News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Yardley Wood Garage

Started by Jay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Stait

Are all of 4718-4732 at YW now? My records show 12 of the 15 have moved but I suspect I'm a bit out of date!
John

John

Quote from: John Stait on December 31, 2013, 01:54:38 PM
Are all of 4718-4732 at YW now? My records show 12 of the 15 have moved but I suspect I'm a bit out of date!
John

I do believe they have all transferred over now as all of the New Enviro400s are in service at Perry Barr.

I have not seen any still old Enviro400s at Perry Barr for at least a week now

nitromatt1

Quote from: John on December 31, 2013, 02:26:26 PM
Quote from: John Stait on December 31, 2013, 01:54:38 PM
John

I do believe they have all transferred over now as all of the New Enviro400s are in service at Perry Barr.

I have not seen any still old Enviro400s at Perry Barr for at least a week now

Except 4698 - that is staying, isn't it?

John

Quote from: Matt on December 31, 2013, 02:28:55 PM
Except 4698 - that is staying, isn't it?

I think it is yes Matt

John Stait

I wonder what the chances are of YW obtaining 9 additional Scania Omnilinks to replace the B10Ls on the 27? I assume that would be the plan so as to standardise vehicle types, unless it's planned to convert the 6 back to double decks at some point?

John

Stu

Having witnessed some of the recent loadings on evening 6 journeys out of city, this route could well benefit from double-decker operation, but unfortunately you have to weigh up the costs of additional anti-social behaviour that results from having double decks.

Depending on what new vehicles are purchased in 2014, there could be further rotation of the fleet; as it is unlikely that any more Scania Omnilinks will be purchased, and as at present only Acocks Green, Perry Barr, Walsall and Yardley Wood operate them, is it not possible that they could be consolidated at three garages instead of four?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Sh4318

Quote from: Stu on December 31, 2013, 07:59:19 PM
Having witnessed some of the recent loadings on evening 6 journeys out of city, this route could well benefit from double-decker operation, but unfortunately you have to weigh up the costs of additional anti-social behaviour that results from having double decks.

Depending on what new vehicles are purchased in 2014, there could be further rotation of the fleet; as it is unlikely that any more Scania Omnilinks will be purchased, and as at present only Acocks Green, Perry Barr, Walsall and Yardley Wood operate them, is it not possible that they could be consolidated at three garages instead of four?

And Bordesley Green ;)
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Stu

Quote from: Sh4318 on December 31, 2013, 08:18:46 PM
Quote from: Stu on December 31, 2013, 07:59:19 PM

And Bordesley Green ;)

Thanks, there's always one I forget!  :-[ But I let myself off as that's the only type operated there anyway.  ;)
My locals:

Liberator9

I think the 6 would too benefit from double deckers but no doubt anti social behaviour will go up. I'd like (probably one of the few to ever say this) some more Scanias in the fleet. They look stylish, from what I've seen and heard reliable and the interiors are fine although they're a little dark in appearance. They're my favourite single deckers now in the fleet apart from the 56 reg Wright Eclipses.

winston

Quote from: Liberator9 on January 10, 2014, 04:22:44 PM
I think the 6 would too benefit from double deckers but no doubt anti social behaviour will go up. I'd like (probably one of the few to ever say this) some more Scanias in the fleet. They look stylish, from what I've seen and heard reliable and the interiors are fine although they're a little dark in appearance. They're my favourite single deckers now in the fleet apart from the 56 reg Wright Eclipses.

The back row of seats are pretty high on the Omnilinks with reduced headroom

Liberator9

Yeah, that's the downside of them. I've already banged my head near the back on them getting up to get off the bus; that's why I prefer the older 56 reg Wrights.

Stu

Quote from: Liberator9 on January 10, 2014, 04:22:44 PM

Have to agree, I quite like the Scanias now, but I do avoid sitting near the rear.

However I feel it is unlikely that NX will be buying any more Scania buses. If WA or PB were to receive any new single decks, it could free up some Scanias to transfer to YW to replace the remaining few B10Ls there.
My locals:

trident4370

I easily prefer the Scanias over the new volvo lumps, only downside to both is a lack of legroom which if your legs are aslong as mine makes for a crap ride unless your by the emergency exit! I do miss the 56 reg b7rle though I have to say! As for the 6 I think it should just stay as it is, yes some journeys are cramped but the overall improvement to the journey is worth it.

Stu

Quote from: trident4370 on January 10, 2014, 06:23:01 PM
As for the 6 I think it should just stay as it is, yes some journeys are cramped but the overall improvement to the journey is worth it.

At peak times, there does seem to be more Tridents on the 6 lately. Which shows good effective planning and foresight; the route doesn't need double decks all day, but at least they're being used at times when they're most needed. And same goes for the 37 too, which for some time has seen Geminis put out on the peak-time extra workings to ease capacity.

My locals:

trident4370

Quote from: Stu on January 10, 2014, 07:39:10 PM
Quote from: trident4370 on January 10, 2014, 06:23:01 PM
As for the 6 I think it should just stay as it is, yes some journeys are cramped but the overall improvement to the journey is worth it.

At peak times, there does seem to be more Tridents on the 6 lately. Which shows good effective planning and foresight; the route doesn't need double decks all day, but at least they're being used at times when they're most needed. And same goes for the 37 too, which for some time has seen Geminis put out on the peak-time extra workings to ease capacity.

Yes I have also noticed more deckers at peaks, goes to show people are keeping an eye on the situation.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk