News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bus simulators

Started by Ash, May 17, 2013, 10:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

Quote from: trident4370 on October 22, 2014, 03:46:01 PM
Those who care, the Omsi Alternating displays are a success; Next I'm looking at the possibility of adding an extension onto the map to Falcon Lodge, or even potentially Tamworth. The main problem is going to be a lack of realistic scenery :(

Lovely. I particularly like the 110 displays, mainly due to the fact you can see the alternation better. :) Good Job!
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

CL

Quote from: NXDom on December 28, 2014, 03:21:39 PM
I've just found this:
http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/19866-repaint-enviro-400-hybrid-colours/

I have seen it a while ago. Unfortunately, there is no download link - I didn't mind, no offence to the creator, but I don't think it's very accurate at all. I mean, I sound hypocritical really, I don't know how to make repaints myself. ::) :P

Liverpool Street

Quote from: clayderman on December 28, 2014, 04:01:32 PM
Quote from: NXDom on December 28, 2014, 03:21:39 PM
I've just found this:
http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/19866-repaint-enviro-400-hybrid-colours/

I have seen it a while ago. Unfortunately, there is no download link - I didn't mind, no offence to the creator, but I don't think it's very accurate at all. I mean, I sound hypocritical really, I don't know how to make repaints myself. ::) :P

Nor do I but that livery is totally off. I don't know what it is with these repaints but accuracy is far from the most difficult thing to abide by. For instance, the green starts at the top right hand corner of the front wheel arch, not at the lower skirt. Next is the absence of correct fleetname on the front, and the obvious lack of detail on the sides. It surely isn't that hard to look at a picture and copy from it? It seems to me this was made "just off the top of his head" - sort of thing~
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Tara4352

Quote from: Matt on January 01, 2015, 04:56:35 PM
Thinking of getting Omsi 2 off Amazon, anyone who's got it, is it worth it?
Its quite good wouldn't say its the greatest game in the world but im not on there everyday so that's what I think

domino.99

I have it if i'm honest it isn't as good as omsi 1, but if you don't have omsi 1 then it is worth getting 2. Solid game but has its frailties but it's worth it, only if you don't have omsi 1

vinh1000

Omsi 1 I think is better than 2 although have both with the wheel and pedals its a decent game
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

CL

Quote from: Matt on January 01, 2015, 08:22:14 PM
Quote from: NXDom on January 01, 2015, 08:14:46 PM

I have it if i'm honest it isn't as good as omsi 1, but if you don't have omsi 1 then it is worth getting 2. Solid game but has its frailties but it's worth it, only if you don't have omsi 1

No I don't have the original Omsi. Do you have a wheel and pedals for it Dom?

Quote from: vinh1000 on January 02, 2015, 12:51:16 PM
Omsi 1 I think is better than 2 although have both with the wheel and pedals its a decent game

From what I heard, the Logitec G27 is the best for OMSI - I mean, from what I see on eBay, it's quite pricey. But have you seen this custom dashboard? Made to look like the MAN D92 Cab: (*excuse the magpie*)

P419 EJW

Quote from: clayderman on January 02, 2015, 12:58:20 PM
From what I heard, the Logitec G27 is the best for OMSI - I mean, from what I see on eBay, it's quite pricey. But have you seen this custom dashboard? Made to look like the MAN D92 Cab: (*excuse the magpie*)

Yeah, the G27 looks like starting from £150. That MAN D92 dashboard and steering wheel is very difficult to find and is involved a lot of wiring. If you have a lot of money (or rich by family) then good luck. When I first saw the video couple of months ago, I was fascinated about how that guy managed to fix everything and made it work. I went to research how to get it and I thought to myself "It won't happen." Because I don't have the expertise in wiring, which LED light bulbs to get, specific wires, etc.

I just use the Numpad on the keyboard, it's free. ;) 

CL

Quote from: P419 EJW on January 02, 2015, 04:33:15 PM

Yeah, the G27 looks like starting from £150. That MAN D92 dashboard and steering wheel is very difficult to find and is involved a lot of wiring. If you have a lot of money (or rich by family) then good luck. When I first saw the video couple of months ago, I was fascinated about how that guy managed to fix everything and made it work. I went to research how to get it and I thought to myself "It won't happen." Because I don't have the expertise in wiring, which LED light bulbs to get, specific wires, etc.

And, in most cases, included with the keyboard. In my opinion, I do think this game is best for desktop computers. :P

In other news, has anybody tried the Beta Volvo B7TL Wright Gemini? Works a treat for Beta. There have been a few 'private' repaints - shown in screenshots of the bus, like this FirstBus 'Barbie' one: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/gallery/image/4934-fbb7tl/

Unfortunately, due to Beta, the displays do not change, well, for me anyway. Fortunately, however, I have included the download link*:
(ONLY for OMSI 2, at the moment, i hope...)

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/5033-omsi2-bus-volvo-b7tl-wright-eclipse-gemini-beta/

This bus comes in two 'default' liveries, the Demonstrator, and the Reliance livery - and yes, it is the one converted from Midtown Madness 2.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: clayderman on January 02, 2015, 10:38:58 PM

And, in most cases, included with the keyboard. In my opinion, I do think this game is best for desktop computers. :P

In other news, has anybody tried the Beta Volvo B7TL Wright Gemini? Works a treat for Beta. There have been a few 'private' repaints - shown in screenshots of the bus, like this FirstBus 'Barbie' one: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/gallery/image/4934-fbb7tl/

Unfortunately, due to Beta, the displays do not change, well, for me anyway. Fortunately, however, I have included the download link*:

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/5033-omsi2-bus-volvo-b7tl-wright-eclipse-gemini-beta/

This bus comes in two 'default' liveries, the Demonstrator, and the Reliance livery - and yes, it is the one converted from Midtown Madness 2.

If its from MM2 surely the TWM livery should be on there? AD156 uglybob~ AVW1 would probably want credit, though.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

CL

Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 03, 2015, 11:54:48 AM
Quote from: clayderman on January 02, 2015, 10:38:58 PM

If its from MM2 surely the TWM livery should be on there? AD156 uglybob~ AVW1 would probably want credit, though.

If I remember correctly, there was three different TWM Geminis. Two were variations of the 33 Branding, but neither had the demonstrator livery - which, in MM2, ironically displayed the 16, to Hamstead. I think the demonstrator bus was a different bus for MM2... Hopefully, when the bus is actually released we can hope to see interior lighting, dashboard lights, changing displays, etc... And more importantly, a TWM/NXWM livery.

Trident 4194

Original omsi : Man d92,d89-86, sd77-85
Omsi 2: the man bendibus and the above I think

The original omsi map is a bit boring.
I downloaded the moderner version of it, more routes to drive

P419 EJW

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 06, 2015, 07:53:21 PM

Indeed, iirc SD77 - 80 have the Roller blinds and the rest have the flip-dot matrix (I hope I am correct with the words I use regarding the digital blind).

I have the Mercedes Benz O405N2 in both OMSI 1 and 2. I think you can download the Citaro O530 (single decker) and O530G (bendi-bus).

I bought OMSI 1 first and a couple of months later I bought OMSI 2. Tbh, I play OMSI 1 more than OMSI 2.

CL

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 06, 2015, 07:53:21 PM

The original omsi map is a bit boring.
I downloaded the moderner version of it, more routes to drive

Not forgetting in OMSI2 you have the MAN NL202. Single decker. The shorter bendybus, if you will.

And by ''moderner version" I assume you're on about Great Grundorf (2)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk