News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

VIP

Started by danny, April 30, 2012, 01:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lukeee

Good to see Diamond back on the 424, looks as though Long Acre will have a but of work with the 424 and the 650. Also did VIP Operate the Sunday 71 commercially, or will Diamond run that along with the evenings.

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Lukeee on November 04, 2013, 09:26:54 PM
Good to see Diamond back on the 424, looks as though Long Acre will have a but of work with the 424 and the 650. Also did VIP Operate the Sunday 71 commercially, or will Diamond run that along with the evenings.

They did operate the 71 commercially, but cancelled it in August? and won the emergency tender for it.

PM

Really glad diamond have won the tenders. Hopefully its the start of the end for VIP

Nathan4775

So what will happen to the drivers/buses at VIP
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

vinh1000

Hey all :-)

Seen a VIP out of depot today and in city and they got a new route on the blinds

3 - Acocks Green via Yardley Wood Road
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Stu

Quote from: vinh1000 on November 05, 2013, 08:28:22 AM
Hey all :-)

Seen a VIP out of depot today and in city and they got a new route on the blinds

3 - Acocks Green via Yardley Wood Road

They did used to operate some early morning 3 journeys, but I think they were only as far as Yardley Wood.

If they're starting commercially on this route, seems a strange choice.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

trident4370

I lived in Yardley Wood when they were "operating" the early journeys and I never saw a single VIP bus!

Matt.N0056

Quote from: trident4370 on November 05, 2013, 08:33:26 PM
I lived in Yardley Wood when they were "operating" the early journeys and I never saw a single VIP bus!

Didn't NXWM register them commercially or something as I remember VIP winning the tender but also 'loosing' it before they were meant to start?

trident4370

Quote from: neale95 on November 05, 2013, 09:18:40 PM

Didn't NXWM register them commercially or something as I remember VIP winning the tender but also 'loosing' it before they were meant to start?

I don't really remember exactly what happened tbh but I know a VIP bus never worked the route! It could be that because they won so many contracts they didn't have enough buses to take on all the work so refused the 2/3 although your theory sounds much more probable!

Matt.N0056

Quote from: trident4370 on November 05, 2013, 09:22:45 PM
Quote from: neale95 on November 05, 2013, 09:18:40 PM

I don't really remember exactly what happened tbh but I know a VIP bus never worked the route! It could be that because they won so many contracts they didn't have enough buses to take on all the work so refused the 2/3 although your theory sounds much more probable!

Just done a search on VOSA, the 2/3 were cancelled on the 22nd April, the date I believe they were meant to start. The outcome of tenders on CENTRO website says NXWM won the tender, although I do remember VIP winning it at first, so I don't know exact what happened there. Just read the outcome of tenders again and it appears it was a commercial registration by NXWM

trident4370

All I can say is, let's be thankful they never operated it! :P

Gareth

Is this a record? On the 72 tonight. Depart City Centre exactly 22.52. Arrive at Saltley Gate just before 22.56. Just over 3 1/2 mins!

Kevin

So I'm confused... Is the 99 a tendered route of an evening? Cause I saw a vip bus at half 9 last night going through the uni
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Kevin_Brum12

Quote from: Kevin on November 08, 2013, 06:44:08 AM
So I'm confused... Is the 99 a tendered route of an evening? Cause I saw a vip bus at half 9 last night going through the uni

It is tendered on an evening (from memory the journeys operating after 19:30) and all day on Sundays.  Centro have just officially confirmed on BBC WM that VIP's tenders have been revoked, their last journeys will be on Saturday evening and new operators will be in place with effect from Sunday 10th November.

Kevin

Quote from: Kevin_Brum12 on November 08, 2013, 11:15:56 AM
Quote from: Kevin on November 08, 2013, 06:44:08 AM

It is tendered on an evening (from memory the journeys operating after 19:30) and all day on Sundays.  Centro have just officially confirmed on BBC WM that VIP's tenders have been revoked, their last journeys will be on Saturday evening and new operators will be in place with effect from Sunday 10th November.

Ah ok, thought they had already stopped running
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk