News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Evergreen Coaches

Started by nitromatt1, April 07, 2013, 11:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitromatt1

Looking at Tony's recently added photographs, it appears more of the B7TLs have been painted than I had realised.

9249, 9287, 9296 and 9329 have all been painted (albeit 9249 and 9287 are lacking any black!)

9298 seems to be the next one in for paint. This just leaves 9286 and 9291. I hope Evergreen can invest in some destination blind technology, like the Olympians and Spectras have - otherwise, looking promising!

The B7TLs, by the way, are great buses. I've only had one breakdown so far in the 6 months or so they've been here. Most are fast and change gear nice and smoothly. I've been on 5 so far, all Voith gearboxes, but from videos on Youtube I suspect the other two (9249 & 9329) have ZF

Tony

Quote from: Matt on June 10, 2014, 07:42:24 PM
Looking at Tony's recently added photographs, it appears more of the B7TLs have been painted than I had realised.

9249, 9287, 9296 and 9329 have all been painted (albeit 9249 and 9287 are lacking any black!)

9298 seems to be the next one in for paint. This just leaves 9286 and 9291. I hope Evergreen can invest in some destination blind technology, like the Olympians and Spectras have - otherwise, looking promising!

The B7TLs, by the way, are great buses. I've only had one breakdown so far in the 6 months or so they've been here. Most are fast and change gear nice and smoothly. I've been on 5 so far, all Voith gearboxes, but from videos on Youtube I suspect the other two (9249 & 9329) have ZF

Hi Matt - what I hadn't realised until I got home are some are converted to single door, are all of them and if so how many seats downstairs?

nitromatt1

Quote from: Tony on June 10, 2014, 07:52:24 PM
Quote from: Matt on June 10, 2014, 07:42:24 PM

Hi Matt - what I hadn't realised until I got home are some are converted to single door, are all of them and if so how many seats downstairs?

I think all are single door, I don't remember seeing any with dual doors. I will do a seat-count in the morning if I remember!

nitromatt1

9298 repainted and back out in service (courtesy of my lil sis)

Two remain in Metroline livery, 9286 and 9291

nitromatt1

9287 on HC2 this morning in place of 9291. I suspect this means 9291 is next in for paint.

nitromatt1

Current situation regarding the Presidents - 9286 is in service repainted into the orange livery (without the black), whilst 9291 was still in service yesterday in Metroline colours.

Meanwhile, my sister noticed 2058 sneaking onto the HC4 yesterday. It has apparently gained a large advert for "Bowen's Holidays"

James4368

are enthruaists allowed to photograph buses/coach fleet around the depot?
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

winston

Quote from: nxwmbusfan1999 on July 28, 2014, 07:41:44 AM

Not unless you ask the owners permission first.

Tony

Quote from: Winston on July 28, 2014, 01:10:40 PM

And I have both been allowed and refused by Avi Thandi

Niall

I'm on Flickr and Youtube

NXWM Spectra

M18 BOT is also for sale on eBay. It says there's a choice of three but it's the only Scania K114EB4 on the fleetlist.

Westy

Are those double deckers ever used in normal service?

Only time I ever see them is up & down the Black Country Spine Road,  sometimes showing a destination for a contract service.

Westy

Quote from: Tony on July 28, 2014, 06:04:21 PM

While I can understand us rank & file not being allowed in for safety reasons,  you'd think Tony being a 'responsible' person & being in the same industry, he would be a bit more helpful.

(Unless NX have p***ed him off in some way & Tony is getting the backlash!)

the trainbasher

Quote from: Westy on August 03, 2014, 09:05:02 AM

While I can understand us rank & file not being allowed in for safety reasons,  you'd think Tony being a 'responsible' person & being in the same industry, he would be a bit more helpful.

Just because Tony is in the industry and works at NXWM, and being educated in depot etiquette for one operator doesn't mean that he automatically gets to go in another companies depot. That other company may have different procedures to NXWM, that's why Tony, like the rest of us has to ask for permission.

I've been into depots of a few different operators (NXWM, Johnsons, Dudley's Coaches, Hansons, GRS, and a few others inside and outside the forum area) and every time I've done so, I've either asked and gained permission, been to an organised event involving that companies depot (organised enthusiasts visit/Depot Open Day), been invited in by a member of management/senior member of staff, or (in the case of GRS) been doing some bits and bobs for the operator.

At all times I've ensured that I've followed procedures and instructions by whoever has allowed me into the depot. But just because I've been to one operators depot does not mean that I automatically am allowed in every bus depot in existence!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Westy

Quote from: the trainbasher on August 03, 2014, 01:28:22 PM
Quote from: Westy on August 03, 2014, 09:05:02 AM

Just because Tony is in the industry and works at NXWM, and being educated in depot etiquette for one operator doesn't mean that he automatically gets to go in another companies depot. That other company may have different procedures to NXWM, that's why Tony, like the rest of us has to ask for permission.

I've been into depots of a few different operators (NXWM, Johnsons, Dudley's Coaches, Hansons, GRS, and a few others inside and outside the forum area) and every time I've done so, I've either asked and gained permission, been to an organised event involving that companies depot (organised enthusiasts visit/Depot Open Day), been invited in by a member of management/senior member of staff, or (in the case of GRS) been doing some bits and bobs for the operator.

At all times I've ensured that I've followed procedures and instructions by whoever has allowed me into the depot. But just because I've been to one operators depot does not mean that I automatically am allowed in every bus depot in existence!

Didn't say he would be allowed into every operator's premises.

What I mean is it's strange sometimes he's allowed in & sometimes he isn't.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk