News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Justin Tyme on September 11, 2024, 08:16:30 PMI'm afraid the Causeway One.Network website, which has a map showing roadworks, reckons the Stratford Road closure will be until 1600 on 23 September.
Thanks for cheering me up! :grin:

I've started walking to/from Sparkhill Job Centre to get to and from work, as the 15 minute walk is quicker than sitting in traffic on the 2 or 3.

Last few mornings it is taking buses half an hour to get from the Job Centre to Camp Hill. I checked on Bus Times this morning, I walked up Stratford Road and was in work, while the bus on the 3 I got off was still on Highgate Road. :undecided:
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/tnxb-pb-1928#journeys/628227561

Haden Circus is an absolute nightmare, and could really do with some part-time signals at peak times to help traffic flow a bit smoother.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Stu on September 11, 2024, 08:47:24 PMThanks for cheering me up! :grin:

I've started walking to/from Sparkhill Job Centre to get to and from work, as the 15 minute walk is quicker than sitting in traffic on the 2 or 3.

I sympathise.  I've done the diversion once, on a 6 in August, and that took a long time.  I'm lucky that I don't have to do do it every day.

Every time a major road is closed, buses always seem to suffer the most.  What can be done?

Answers on a postcard to the West Midlands Mayor I suppose.

BBS

QuoteThanks for cheering me up! :grin:

Last few mornings it is taking buses half an hour to get from the Job Centre to Camp Hill. I checked on Bus Times this morning, I walked up Stratford Road and was in work, while the bus on the 3 I got off was still on Highgate Road. :undecided:
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/tnxb-pb-1928#journeys/628227561

Haden Circus is an absolute nightmare, and could really do with some part-time signals at peak times to help traffic flow a bit smoother.
Most annoying bit being stuck on golden hillock road for over 30 minutes!
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Stu

Had an email from TfWM today informing me that the Stratford Road closure is now extended to Monday 30th September! :shocked:
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk