News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Evergreen Coaches

Started by nitromatt1, April 07, 2013, 11:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noticed the 53 will be having a route change from the 24th February.
It will now serve Alum Rock Road, Cotterills Lane and Belchers Lane, between Heartlands Hospital and Saltley.

The current route will no longer be served.
Might mean the service may pick up a few more passengers now.

New timetable is now on Traveline WM.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Busboy105

Quote from: 2206 on February 08, 2020, 05:58:39 PM
It will now serve Alum Rock Road and Belchers Lane, between Heartlands Hospital and Saltley.

Not a bad idea,(Evergreen doing a decision that Diamond and IGO couldn't do in 10+ years of having the route) however the traffic around Pelham might cause reliability issues.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Busboy105 on February 08, 2020, 06:56:28 PM
Not a bad idea,(Evergreen doing a decision that Diamond and IGO couldn't do in 10+ years of having the route) however the traffic around Pelham might cause reliability issues.

May not be evergreens decision

Tony

Quote from: Busboy105 on February 08, 2020, 06:56:28 PM

Operators do not decide the route of tendered services

ellspurs

It will now serve Alum Rock Road, Cotterills Lane and Belchers Lane, between Heartlands Hospital and Saltley.

At least part of Cotterills Lane will have a bus service now. Can't remember when a bus last served part of it.

metrocity

Their insurance premium will be increasing then !

Busboy105

Quote from: ellspurs on February 08, 2020, 08:24:33 PM
At least part of Cotterills Lane will have a bus service now. Can't remember when a bus last served part of it.
I don't think it did

Michael Bevan

Scania Omnidekka RUI 2058 is on the 53 this afternoon. I believe it replaced YX18 KVR.

Kevin

I have to say I'm not surprised that the Saltley/Bordesley Green area is finally being dropped, never seen anyone use the bus there
Still somehow seems a bit of a shame though
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Busboy105

Quote from: Kevin on February 21, 2020, 11:25:10 AM
I have to say I'm not surprised that the Saltley/Bordesley Green area is finally being dropped, never seen anyone use the bus there
Still somehow seems a bit of a shame though
What about  the Stechford part? Does anyone use that as well?

ellspurs

I saw the 53 this afternoon on Masshouse Lane, going onto The Priory Queensway just before 2pm.

I did see a passenger on it as well.

With the 28A changing operator on the 27th April -
Does anyone know what timetable it will be operating to? Strange no timetable has been released publicly when that is now only a week and a half away.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on April 15, 2020, 07:43:18 PM
Does anyone know what timetable it will be operating to? Strange no timetable has been released publicly when that is now only a week and a half away.

Network West Midlands are not allowing any access to timetables on their website.

In the vast majority of cases, when tendered services change operator, there is no change to route or timetable, unless stated otherwise.

So I'd work on the assumption that the timetable remains as present, just the operator that changes.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Solo1

Quote from: 2206 on April 15, 2020, 07:43:18 PM
i read somewhere its reduced to hourly wonder what they will be using on it

ellspurs

I've noticed that the 53 seems to have had a minor route change at its terminus in Smith's Wood. Instead of doing a loop which went up Lanchester Way and back along Auckland Drive, bus stop flags now indicate that it operates in both directions on Lanchester Way. Not that it will get much patronage, it does remove an anomaly where Lanchester Way was only served by a bus that terminated at the end of the road, and didn't continue on its return journey for some time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk