News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

VIP

Started by danny, April 30, 2012, 01:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: trident4370 on October 29, 2013, 06:37:05 PM
Fingers Crossed CB get the 650 back. I for one won't be sad to see the back of VIP....

I would think Central Buses would do the 650 again. I could also see Diamond returning to the 424.

I am wondering who will pick up the 99, maybe NXWM might want to operate the VIP Sunday journeys

Nathan4775

Quote from: John on October 29, 2013, 06:40:33 PM
Fingers Crossed CB get the 650 back. I for one won't be sad to see the back of VIP....

I would think Central Buses would do the 650 again. I could also see Diamond returning to the 424.

I am wondering who will pick up the 99, maybe NXWM might want to operate the VIP Sunday journeys

I would have thought WMSNT would have ran the 424 dont know why
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

PM

No neither am I-central buses/diamond put them to shame. Hopefully diamond on the 99 and 424 but would be great to see central back on the 650 which has been run badly by VIP in my opinion at least

trident4370

Quote from: DiamondDart on October 29, 2013, 07:24:31 PM

No neither am I-central buses/diamond put them to shame. Hopefully diamond on the 99 and 424 but would be great to see central back on the 650 which has been run badly by VIP in my opinion at least

I agree they do put them to shame. I remember when CB stepped in a few weeks back on the 650, I had a ride on one of the journies and heard nothing but stories about VIPs buses breaking down and Drivers not running to the correct route.

PM

Quote from: trident4370 on October 29, 2013, 07:29:19 PM

I agree they do put them to shame. I remember when CB stepped in a few weeks back on the 650, I had a ride on one of the journies and heard nothing but stories about VIPs buses breaking down and Drivers not running to the correct route.

Yeah and when I was in town at the end of august, on the 424 there was a diamond 16 at the stop so instead of waiting like anyone else would do, the VIP driver zoomed straight past so result, those who wanted the 424 didnt get it! They just don't seem a professional company....

Stuharris 6360

Maybe as National Express run the 99 during the day, they will take over the emergency contract in the evenings/Sunday.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

trident4370

Quote from: DiamondDart on October 29, 2013, 07:32:51 PM

Yeah and when I was in town at the end of august, on the 424 there was a diamond 16 at the stop so instead of waiting like anyone else would do, the VIP driver zoomed straight past so result, those who wanted the 424 didnt get it! They just don't seem a professional company....

I can also believe that as I have seen it happen!

PM

Quote from: trident4370 on October 29, 2013, 07:37:02 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on October 29, 2013, 07:32:51 PM

I can also believe that as I have seen it happen!

Clearly just a one off then. I think if the 424 was well run then it could be a lot more successful than it currently is. When diamond ran it and even Zak's before that it seemed well used but under VIP it seems a lot less busy

trident4370

It isn't just the 424 that appear to have lost business, I can't say anything without seeing proper figures but obviously from loadings going past, the 650 seems lacking in custom too. People obviously value their safety more than getting about ;)

PM

Quote from: trident4370 on October 29, 2013, 07:43:31 PM
It isn't just the 424 that appear to have lost business, I can't say anything without seeing proper figures but obviously from loadings going past, the 650 seems lacking in custom too. People obviously value their safety more than getting about ;)

Yeah, maybe that could be the issue. They bid very low for contracts to win them, then with prices rising and passenger numbers falling due to poor performance, they have ended up with a situation where I imagine there was a cash flow problem, meaning vehicle defects. This is only what I am guessing-can't be sure but it seems what is most likely to have happened

trident4370

I don't know I mean they seem to have found cash for the Tridents and the ex Yardley darts, personally I think there are things going on behind the scenes they would rather people didn't know about.

Stuharris 6360

You would hope that when bids come in for contracts, that Centro look at them seriously and don't just go for the company that has bid the lowest.

After all, it may not be the lowest bid that offers the best value for money, as we have recently seen, how much money did Centro have to pay other operators to operate services a few weeks ago whilst VIP vehicles were off the road. Also, did they recover that money from VIP?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

PM

Quote from: trident4370 on October 29, 2013, 07:49:43 PM
I don't know I mean they seem to have found cash for the Tridents and the ex Yardley darts, personally I think there are things going on behind the scenes they would rather people didn't know about.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there. Dodgy dealings...

Westy

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on October 29, 2013, 07:52:32 PM
You would hope that when bids come in for contracts, that Centro look at them seriously and don't just go for the company that has bid the lowest.

After all, it may not be the lowest bid that offers the best value for money, as we have recently seen, how much money did Centro have to pay other operators to operate services a few weeks ago whilst VIP vehicles were off the road. Also, did they recover that money from VIP?

Let's face it, apart from NX, Arriva & Diamond, could you look at a company & think these ain't gonna last the course.

I dunno what anyone thinks but apart from NX, which company do you personally think 'Oh they will do a reasonable job!'?

Most of these companies that get the contracts,  I've never heard of.

Everyone has heard of NX, Arriva etc, but unless you live in the area,  who the hell has heard of the likes of Joes Travel,  Hanson,  Claribel etc?

I'd rather have a reputable known company than a Johnny Come Lately.

(Not suggesting any company I've mentioned are dodgy, just using examples! )

Maybe Centro ought to put 'new' companies on probation for contracts,  but how would you police the commercial journeys?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Westy on October 29, 2013, 08:14:24 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on October 29, 2013, 07:52:32 PM

Let's face it, apart from NX, Arriva & Diamond, could you look at a company & think these ain't gonna last the course.

I dunno what anyone thinks but apart from NX, which company do you personally think 'Oh they will do a reasonable job!'?

Most of these companies that get the contracts,  I've never heard of.

Everyone has heard of NX, Arriva etc, but unless you live in the area,  who the hell has heard of the likes of Joes Travel,  Hanson,  Claribel etc?

I'd rather have a reputable known company than a Johnny Come Lately.

(Not suggesting any company I've mentioned are dodgy, just using examples! )

Maybe Centro ought to put 'new' companies on probation for contracts,  .but how would you police the commercial journeys?

I would hope that if Centro are spending tax payers money on tendered bus journeys, then someone is going out (mystery shopper perhaps) to ensure that journeys are being run correctly, on time, with a road worthy bus.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk