News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus simulators

Started by Ash, May 17, 2013, 10:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Quote from: clayderman on January 07, 2015, 12:17:17 AM
Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 06, 2015, 07:53:21 PM
Original omsi : Man d92,d89-86, sd77-85
Omsi 2: the man bendibus and the above I think

The original omsi map is a bit boring.
I downloaded the moderner version of it, more routes to drive

Not forgetting in OMSI2 you have the MAN NL202. Single decker. The shorter bendybus, if you will.

And by ''moderner version" I assume you're on about Great Grundorf (2)

I have the new Berlin spandau which has range of different maps, also downloaded Sutton Coldfield, Canterbury basic and bowdenham, but these these don't work for me anyway

P419 EJW

Quote from: Matt on January 07, 2015, 05:14:22 PM
Apparently OMSI 2 can be very slow/laggy and crashes a lot, and there are a lot of bugs such as AI vehicles crashing into your bus when you park

That's why I think I'm going to buy the original OMSI

Good decision, @Matt. Hope you enjoy the game. :)

@Trident 4194, these maps (Sutton Coldfield, etc) are only for OMSI 1. It can be converted to OMSI 2 but I have no idea how.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Matt on January 07, 2015, 05:54:47 PM
Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 07, 2015, 05:39:41 PM
Quote from: clayderman on January 07, 2015, 12:17:17 AM
Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 06, 2015, 07:53:21 PM
Original omsi : Man d92,d89-86, sd77-85
Omsi 2: the man bendibus and the above I think

The original omsi map is a bit boring.
I downloaded the moderner version of it, more routes to drive

Not forgetting in OMSI2 you have the MAN NL202. Single decker. The shorter bendybus, if you will.

And by ''moderner version" I assume you're on about Great Grundorf (2)

I have the new Berlin spandau which has range of different maps, also downloaded Sutton Coldfield, Canterbury basic and bowdenham, but these these don't work for me anyway

Where did you get the Sutton Coldfield map from?

Online, Aussiex I only have omsi 1, Sutton Coldfield map looked really good

P419 EJW

Quote from: Matt on January 07, 2015, 06:14:29 PM
Quote from: P419 EJW on January 07, 2015, 06:12:58 PM

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/13845-omsi-maps-birmingham-sutton-coldfield/

Thanks! Had just found it.

I've just ordered OMSI. When it arrives, how do I install mods like this?

Once downloaded the required files, you need to have a program to unzip the downloaded files - use WinRAR. Then you need to copy and paste the folders in the OMSI directory where appropriate. Pretty much straightforward.

P419 EJW

Quote from: Matt on January 07, 2015, 06:21:24 PM
Quote from: P419 EJW on January 07, 2015, 06:19:56 PM
Quote from: Matt on January 07, 2015, 06:14:29 PM
Quote from: P419 EJW on January 07, 2015, 06:12:58 PM

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/13845-omsi-maps-birmingham-sutton-coldfield/

Thanks! Had just found it.

I've just ordered OMSI. When it arrives, how do I install mods like this?

Once downloaded the required files, you need to have a program to unzip the downloaded files - use WinRAR. Then you need to copy and paste the folders in the OMSI directory where appropriate. Pretty much straightforward.

Ah thanks, just like Midtown Madness 2 then

You're welcome. :)

Trident 4194

Looking at videos, is midtown madness really bad, as it looks terribly unrealistic, in comparison with omsi

Omsi does have its bugs, like cars going through you, and getting stuck in traffic for like 10 minutes

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 18, 2015, 01:56:52 PM
Looking at videos, is midtown madness really bad, as it looks terribly unrealistic, in comparison with omsi

Omsi does have its bugs, like cars going through you, and getting stuck in traffic for like 10 minutes

Midtown Madness 2 was released on September 22nd 2000. In its heyday it was the leader in racing games, with its easy modification abilities for after market addons and its 'cruise' mode. MM2 was never designed for people to drive according to the rules of the road. It was literally rough and ready racing game.

However.. With aftermarket addons and buses (such as the AD156 uglybob~ B7TL Gemini, TWM of course) and some graphic patches (such as the MM Classic mod) you could get some impressive renders even by today's standards. What let MM2 down was its core files inability to handle an immense number of polygons. Which is understandable as even the best graphic cards in 2000 are worse then the integrated crap you get in netbooks today. (In reason)

Omsi isn't comparable to MM2. Omsi is a dedicated PCV simulator. MM2 used vehicles with, like, 60 total polygons. Go figure.

Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

the trainbasher

I didn't know @Liverpool Street was a gaming expert!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: the trainbasher on January 18, 2015, 04:18:51 PM
I didn't know @Liverpool Street was a gaming expert!

I might've had help from the grandson.... A bit...
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

CL

OMSI 2 (Probably compatible with OMSI 1)
NEW RELEASE: From AD156 himself, he's brought back the Volvo B10BLE

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/5067-volvo-b10ble-wright-renown/

- Limited cab lighting, and lacks some detail. Steering is a bit tough. But all in all, a great bus from the exterior, hope to see some 'TWM' repaints in the future. Like these two: http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/1317-1514/1342.html - and of course, the current livery.

Correction: NOT compatible with OMSI 1. As specified by @Matt
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

trident4370

Out of curiosity how are the sounds on it, I haven't bothered downloading it yet just incase I am disapointed!

CL

Quote from: trident4370 on January 26, 2015, 06:10:41 PM
Out of curiosity how are the sounds on it, I haven't bothered downloading it yet just incase I am disapointed!

I think they're the same as the D92. Electric Startup definitely is. @trident4370
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

trident4370

Thanks for that @clayderman , I shan't bother with it then!

P419 EJW

Quote from: clayderman on January 26, 2015, 06:01:55 PM
OMSI 2 (Probably compatible with OMSI 1)
NEW RELEASE: From AD156 himself, he's brought back the Volvo B10BLE

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/5067-volvo-b10ble-wright-renown/

- Limited cab lighting, and lacks some detail. Steering is a bit tough. But all in all, a great bus from the exterior, hope to see some 'TWM' repaints in the future. Like these two: http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/1317-1514/1342.html - and of course, the current livery.

Correction: NOT compatible with OMSI 1. As specified by @Matt

Finally! There be a day for a Wright B10 bus being released! I was considering to create a B10L myself but sadly I haven't got a clue what to do with the program Blender... I'll have to have a look on the weekend after the exams are over this week.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk