News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Claribels

Started by monkeyjoe, May 02, 2012, 02:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metrocity

Quote from: Dom on October 25, 2018, 09:23:06 AM
Yet another occasion this morning where I've seen a Claribels driver going along NIS, smoking a cigarette.

Seen at the Monkseaton Road at 0920.

I presume you have reported it to the company in that case so that they can investigate?

MW

Yet another occasion this morning where I've seen a Claribels driver going along NIS, smoking a cigarette.

What's wrong with that?

Tony

Quote from: MW on October 25, 2018, 10:06:40 AM
What's wrong with that?

Enough to get the driver's PCV license revoked if seen by the DVSA and get a £1,000 fine for smoking in a workplace if reported to the council

Dom

Quote from: metrocity on October 25, 2018, 09:37:17 AM
I presume you have reported it to the company in that case so that they can investigate?

I wouldn’t be sure who to contact regarding this.

Steveminor

Dom perhaps you could maybe give a registration or an actual real road name. Might help investigate.

Whilst you're at it read your employers policy on posting material on social media.....

If you're not sure what your employers policy is on social media maybe I could email someone at your office to explain it to you.......

Gareth

I'm quite a fan of Claribels, have used them for 25-30 years,  but this isn't uncommon. A shame as it isn't representative of their smart and tidy fleet.

Steveminor

There is a way of reporting things though. Anyone witnessing any infractions please note time registration & correct location & report to our office or even pm me on here so that cctv, tracker data can be downloaded & investigated.

Dom

Quote from: Steveminor on October 25, 2018, 11:47:46 AM
Dom perhaps you could maybe give a registration or an actual real road name. Might help investigate.

Whilst you're at it read your employers policy on posting material on social media.....

If you're not sure what your employers policy is on social media maybe I could email someone at your office to explain it to you.......

I'm not saying it on behalf of my employer. As I say, opinions are my own.

Didn't get the vehicle registration due to driving at the time, I saw him on the Birmingham Road, just passing Monkseaton Road at 0920 this morning as I had said.

Steveminor

As I said Dom read your employers social media policy or I shall have someone read it to you which may put you in a slightly uncomfortable position with your employer given your role requires you to be impartial & some of your remarks on here are far from impartial......

As I said put it in a pm that's not too difficult to understand is it?

karl724223

If Dom was driving his own private car and he wasn't being paid at the time by his employer he was a member of the public in which case his employer doesn't come into it @Dom

Tony

Quote from: karl724223 on October 25, 2018, 05:49:35 PM
If Dom was driving his own private car and he wasn't being paid at the time by his employer he was a member of the public in which case his employer doesn't come into it @Dom

And I am sure that if he saw the driver of another company smoking he would also mention it, so he is not being impartial.

Smethwickian

Quote from: Steveminor on October 25, 2018, 12:56:15 PM
As I said Dom read your employers social media policy or I shall have someone read it to you which may put you in a slightly uncomfortable position with your employer given your role requires you to be impartial & some of your remarks on here are far from impartial......

As I said put it in a pm that's not too difficult to understand is it?
Rather threatening tone there. Is that within Claribels' social media policy?
Dom might be being a bit indiscrete on social media perhaps but not breaking the law, unlike a bus driver smoking at the wheel.
If I was a bus operator, I would use the info already given to start checking vehicle CCTV to instigate appropriate disciplinary proceedings against the culprit, not blaming someone  for noticing the infraction and commenting upon it.
If I were to see such a thing in future, particularly aboard Claribel, I'd be getting phone footage to send straight to police and the DVSA rather than troubling the company.
Oh, and whatever social media policy MY employer might or might not have is absolutely none of Steveminor's business.

Steveminor

Just to clear up we had no buses in that area at that time I know I checked the tracker. So once again as with the suggestion that Claribels were running a non dda bus this is complete rubbish.

I have previously said if anyone spots any infractions please either contact the office or feel free to PM  me on here & it will be investigated.

The issue is that on 2 occasions this forum has been used to fabricate things about Claribels & given that one of these people is a person who is in a position which could cause serious problems for operators through his role this SHOULD NOT HAPPEN ON ANY SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM. His employers policy is in place to prevent such things happening.

I'm sure Simon Dunn or Simon Matheson or Tom Stables or Nigel eggerton would agree with me on that.

metrocity

Quote from: Dom on October 25, 2018, 10:51:28 AM
I wouldn't be sure who to contact regarding this.
Interesting edit @Dom....

MW

He's not fabricating anything. I regularly see the same few Claribels drivers doing the same, and one of them was the one with the bus with no ramp.

See what I mean now @Dom, this guy just chats shit on here understandably to protect his company, but none the less it's all bollocks. I know what I saw and I've seen what Dom is saying various times. I just don't want to cause hassle for any drivers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk