News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

VIP

Started by danny, April 30, 2012, 01:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Quote from: trident4370 on May 12, 2014, 07:42:48 PM
Quote from: JoNi on May 12, 2014, 07:27:23 PM
They stated they will never go back into bus operation.
Traffic Commissioner suggested they go into another business e.g. "Double Glazing"
If the repairs on that trident and dart were anything to go by, perhaps best to avoid anything with windows!

Lol possibly vehicle registration plate production could be a possible other business :P

trident4370

Quote from: DiamondDart on May 12, 2014, 07:46:18 PM
Quote from: trident4370 on May 12, 2014, 07:42:48 PM
Quote from: JoNi on May 12, 2014, 07:27:23 PM
They stated they will never go back into bus operation.
Traffic Commissioner suggested they go into another business e.g. "Double Glazing"
If the repairs on that trident and dart were anything to go by, perhaps best to avoid anything with windows!

Lol possibly vehicle registration plate production could be a possible other business :P

Sounds like a winner plan to me :P

the trainbasher

PD1027493 SI
(2201)

SARBJIT SINGH RAJU T/A VIP CONTRACTS
WHARF ST, HOCKLEY , BIRMINGHAM B18 5HS
Registered Bus Services running under this licence have also been revoked with immediate effect.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

the trainbasher

Public Inquiry (48279) held at The Public Inquiry Room, 38 George Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1PL on 12 May 2014 at 10:30(Previous Publication:(2201)
)PD1027493          SI

Sarbjit Singh Raju t/a VIP Contracts PD1027493
The operator no longer satisfies the requirement under Section 17 (1) (a) and S 14ZA (2) (b) of the PPV 1981 Act to be of good repute.

The operator no longer satisfies the requirement under Section 17 (1) (a) and S 14ZA (2) (d) of the Act to be professionally competent.

I am satisfied as to financial standing.

Adverse findings made under Sections 17 (3) (a); 17 (3) (aa); and 17 (3) (c) of the Act.

The operator's licence is revoked forthwith.

Transport Managers
Transport manager Sarbjit Singh Raju no longer possesses the necessary professional competence or good repute as a transport manager. He is disqualified from holding or applying for a transport manager position unless and until he passes fresh transport manager examinations.

Transport Manager Dennis Rolls retains his good repute and professional competence. However for the avoidance of doubt this is only because he has confirmed that he no longer holds such a position and does not seek to return to the industry. I accept that he is a man of integrity and the failings were ones of naivety.

Public Inquiry (48510) held at The Public Inquiry Room, 38 George Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1PL on 12 May 2014 at 10:30(Previous Publication:(2201)
)PD0001724          SI
VIP CONTRACTS LTD
Director(s): Usha Raju, SARBJIT SINGH RAJU .
WHARF STREET, HOCKLEY , BIRMINGHAM B18 5HS

The operator has under 26 (1) (a) of the 1985 Transport Act failed to operate a local service.

Under 26 (1) (c ) of the 1985 Transport Act arrangements for maintaining vehicles under the licence for registered services are not adequate.

A financial penalty is imposed under Section 155 of the Transport Act 2000.  £550 is imposed for each of the 16 discs authorised. The operator is to pay £8,800 to the Secretary of State within 56 days.

An order is made that any existing registered service cease on 1st June 2014.

An order is made prohibiting the operator from registering any local service for 5 years.

The operator no longer satisfies the requirement under Section 17 (1) (a) and S 14ZA (2) (b) of the PPV 1981 Act to be of good repute.

The operator no longer satisfies the requirement under Section 17 (1) (a) and S 14ZA (2) (d) of the Act to be professionally competent.

I am satisfied as to financial standing.

Adverse findings made under Sections 17 (3) (a); 17 (3) (aa); 17 (3) (b) and 17 (3) (c) of the Act.

The EU regulations that came into law in December 2011 reverse the Bryan Haulage question and after loss of repute / professional competence, I consider proportionality. It is proportional in this case that I allow the limited company licence to continue. I suspend the operator's licence for a period of at least 3 months from 1st June 2014; accordingly the licence will be suspended for June, July and August 2014. The suspension will be for a longer period if there isn't a transport manager appointed who I am satisfied is suitable.

In this case I will personally see any prospective transport manager and expect that he or she will have a contract to work at least 20 hours and be paid  at least £15,000 per annum for 20 hours work (or more pro rata). I accept that the hours are more than the starting point in the STC's statutory guidance, however this operator needs a high level competent transport manager.

On the licence resuming after the period of suspension it's authorisation will be 4 vehicles.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

the trainbasher

TM Public Inquiry (EpisodeId:2545 DecisionId:1713) for DENNIS ROLLS held at The PI Room (Birmingham) 38 George Road Edgbaston Birmingham B15 1PL, on 12 May 2014 at 10:30 (Previous Publication:(6093))
Repute Not Lost under Article 6 of Regulation (EC) No 1071/2009

TM Public Inquiry (EpisodeId:2548 DecisionId:1712) for SARBJIT SINGH RAJU held at The PI Room (Birmingham) 38 George Road Edgbaston Birmingham B15 1PL, on 12 May 2014 at 10:30 (Previous Publication:(6093))
Declared Unfit under Article 6 of Regulation (EC) No 1071/2009

Liverpool Street

Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Matt.N0056

Quote from: the trainbasher on May 30, 2014, 12:21:40 AM
PD1027493 SI
(2201)

Registered Bus Services running under this licence have also been revoked with immediate effect.

Does this mean they're not meant to be running service at all now?

Steveminor

I think you'll find the local services were run using the Vip contracts Ltd licence. These services (well the one remain service) are cancelled from 1st june  After that date they cannot register local service for 5 years.
I would think it highly unlikely they will be back on the road at all .

JoNi

At the PI it was confirmed the 966 would stop running on 31st May despite the cancellation of the registration being later in June.

the trainbasher

I bet the mess room at Acocks Green depot are getting the party poppers ready to see off this brilliant operator ;-)

Tony

One of VIPs coaches, 601MMA has been involved in quite a serious RTC this morning on Ladywood Middleway It appears to have mounted the pavement and demolished quite a bit of street furniture, doesn't appear to be another vehicle involved

Tony

Quote from: Tony on June 27, 2014, 10:37:19 AM
One of VIPs coaches, 601MMA has been involved in quite a serious RTC this morning on Ladywood Middleway It appears to have mounted the pavement and demolished quite a bit of street furniture, doesn't appear to be another vehicle involved

I have been sent a few photographs of the devastation caused by this coach. Driver told passers by his brakes had failed

Tony

Three more photos
First one is more damage, 2nd is damage to the front of the coach, 3rd shows how one of the railing he hit came through the bodywork of the coach and Straight into the couriers seat. Good job no-one was sat there

PM

Thanks for posting the photos Tony!

Good job no one was sat either in the courier seat or stood on the pavement and mown down.

Do they still have a few coaches on private hires etc then?

Tony

Quote from: DiamondDart on June 30, 2014, 06:36:32 PM
Thanks for posting the photos Tony!

Good job no one was sat either in the courier seat or stood on the pavement and mown down.

Do they still have a few coaches on private hires etc then?

Yes, those traffic lights lying horizontal instead of the usual vertical belong to a pedestrain Crossing, so good job no-one was waiting to cross there. I think VOSA restricted him to 5 vehicles

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk