News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

VIP

Started by danny, April 30, 2012, 01:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

PD0001724/23 - VIP CONTRACTS LTD, WHARF STREET, HOCKLEY, BIRMINGHAM, B18 5HS
        Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Solihull Station and Erdington Sixways given service number 966 effective from 20-Jun-2014.

Going before they are pushed?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

the trainbasher

Looking at Route One I think the T reg dart is up for sale.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

andy

Quote from: the trainbasher on May 02, 2014, 12:50:32 AM

The question is, if you bought it, which one would they send you?!

PM

Quote from: andy on May 02, 2014, 11:17:33 AM
Quote from: the trainbasher on May 02, 2014, 12:50:32 AM

The question is, if you bought it, which one would they send you?!

Lol you could get a good deal-you pay for a T reg dart and then when it arrives it's an 05 plate. Or could be an 02 plate depending on which is actually taxed!!

On a sserious note does anyone know what has happened to the rest of the fleet?

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: DiamondDart on May 02, 2014, 11:23:26 AM

Impounded, investigated, & subsequently scrapped. I hope.....

PM

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on May 02, 2014, 11:46:29 AM
Quote from: DiamondDart on May 02, 2014, 11:23:26 AM

Impounded, investigated, & subsequently scrapped. I hope.....

I do wonder. Being investigated is likely but the 02/5 reg darts aren't old and tho they didn't look well looked after they would surely be too valuable to scrap.

I know the Centro contracts finished last October/November but anyone know when they ran the last of their commercial services?

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: DiamondDart on May 02, 2014, 12:05:23 PM
I do wonder. Being investigated is likely but the 02/5 reg darts aren't old and tho they didn't look well looked after they would surely be too valuable to scrap.

I know the Centro contracts finished last October/November but anyone know when they ran the last of their commercial services?

If I was an operator & they had legitimate '14' platers on offer, I still wouldn't touch them with a bargepole. Tainted. I've seen far too much of their dubious operations - & to be honest I've not really paid that much attention to them (albeit I was always wary since they fielded a Dart that had been written off by my employers), so that the amount of potential shenanigans that may have taken place could be staggering. Put it simply, I never set foot on one of their fleet, so would never want to buy anything from them.

One of their Darts (purportedly the 'T' plate - & too be fair, a cursory glance gave no immediate evidence to the contrary) was on the 966 last Saturday.

PM

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on May 02, 2014, 12:17:31 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on May 02, 2014, 12:05:23 PM

If I was an operator & they had legitimate '14' platers on offer, I still wouldn't touch them with a bargepole. Tainted. I've seen far too much of their dubious operations - & to be honest I've not really paid that much attention to them (albeit I was always wary since they fielded a Dart that had been written off by my employers), so that the amount of potential shenanigans that may have taken place could be staggering. Put it simply, I never set foot on one of their fleet, so would never want to buy anything from them.

One of their Darts (purportedly the 'T' plate - & too be fair, a cursory glance gave no immediate evidence to the contrary) was on the 966 last Saturday.

I never set foot on them either...!! Which dart was that? The ex diamond DNO dart as that always looked knackered...

Thanks for the info and the 966 is soon to be cancelled. I imagine the 101 was also cancelled a while back?

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: DiamondDart on May 02, 2014, 12:22:25 PM
I never set foot on them either...!! Which dart was that? The ex diamond DNO dart as that always looked knackered...

Thanks for the info and the 966 is soon to be cancelled. I imagine the 101 was also cancelled a while back?

Yeah, W209 off the top of my head. Was still floating around with internal 'Central Connect' advertising the last time I saw it. Back then, I'd thought it strange that I'd not seen it on the road as part of my duties, then it appeared on the internal fleetlist as 'written off due to (accident) damage' - or similar words to that effect. So I was intrigued when it passed me not long after with its new owner. Strangely in this instance it is/was what it was supposed to be (due to the advert), not a different bus passing itself off as a W-DNO....

No idea offhand about the 101 sorry.

PM

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on May 02, 2014, 12:52:48 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on May 02, 2014, 12:22:25 PM

Yeah, W209 off the top of my head. Was still floating around with internal 'Central Connect' advertising the last time I saw it. Back then, I'd thought it strange that I'd not seen it on the road as part of my duties, then it appeared on the internal fleetlist as 'written off due to (accident) damage' - or similar words to that effect. So I was intrigued when it passed me not long after with its new owner. Strangely in this instance it is/was what it was supposed to be (due to the advert), not a different bus passing itself off as a W-DNO....

No idea offhand about the 101 sorry.

Assumed it was that one... Always looked knackrred as did most of the fleet. BU05 darts sounded knackered and often had bare metal panels.

No worries re the 101.

vinh1000

Use them on a regular basis (generally its the T reg or P101 dart on 966 with the same drivers)

Darts in right state and obv they dont stick to timetable
Find they usually run ahead of NX by 3-4 mins in fron
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Lukeee

Quote from: vinh1000 on May 02, 2014, 02:03:58 PM
Use them on a regular basis (generally its the T reg or P101 dart on 966 with the same drivers)

Caught the T reg dart in Tesco petrol station at Ladywood about approx 19:50 making sure it clipped the curb at least twice on the way out with the doors open looking rather battered

PM

Quote from: Lukeee on May 02, 2014, 11:32:56 PM
Quote from: vinh1000 on May 02, 2014, 02:03:58 PM

Caught the T reg dart in Tesco petrol station at Ladywood about approx 19:50 making sure it clipped the curb at least twice on the way out with the doors open looking rather battered

I imagine with cancellations appearing and the operation's days numbered, the care put into the operation has been (even further) reduced from its already low base.

Thanks for the update

PM

To answer my own question, here are ex VIP LG02FF. MPD's at Stafford Bus Centre.

Edit: the top listing as the link just takes you to their main list of vehicles for sale.

http://www.staffordbuscentre.com/Buses-For-Sale.html

Solo1

I wonder what's darts are still with VIP
for now

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk