News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Evergreen Coaches

Started by nitromatt1, April 07, 2013, 11:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Quote from: Busboy105 on June 13, 2020, 04:04:54 PM
Aren't they using that Omnicity until they get a E200?
I think so.  Not sure what displays are in the Scania, if any.

Busboy105

Quote from: Pat on June 13, 2020, 04:30:19 PM
Yes, as the destination must be accurate.
It is just a apostrophe. I didn't see anyone complaining when Green Bus put Kings Heath as King's Heath.

Tony

Quote from: Busboy105 on June 13, 2020, 04:56:27 PM
It is just a apostrophe. I didn't see anyone complaining when Green Bus put Kings Heath as King's Heath.

It's not just an apostrophe, and the Green Bus variation is correct

Pat

Evergreen say 'Smithwood' instead of 'Smiths Wood'

ellspurs

Their signs say "Smithwood".

They're missing the s in the middle as well. I wouldn't mention it if it was just the apostrophe as it seems dependent on the mood whether it is included or not. In the late nineties the signage around here stated "Smithswood". At some point in the early 2000s, people decided that the apostrophe was needed and it became Smith's Wood.

Edit: Both Tony and Pat beat me to the punch!

Similar issue with Kitts Green. There's a signpost on the roundabout junction of the A452/B4114 which has a "Kitt's Green" sign on it, and when you get to the roundabout at Bacons End island (where the BP garage is), it suddenly becomes "Kitts Green". The distance between these signs is less than 200 metres.

There's always been an issue with apostrophes around here.

Tony

Quote from: ellspurs on June 13, 2020, 05:07:48 PM

There's always been an issue with apostrophes around here.

Birmingham Council decided to drop all apostrophes a few years back, hence the mix due to replacement of some signs

Busboy105

What chassis does the Omnilink have? It sounds and looks different from NX's Omnilinks. Is it an earlier model?

John

Quote from: Busboy105 on June 16, 2020, 07:17:09 PM
What chassis does the Omnilink have? It sounds and looks different from NX's Omnilinks. Is it an earlier model?

Its an OmniCity not OmniLink

Busboy105

Trident 4194

Is there a picture of the vehicle?

mikestone

Called to a public enquiry in todays N&P.

tyresmoke

Quote from: Pat on June 13, 2020, 04:31:13 PM
I think so.  Not sure what displays are in the Scania, if any.

It has Mobitec screens in it, but needs a flashcard to update them.

DJ

Quote from: tyresmoke on August 23, 2020, 01:14:49 PM
It has Mobitec screens in it, but needs a flashcard to update them.

It's not that difficult, you can get a card and a reader very cheaply online. It's basically a very outdated storage medium for cameras.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

justlookingaround

Alternatively, just swap the controller out for a USB model. They show up on eBay from time to time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk