News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Claribels

Started by monkeyjoe, May 02, 2012, 02:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack D

I'm being told by a driver on 55 Claribel this morning that he thinks 55 Claribel might come back, anyojne heard anything. There will be no profit made on 97 I don't think due to the high amount of NXbuses on there.

Quote from: Jack D on January 24, 2019, 06:14:32 PM
There will be no profit made on 97 I don't think due to the high amount of NXbuses on there.
Though you could use that same argument that there is a large number of NX buses on there for the Washwood Heath Rd 55/94 - 4 minute frequency with NX as far as Ward End, 8 minute beyond there. 4/H, 50, 16 etc, as well, all have a high frequency with NX though presumably Diamond and Claribels are doing ok on these routes, as they have remained on there for years.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

fleetline6477

Quote from: 2206 on January 24, 2019, 06:17:40 PM
Though you could use that same argument that there is a large number of NX buses on there for the Washwood Heath Rd 55/94 - 4 minute frequency with NX as far as Ward End, 8 minute beyond there. 4/H, 50, 16 etc, as well, all have a high frequency with NX though presumably Diamond and Claribels are doing ok on these routes, as they have remained on there for years.

I think the difference between Claribels on the 55 and the 97 is they have spent years building up a customer base and reputation, with the 97 they are starting from scratch with very limited number of journeys.

metrocity

Quote from: fleetline6477 on January 24, 2019, 09:26:15 PM
I think the difference between Claribels on the 55 and the 97 is they have spent years building up a customer base and reputation, with the 97 they are starting from scratch with very limited number of journeys.
I suspect the customer base isn't big enough - if they were making a decent enough return on the 55 then why would they withdraw it?

Quote from: metrocity on January 24, 2019, 09:40:14 PM
I suspect the customer base isn't big enough - if they were making a decent enough return on the 55 then why would they withdraw it?
These paticular peak trips are well used from my observations they do carry full and busy loads with an E200 (it used to fill a pulsar from what I remember but that changed when they cut back) so it does seem strange, they are withdrawing these small number of peak journeys to introduce a small number of peak journeys on the 97 - before the buses go onto tendered routes.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Steveminor

You have to remember guys with modern technology we can gather all the information regarding fuel usage per bus operational costs per bus with etm data, all this information quite clearly shows if a route or even an individual journey is in profit break even or loss. The 55 has been operating at a loss for a considerable amount of time now & I had hoped the better fuel economy of the enviros would put it at least to break even. This has not happened & I can not justify operating these journeys at a loss any longer.

The 97A represents a tremendous opportunity to staff at heartlands hospital who currently have no direct link to Yorkminster Drive, since my son has been in & out of there I have had contact with staff & have an idea & knowledge of there greatest needs. This was taken into account with drafting the timetable. The 97A is not just a carbon copy of nxwm 97 & as such has every chance of success.

I'm sure there are many on here that would jump up & down so quickly to criticise me if I failed to cut loss making routes which led to the demise of the business. My job is to ensure Claribels does not operate to a loss, not to make friends.

monkeyjoe

Fair play and good always been a supporter of yours investing in east Brum, when nxbus doesnt

Quote from: monkeyjoe on January 25, 2019, 07:03:37 PM
Fair play and good always been a supporter of yours investing in east Brum, when nxbus doesnt
NX have invested in and put some new buses in East Birmingham. Coventry Road, X12 and X70 Bromford Express and Outer Circle are using 2 - 3 year old buses.
On the other hand I can't think of what new buses Claribels have put into East Birmingham in the last 5 years.
Only change is them pulling from East B'ham routes to go on tendered routes in North B'ham.

The 57 plate Pulsar I went on the other day (Wednesday) on the 94, was noisy, rattling and the vibrations and noise it was making felt to much, a contast to an E400 MMC.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: 2206 on January 25, 2019, 07:25:26 PM
NX have invested in and put some new buses in East Birmingham. Coventry Road, X12 and X70 Bromford Express and Outer Circle are using 2 - 3 year old buses.
On the other hand I can't think of what new buses Claribels have put into East Birmingham in the last 5 years.
Only change is them pulling from East B'ham routes to go on tendered routes in North B'ham.

The 57 plate Pulsar I went on the other day on the 94, was noisy, rattling and the vibrations and noise it was making felt to much, a contast to an E400 MMC.

I don't need that spelling out, I am perfectly aware of what investment there has been however in relation to other areas it's ;)(*

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on January 25, 2019, 07:25:26 PM
The 57 plate Pulsar I went on the other day on the 94, was noisy, rattling and the vibrations and noise it was making felt to much, a contast to an E400 MMC.
What do you expect from a bus that's turning 12 years old later this year?
Also it's been a while since I last saw YJ57 BOF out on any service, it is even common to see it around now?

Steveminor

Bof doesn't really see much use any more, it's been put forward as third spare at the moment whilst the rest of the fleet goes for Euro 6 upgrade but after that is complete I think it will be very rare to see her put & about. To be fair though most of the rattles come from the bandit screen area & the cash vault rather than any panels

Jack

MX61 BAV - S16
Never seen an SWB on here before.

monkeyjoe

So is the 97 a getting decent loads yet?

Trident 4194

57 plate pulsar on 94

Jack D

Claribels are coming back on 55 according to 3 drivers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk