News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Claribels

Started by monkeyjoe, May 02, 2012, 02:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveminor

All 3 Versas are idintical

Quote from: Steveminor on September 18, 2018, 08:07:15 PM
Thanks for the info @Steveminor.
Quote from: Dom on September 18, 2018, 08:03:27 PM
Not on about HJE though are we?
I was just wandering if there was any difference between the 2.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Dom

Quote from: Steveminor on September 18, 2018, 08:07:15 PM

So is it just incompetence from your drivers to not use the ramp?

A PCV holder has identified that there is no ramp on said vehicle. Why would he make this up?

Steveminor

All i will say is with the knowledge that these forums are monitored by different authorities, people use them for their own agendas. It has been confirmed  by a member of this forum that HJE has been observed with a manual ramp & I have confirmed that all the optares are identical. In fact before our first wheelchair accessible coach was purchased the optare were used for private hires that required wheelchair access. Do you really think that with the value of contracts that Claribels & Birmingham International Coaches has we would be stupid enough than to put a non DDA bus on stage carriage service.

I thought not!!!

metrocity

Quote from: Dom on September 18, 2018, 08:09:15 PM
So is it just incompetence from your drivers to not use the ramp?

A PCV holder has identified that there is no ramp on said vehicle. Why would he make this up?
And you wonder why certain operators take a dim view towards bus enthusiasts? Your views are based on third party observations and could well be completely unfounded

Dom

Quote from: metrocity on September 18, 2018, 10:02:23 PM
And you wonder why certain operators take a dim view towards bus enthusiasts? Your views are based on third party observations and could well be completely unfounded

Not in the slightest. I am simply asking about this claim.

V89MOA

Quote from: Dom on September 18, 2018, 10:18:02 PM
So when you said "that's disgusting by Claribels" that was just asking?  :o

Really?
Doesn't look like you were just asking here.
Quote from: Dom on September 18, 2018, 04:24:59 PM
That's disgusting by Claribels. I wonder what TfWM or rven the Traffic Commissioner would think of that.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4194

Quote from: 2206 on September 18, 2018, 10:27:03 PM
Really?
Doesn't look like you were just asking here.

Yh I think you owe Steve an apology really

MW

I only asked on here because I thought maybe you can use buses without a ramp when there's no alternative, but wasn't sure.

I was stood outside William Hill in Solihull Town Centre. The bus was on the S16 and the driver was stood on the pavement reversing the wheelchair out. I looked at the bus and saw no ramp.

You're saying that it's got a ramp. Is it a typical manual folding one? I walked up to the bus and couldn't see a ramp fitted, and I couldn't see an electric style one either underneath the doors.

metrocity

Empty vessels make the most noise I guess...

Quote from: MW on September 18, 2018, 10:35:57 PM
I only asked on here because I thought maybe you can use buses without a ramp when there's no alternative, but wasn't sure.

I was stood outside William Hill in Solihull Town Centre. The bus was on the S16 and the driver was stood on the pavement reversing the wheelchair out. I looked at the bus and saw no ramp.

You're saying that it's got a ramp. Is it a typical manual folding one? I walked up to the bus and couldn't see a ramp fitted, and I couldn't see an electric style one either underneath the doors.
HJE has a manual fold up ramp with a metal flap for lifting up the ramp.
@Steveminor has said they're all identical, so HJD will be the same.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MW

Quote from: 2206 on September 18, 2018, 10:44:52 PM
HJE has a manual fold up ramp with a metal flap for lifting up the ramp.
@Steveminor has said they're all identical, so HJD will be the same.

So this driver was assisting a wheelchair passenger coming off the bus, bearing in mind the kerbs in Solihull Town Centre aren't "Kassel-Kerbs" so a fair drop even with the floor lowered.

I'm gonna check one of these Optares out the next time I see one in Solihull as I'm certain HJD had no ramp.

Steveminor

Since this route has many regulars I believe I know the passengers you are referring to, they prefer the personal touch of driver assistance as they are untrustworthy of ramps after a prior experience with one on another operators service.
A simple PM to me with a query could have answered this without the need to throw wild accusations & make yourself look foolish to others on the group.

MW

Quote from: Steveminor on September 19, 2018, 08:34:28 AM
Since this route has many regulars I believe I know the passengers you are referring to, they prefer the personal touch of driver assistance as they are untrustworthy of ramps after a prior experience with one on another operators service.
A simple PM to me with a query could have answered this without the need to throw wild accusations & make yourself look foolish to others on the group.

The passenger prefers the wheelchair being manually guided off the bus with no ramp? I wasn't saying much before, but since you're getting personal now I'll say it. You're full of shit pal. There was no ramp. The driver was struggling. You can fool all these lot on the forum but I've seen it with my own eyes. Maybe this alleged ramp was defected at the time, maybe it was temporarily removed for whatever reason, but the fact is that bus did not have a ramp at that particular time. One of the back wheels (for the wheelchair) was off the platform and the other three wheels were still on. The gentleman was still in the wheelchair and the driver couldn't manage as he struggled to balance the wheelchair. Yeah, those passengers like the personal touch do they? Stop waffling.

How long has it taken you to respond to this? I originally posted on 5th September, and I know you keep an eye on this thread like a hawk. Calculated response from you, only because other members have engaged in what I've said?

I'm not interested in what you've got to say about it. What I saw was what I saw. You don't have to accept it publically on this forum but you and I know it's true.

I didn't mean to bad mouth the company, I was genuinely asking but with your bullshit response, well I have to give it back now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk