News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Justin Tyme on September 11, 2024, 08:16:30 PMI'm afraid the Causeway One.Network website, which has a map showing roadworks, reckons the Stratford Road closure will be until 1600 on 23 September.
Thanks for cheering me up! :grin:

I've started walking to/from Sparkhill Job Centre to get to and from work, as the 15 minute walk is quicker than sitting in traffic on the 2 or 3.

Last few mornings it is taking buses half an hour to get from the Job Centre to Camp Hill. I checked on Bus Times this morning, I walked up Stratford Road and was in work, while the bus on the 3 I got off was still on Highgate Road. :undecided:
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/tnxb-pb-1928#journeys/628227561

Haden Circus is an absolute nightmare, and could really do with some part-time signals at peak times to help traffic flow a bit smoother.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Stu on September 11, 2024, 08:47:24 PMThanks for cheering me up! :grin:

I've started walking to/from Sparkhill Job Centre to get to and from work, as the 15 minute walk is quicker than sitting in traffic on the 2 or 3.

I sympathise.  I've done the diversion once, on a 6 in August, and that took a long time.  I'm lucky that I don't have to do do it every day.

Every time a major road is closed, buses always seem to suffer the most.  What can be done?

Answers on a postcard to the West Midlands Mayor I suppose.

BBS

QuoteThanks for cheering me up! :grin:

Last few mornings it is taking buses half an hour to get from the Job Centre to Camp Hill. I checked on Bus Times this morning, I walked up Stratford Road and was in work, while the bus on the 3 I got off was still on Highgate Road. :undecided:
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/tnxb-pb-1928#journeys/628227561

Haden Circus is an absolute nightmare, and could really do with some part-time signals at peak times to help traffic flow a bit smoother.
Most annoying bit being stuck on golden hillock road for over 30 minutes!
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Stu

Had an email from TfWM today informing me that the Stratford Road closure is now extended to Monday 30th September! :shocked:
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk