News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

VIP

Started by danny, April 30, 2012, 01:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Didn't AmPm have something to do with A2Z  or was I imaging it?

Tony

I have just checked what the DVLA have recorded for the two Trident.

T804 RFG has been legally reregistered to PAN 58R
T816 RFG has been legally reregistered to JAZ 5976

So if my photo of JAZ 5976 is actually T804 RFG which it appears to be, then yes it is another illegal reg swop.

Tony

makkacdt

Quote from: Steveminor on October 09, 2013, 07:32:53 AM
Makka what you will probably find is that VIP hadn't got enough coaches themselves to fullfill your booking so they sub contracted Thandi to do the work.
What a lot of you guys probably don't know is that Mel Kang donated the ex AMPM buses to VIP free of charge "what a nice guy he is" & regularly goes there to "help" out around the office. I guess he has too much spare time since he is banned from holding an I licence & his plan to gain one by proxy in bham travel failed.

As far as im aware its all the same, vip advertise this midland bus and coach on some of the buses, you speak to the same person even when being put through to thandi, the websites were identical just with differnt names, all a bit fishy to me, one of the reasons why we cancelled.
Wouldnt mind a 10 min bus service....

PM

Glad action is being taken here to get this company either in order or hopefully off the road altogether. Its quite insulting theyre even being allowed to keep running-let tendered routes be run by proper operators, not this lot.

Kevin_Brum12

Sunrise Friday and Centro has had four whole working days to rip up VIPs tenders, start a retendering exercise and get other operators in.  Yet the pantomime runs into the weekend.

Will be interesting to see what happens on the 99 this Sunday.

What exactly does a rogue operator have to do to lose a Centro tender?   

Some serious questions have to be asked about the competence of Centro.

Tony

Quote from: Kevin_Brum12 on October 11, 2013, 06:44:25 AM
Sunrise Friday and Centro has had four whole working days to rip up VIPs tenders, start a retendering exercise and get other operators in.  Yet the pantomime runs into the weekend.

W228DNO was on the 650 yesterday with the doors permanently open and still with the broken window

bususer12

Centro seem to be poor in most departments, route choices ie 22,24 , putting spin on statistics, like passenger numbers up on x route. Well, it would be if you lengthen a route???. I would have thought they check operators before awarding contracts. I'm no fan of wmsnt, but if you can provide a roadworthy bus at a competitive price, fair play.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Kevin_Brum12 on October 11, 2013, 06:44:25 AM

Toothless tigers come to mind

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

JoNi

A VIP 966 I was on in Chelmsley Wood was delayed......................
when driver stopped to put his trousers on (to cover his jogging bottoms) 

mikestone

I came across a link the other day for reporting errant operators to the traffic commissioners but I can't find it now.

Gareth

I had the misfortune of catching a VIP 72 last night. Can't remember which one, but was a Y reg dart. Every time the driver breaker suddenly the engine cut out the the lights went off.

In other news yesterday afternoon on Priory Queensway an 02 plate VIP was being towed away.

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Gareth on October 11, 2013, 01:05:14 PM
I had the misfortune of catching a VIP 72 last night. Can't remember which one, but was a Y reg dart. Every time the driver breaker suddenly the engine cut out the the lights went off.

Sounds like T51 KLD

Also T72 WWV out on the S1 today

John

Quote from: neale95 on October 13, 2013, 04:26:17 PM
Also T72 WWV out on the S1 today

That's a Yardley Travel bus. Have VIP brought it or Yardley Travel running the S1?

trident4370

I recall seeing a yardley dart on ebay not long after the 28 finished so I'd assume VIP have bought it.

winston

Quote from: Gareth on October 11, 2013, 01:05:14 PM

In other news yesterday afternoon on Priory Queensway an 02 plate VIP was being towed away.

Gareth, VIP don't have any Y-reg Darts

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk