as stated in the PSVAR guidance.

"Route and destination displays 8.(1) A regulated public service vehicle shall be fitted with a route number
display and a destination display in the following positions
(a) on the front of the vehicle, as close as practicable to that part of the windscreen which is
within the drivers field of vision; and
(b) on the nearside of the vehicle adjacent to the entrance which is closest to the front of the
vehicle at a height of not less than 1.2m to the lower edge of the display characters and not more
than 2.5m to the upper edge of the display characters measured from the ground and, if fitted
with a kneeling system, with the vehicle in the normal condition for vehicle travel
."

I just thought it was something to bring up as I've also noticed NX Coventry also have this issue.

Stu

Quote from: Bus Spotter Ben on February 10, 2021, 03:30:49 PM
I don't know about anyone else whether they've noticed this before but isn't the route number supposed to be on the near side rather on the offside as stated in the PSVAR guidance.

"Route and destination displays 8.(1) A regulated public service vehicle shall be fitted with a route number
(a) on the front of the vehicle, as close as practicable to that part of the windscreen which is
(b) on the nearside of the vehicle adjacent to the entrance which is closest to the front of the
vehicle at a height of not less than 1.2m to the lower edge of the display characters and not more
than 2.5m to the upper edge of the display characters measured from the ground and, if fitted
with a kneeling system, with the vehicle in the normal condition for vehicle travel
."

I just thought it was something to bring up as I've also noticed NX Coventry also have this issue.

I think that is referring to the fitted position of the side display on the vehicle, rather than the positioning of the route number on the display itself.
My locals:

Pat

Quote from: Bus Spotter Ben on February 10, 2021, 03:30:49 PM

."

Correct, route indicator has to be on the nearside, as it's easier for passengers to read.  This is a particular pet hate of mine, as it just looks strange.  Also, destination indicators shouldn't be in block capitals.  Using 'inverted' functions to display information (such as what NX use to display 'Part Route') is also frowned upon. 

Quote from: Stu on February 10, 2021, 03:37:55 PM
I think that is referring to the fitted position of the side display on the vehicle, rather than the positioning of the route number on the display itself.
It isn't.

Steveminor

8.1 a, refers to front blind.
8.1 b, refers to the side blind

Stu

Quote from: Steveminor on February 10, 2021, 06:13:59 PM
8.1 a, refers to front blind.
8.1 b, refers to the side blind

Thanks, so I was right in my interpretation then!
My locals:

Steveminor

Yes you were stu.
For anyone that may think differently regarding the placing of the route number I draw your attention to the earlier observation of where nx Coventry place their route numbers. A company like national express are hardly likely to breach PSVAR

Tony

Quote from: Steveminor on February 10, 2021, 07:50:28 PM
Yes you were stu.
For anyone that may think differently regarding the placing of the route number I draw your attention to the earlier observation of where nx Coventry place their route numbers. A company like national express are hardly likely to breach PSVAR

It is an advisory, not a compulsory part.

Pat

This is taken from the PSVAR regulations:

A good destination and route number display will be clearly legible by day and night and commercial
advertising should not detract from them. A consistent display design is also helpful, therefore the route
number should always be to the right of the destination when viewed.
Other major points on the route can
be included but they should not detract from the clarity of the ultimate destination. Destination displays
which simultaneously show both ends of a route are confusing and should be avoided. The destination
appropriate to the direction of travel should be displayed or if a circular route such information necessary
to identify the direction of travel.

Stu

Quote from: Pat on February 10, 2021, 07:58:00 PM
This is taken from the PSVAR regulations:

A good destination and route number display will be clearly legible by day and night and commercial
advertising should not detract from them. A consistent display design is also helpful, therefore the route
number should always be to the right of the destination when viewed.
Other major points on the route can
be included but they should not detract from the clarity of the ultimate destination. Destination displays
which simultaneously show both ends of a route are confusing and should be avoided. The destination
appropriate to the direction of travel should be displayed or if a circular route such information necessary
to identify the direction of travel.

Emphasis there on the word 'should', as opposed to 'must be'.

My comment was based on what Bus Spotter Ben quoted from the PSVAR guidance, and that specifically refers to the 'fitting position' of displays:

Route and destination displays 8.(1) A regulated public service vehicle shall be fitted with a route number

(a) on the front of the vehicle,
(b) on the nearside of the vehicle adjacent to the entrance
My locals:

Pat

Quote from: Stu on February 10, 2021, 08:32:07 PM
Emphasis there on the word 'should', as opposed to 'must be'.

My comment was based on what Bus Spotter Ben quoted from the PSVAR guidance, and that specifically refers to the 'fitting position' of displays:

Route and destination displays 8.(1) A regulated public service vehicle shall be fitted with a route number

(a) on the front of the vehicle,
(b) on the nearside of the vehicle adjacent to the entrance

My apologies Stu, I misinterpreted you there.  What i've been referring to is the positioning of the route number on the front destination display, which is what I think Ben was referring to.

What I can't understand is why Coventry have their route number on the left, when WM have theirs on the right.  I presume Adeon does the blinds for both?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk