News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PB50

Quote from: Ingleboro261F on August 05, 2024, 07:11:48 PMIf the 28,97,97A can be diverted if possible. There's huge protests on the McDonald's roundabout by the heartlands hospital. I'm watching it live on tiktok and the 28 is having a huge trouble getting past the protestors. Obviously I'm not in charge
Yes I've just been watching that live on tik tok. A bus was stuck for a while in the middle of it. Definitely needs diversions tonight there in case it all kicks off.

Jack

Looks peaceful enough as everything is slowly moving, but really silly nothing is being diverted delaying people and putting vehicles and drives and passengers at risk by going through something that could turn very nasty.

John

QuoteLooks peaceful enough as everything is slowly moving, but really silly nothing is being diverted delaying people and putting vehicles and drives and passengers at risk by going through something that could turn very nasty.
1871 on the 28 turned around at the Fox and Goose at 19:23 on bus times, wasn't running late so hopefully been cut short for drivers and passengers safety  

Ingleboro261F

Moving to fox and goose now I think it's gonna affect 94/95 too

Jack

Quote from: Ingleboro261F on August 05, 2024, 08:03:57 PMMoving to fox and goose now I think it's gonna affect 94/95 too
11 too as it's all moving towards Stechford Police station.

Now looking like it's going towards Yardley Yew Tre so that's the 17 getting involved now.

Ingleboro261F

Yeah delayed 6145 by 25 mins and I think it's all calming down now 

Westy

Wa 41 on diversion in Willenhall, not serving Union Street.

Diversion, according to Nx Twitter, seems to be 'round the houses', via Pinson Road, New Road & Lion Hotel area!

Has there been a fire, as one of my colleagues reckoned he saw smoke?

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Westy on August 06, 2024, 07:44:22 AMWa 41 on diversion in Willenhall, not serving Union Street.

Diversion, according to Nx Twitter, seems to be 'round the houses', via Pinson Road, New Road & Lion Hotel area!

Has there been a fire, as one of my colleagues reckoned he saw smoke?
https://www.expressandstar.com/news/local-hubs/walsall/willenhall/2024/08/06/disused-willenhall-factory-goes-up-in-flames-as-residents-woken-by-banging/
It appears your colleague was right
Factory has collapsed
41 now Field Street, Pinson Road, Walsall Street, Albion Road, Lower Lichfield Street and Upper Lichfield Street into Willenhall.
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Westy

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on August 06, 2024, 11:00:43 AMhttps://www.expressandstar.com/news/local-hubs/walsall/willenhall/2024/08/06/disused-willenhall-factory-goes-up-in-flames-as-residents-woken-by-banging/
It appears your colleague was right
Factory has collapsed
41 now Field Street, Pinson Road, Walsall Street, Albion Road, Lower Lichfield Street and Upper Lichfield Street into Willenhall.
I only noticed as there was a 41 parked up in the 529 layby on New Road!

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Westy on August 06, 2024, 12:01:16 PMI only noticed as there was a 41 parked up in the 529 layby on New Road!
Based on my knowledge the 41 was cutting across the 37 route it might as well have followed it into Willenhall unless it did 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

Westy

Was there any diversions on WA 29 (& Carolean 19!) today, as regards the funeral of the recent Blakenall stabbing victim today?

The only reason I ask is that Walsall Community Transport posted diversions on their Facebook page advertising possible diversions / delays to their 23 & 25 during the day, but nothing from NX on their Twitter.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

From today for 4 weeks Willenhall Street is closed from the junction of Alma Street to Stafford Road due to them finally building a Zebra Crossing. 
39 Is Diverting St Lawrence Way Blockall, Rough Hay Road then Hall Street East onto Wolverhampton Street Normal Line Of Route in both directions 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

Stu

Stratford Road in Sparkbrook is closed from today until Friday 30th August between Henley Street and Kyotts Lake Road for sewer replacement works to be carried out.
This of course follows on from the recent disruption where similar works were undertaken at the junction with Erasmus Road last month. 

2 and 3 are diverting via Highgate Middleway and Highgate Road in both directions.

4, 4A, 5 and 6 are diverting via Bordesley Middleway, Small Heath Highway, Golden Hillock Road and Walford Road in both directions.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on August 12, 2024, 07:42:08 PMStratford Road in Sparkbrook is closed from today until Friday 30th August between Henley Street and Kyotts Lake Road for sewer replacement works to be carried out.
This of course follows on from the recent disruption where similar works were undertaken at the junction with Erasmus Road last month.

2 and 3 are diverting via Highgate Middleway and Highgate Road in both directions.

4, 4A, 5 and 6 are diverting via Bordesley Middleway, Small Heath Highway, Golden Hillock Road and Walford Road in both directions.
And the 2 & 3 currently have 'Scania Only' marked on the allocation sheet to stop any Tridents or E400s going under the bridge on Highgate Road

Stu

Quote from: Tony on August 12, 2024, 08:15:54 PMAnd the 2 & 3 currently have 'Scania Only' marked on the allocation sheet to stop any Tridents or E400s going under the bridge on Highgate Road
To be honest, I don't mind at this time of year. It seemed like a quicker diversion, the driver of my 3 home this evening went via Moseley Road to get to Highgate Road.

It's the left-turn from Stoney Lane onto Highgate Road that I thought might be a bit tight, but clearly its been tested okay!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk