News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Justin Tyme on September 11, 2024, 08:16:30 PMI'm afraid the Causeway One.Network website, which has a map showing roadworks, reckons the Stratford Road closure will be until 1600 on 23 September.
Thanks for cheering me up! :grin:

I've started walking to/from Sparkhill Job Centre to get to and from work, as the 15 minute walk is quicker than sitting in traffic on the 2 or 3.

Last few mornings it is taking buses half an hour to get from the Job Centre to Camp Hill. I checked on Bus Times this morning, I walked up Stratford Road and was in work, while the bus on the 3 I got off was still on Highgate Road. :undecided:
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/tnxb-pb-1928#journeys/628227561

Haden Circus is an absolute nightmare, and could really do with some part-time signals at peak times to help traffic flow a bit smoother.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Stu on September 11, 2024, 08:47:24 PMThanks for cheering me up! :grin:

I've started walking to/from Sparkhill Job Centre to get to and from work, as the 15 minute walk is quicker than sitting in traffic on the 2 or 3.

I sympathise.  I've done the diversion once, on a 6 in August, and that took a long time.  I'm lucky that I don't have to do do it every day.

Every time a major road is closed, buses always seem to suffer the most.  What can be done?

Answers on a postcard to the West Midlands Mayor I suppose.

BBS

QuoteThanks for cheering me up! :grin:

Last few mornings it is taking buses half an hour to get from the Job Centre to Camp Hill. I checked on Bus Times this morning, I walked up Stratford Road and was in work, while the bus on the 3 I got off was still on Highgate Road. :undecided:
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/tnxb-pb-1928#journeys/628227561

Haden Circus is an absolute nightmare, and could really do with some part-time signals at peak times to help traffic flow a bit smoother.
Most annoying bit being stuck on golden hillock road for over 30 minutes!
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Stu

Had an email from TfWM today informing me that the Stratford Road closure is now extended to Monday 30th September! :shocked:
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BlackCountryBusSpotter

https://x.com/nxwestmidlands/status/1837084357799936076?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Stop rearrangement at Walsall Bus Station on Sunday 
8,9,10 using Stand C
6, 7, 35, 997 using stop outside Co Op
69, 70, 70A using WD Outside Job Centre on Hatherton Road
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

BBS

QuoteHad an email from TfWM today informing me that the Stratford Road closure is now extended to Monday 30th September! :shocked:
I've read somewhere just today and it's been extended to October 3rd now 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

ellspurs

Quote from: BBS on September 21, 2024, 11:16:13 PMI've read somewhere just today and it's been extended to October 3rd now
one.network is still saying Sept 30th for now, and that was last updated on the 16th.

ellspurs

One closure which isn't on one.network or google is the Chester Road at Bacon's End, Kingshurst. The x12 is currently diverting via Windward Way and Birmingham Road. I assume the 96 is doing something similar.

Overnight diversions on the 94/95 services this week due to bus lane works.
A lot have been diverting until now Heartlands Parkway, Bromford Lane, Drew's Lane coming back onto normal line of route by Ward  End Park.

4890 on the 22:45 just gone via Heartlands Parkway, Aston Church Lane.  So it seems this route is also being used.

Moor Street Queensway also closed in one direction for metro works. X21/X22 going round via Bull Street, Corporation Street.

The driver on 4890 did check with all boarding passengers where they were going as well in case they wanted the affected Saltley stops, most on that trip. said Nechells and Ward End.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Gareth

Quote from: 2206 on Yesterday at 11:07:39 PMOvernight diversions on the 94/95 services this week due to bus lane works.
A lot have been diverting until now Heartlands Parkway, Bromford Lane, Drew's Lane coming back onto normal line of route by Ward  End Park.

4890 on the 22:45 just gone via Heartlands Parkway, Aston Church Lane.  So it seems this route is also being used.

Moor Street Queensway also closed in one direction for metro works. X21/X22 going round via Bull Street, Corporation Street.

Glad I saw this. I usually catch the 22.30 95, and Drews Lane is a long diversion away from saltley gate. Glad it was late coming into town and chose to catch the 22.37 14 instead! Think I'll catch that the rest of this week then!

Westy

Incident on Stafford Street, Walsall between Proffitt Street & John Street.

Twitter says 31, 32, X51 & 29(presumbly the 19 as well!) on diversion via Leamore Lane & Green Lane.

Is that right for the 29 & 19, as I thought they'd be able to head down Mill Lane & The Butts, to get into Walsall that way?

Wumpty

Quote from: Westy on Today at 07:13:54 AMIncident on Stafford Street, Walsall between Proffitt Street & John Street.

Twitter says 31, 32, X51 & 29(presumbly the 19 as well!) on diversion via Leamore Lane & Green Lane.

Is that right for the 29 & 19, as I thought they'd be able to head down Mill Lane & The Butts, to get into Walsall that way?
I wouldn't go down Mill Lane in a car, let alone a bus, as it's very tight on the S-bends over the railway bridge.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Westy

Quote from: Wumpty on Today at 08:18:46 AMI wouldn't go down Mill Lane in a car, let alone a bus, as it's very tight on the S-bends over the railway bridge.
I suppose thats the main reason the 319(as was) was taken off there years ago & sent up Dartmouth Avenue area instead.

My other sister, who lives in WB, has texted me to say it was a fire behind Rock Steady Eddies & last pick up was Harden island. She spotted it on FB earlier.

Westy

Quote from: Westy on Today at 10:00:27 AMI suppose thats the main reason the 319(as was) was taken off there years ago & sent up Dartmouth Avenue area instead.

My other sister, who lives in WB, has texted me to say it was a fire behind Rock Steady Eddies & last pick up was Harden island. She spotted it on FB earlier.
Looks like, according to BT, one 29 driver is diverting up Lichfield Road to Rushall, & going along Station Road to Coalpool that way, while Carolean is using Whitehouse Street instead.

Wumpty

Quote from: Westy on Today at 10:00:27 AMI suppose thats the main reason the 319(as was) was taken off there years ago & sent up Dartmouth Avenue area instead.

The 319 used to run out of Walsall bus station via Hatherton Road, North Street, Proffitt Street and onward, not via Mill Lane. It diverted due to a lack of passenger pick ups (and I believe after a fatality involving a schoolboy on a bike). 

Either way, Mill Lane is completely unsuitable for any large vehicle.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk