News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bus simulators

Started by Ash, May 17, 2013, 10:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ

Looks like we'll finally have something realistic to use on the Sutton map.  ;)

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

SK68MEV

Quote from: StourValley98 on May 05, 2020, 10:37:58 PM
Looks like we'll finally have something realistic to use on the Sutton map.  ;)

any youtube vids
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

DJ

Here's my take on the Hydrogen livery. Is that fast enough?  ;D

dayvid

Are the Omsi Spectra repaints available for download by any chance?

DJ

Here's my go at recreating the new Chaserider livery on a Streetlite, it needs some changes still, and some stuff still needs adding once more photos of them appear online, but I'm happy with it so far.

Quote from: dayvid on December 29, 2020, 01:22:46 PM
Are the Omsi Spectra repaints available for download by any chance?

I've released one of R1 NEG, which you can get here: https://virtualbus.co.uk/resources/ono-twm-r1-neg-repaint-for-digibus-phantom.544/

Busboy105

Do you have to ask permission from the operators that you're gonna use their identities in the game?

Pat

Quote from: Busboy105 on January 12, 2021, 12:21:51 PM
Do you have to ask permission from the operators that you're gonna use their identities in the game?
If you are using it for personal use, no permission is required.  However, if you are selling/distributing to others, then Copyright Law states that you need to ask permission from the owner to use their logo etc.

DJ

Quote from: Pat on January 12, 2021, 12:34:33 PM
If you are using it for personal use, no permission is required.  However, if you are selling/distributing to others, then Copyright Law states that you need to ask permission from the owner to use their logo etc.

Yeah, hence why the DLC on Steam is devoid of actual branding, unless it is licensed. They also don't include any repaints from actual companies.

Pat

Quote from: DJ on January 12, 2021, 04:45:59 PM
Yeah, hence why the DLC on Steam is devoid of actual branding, unless it is licensed. They also don't include any repaints from actual companies.
A way to get round this, I believe, is to alter the colours used ever so slightly so that they aren't actually the same shade of colour, but look the same.

DJ

Quote from: Pat on January 12, 2021, 04:56:17 PM
A way to get round this, I believe, is to alter the colours used ever so slightly so that they aren't actually the same shade of colour, but look the same.

You could do that, but the livery itself would still be subject to copyright, as it'd still be the same design, and you couldn't use the logos. I believe the exception to this is TfL operations, as I think the London developers have a license with them, which covers using the operator logos for TfL services.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk