News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

VIP

Started by danny, April 30, 2012, 01:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Tony on October 08, 2013, 10:39:12 AM
Quote from: Winston on October 08, 2013, 09:43:52 AM
Quote from: Steveminor on October 08, 2013, 09:22:29 AM
From what I have been told vosa paid them a visit & took 6 buses off the road, 5 for poor maintenance & 1 with an incorrect number plate.
I'd say the writing is on the wall, they'll most probably pull through short term but have their licence revoked shortly afterwards

Thanks Steve,

Swapping number plates is just doggy.... don't think even Thandi ever did that with all their various antics over the years....

Unless VIP manage to just loose one of their licenses and can keep half the company trading on the other

Definately did, as Steve says. Either that or they kept swopping the pods on the roof of their Leyland Nationals. It was amazing how often the 'same vehicle' whould have a long pod one day, short the next, and then back to a long on a couple of months later

Oh right.... that's a new one on me, thanks for that!

Stuharris 6360

424 Is nbeing operated by vip!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Steveminor

Don't know if you remember this tony but didn't they have 2 buses on the 17 one day with the same reg

broma1k

NXWM did the 72 last night with 2099 on the 22:00 from the Clock Garage.

vinh1000

Central Buses
We will be operating Service 650 between Birmingham and Kings Heath again tomorrow (free of charge). Normal service with the registered operator is expected to resume from Thursday.
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

JoNi

Real time at Birmingham International in bus lounge stated 14:09 VIP to Erdington was cancelled (never seen cancellation on RTI before). Any one else seen this.
A clapped out dart turned up two minutes ahead of NXWM 966!

Nathan4775

Seen it on train boards but never on a bus board :O
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

driver

VIP services were withdrawn by VOSA, the regulatory agency. We are liaising with VIP & other operators to maintain service levels.

on nwm twitter

Dylan4579

PD0001724/23 - VIP CONTRACTS LTD, WHARF STREET, HOCKLEY, BIRMINGHAM, B18 5HS
        Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Solihull Station and Erdington Sixways given service number 966 effective from 20-Oct-2013. To amend Route and Timetable.

Not gone yet

Kevin_Brum12

Surely it is time someone in authority at Centro called time on this pantomime, especially as VIP is being propped up by public money from taxpayers?   (I'm looking at you Geoff Inskip.)  There is enough evidence on these pages to suggest VIP has not been operating their tenders to an acceptable standard, either by not turning up or running buses held together with sticky back plastic and duct tape in a manner that would fail a Blue Peter audition.   This is not good enough, and operators who can run to an acceptable standard need to take over these contracts NOW.

trident4370

All I heard this morning on the 650 was passengers complaining about VIPs constant breakdowns and no shows and hoping Central Buses come back permanently!

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: trident4370 on October 08, 2013, 07:16:30 PM
All I heard this morning on the 650 was passengers complaining about VIPs constant breakdowns and no shows and hoping Central Buses come back permanently!

According to Twitter, Central Buses are opereating it again tomorrow, but the normal operator should be back on Thursday.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

trident4370

Tomorrow will make some passengers happy then! I have to agree really I've never liked VIP on the 650.

driver

just had an email from vips....

Hi

As far as I am aware all bus services were running
We will monitor the services to make sure they are punctual and reliable.
Thanks

Kam

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: driver on October 08, 2013, 07:24:27 PM
just had an email from vips....

Hi

As far as I am aware all bus services were running
We will monitor the services to make sure they are punctual and reliable.
Thanks

Kam

:o :o :o :o

You mean VIPS were unaware there own services were not running?

Say no more!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk