News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Evergreen Coaches

Started by nitromatt1, April 07, 2013, 11:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ

Quote from: justlookingaround on August 24, 2020, 03:21:41 PM
Alternatively, just swap the controller out for a USB model. They show up on eBay from time to time.

You can get them direct from McKenna too I believe.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

ellspurs

Has any more information been released on why they've been called up to a public enquiry?

I did see both vehicles on the 53 the other week. One of them had no displayed number showing on the side/rear, and both were in plain white.

Didn't see if they've managed to correct "Smithwood" yet.

There were passengers on both buses as well.

Saw a Double decker Scania on the 28A today, YV03PZY parked on the 28 stop at Ward End. Must be the first time in a decade that a double decker has been used on that section of the 28 route. The last time being when the Metrobus were used on the 24 service.

Wander what happened to the single decker scania.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

CL

Quote from: 2206 on August 24, 2020, 08:44:42 PM
Saw a Double decker Scania on the 28A today, YV03PZY parked on the 28 stop at Ward End. Must be the first time in a decade that a double decker has been used on that section of the 28 route. The last time being when the Metrobus were used on the 24 service.

Wander what happened to the single decker scania.
Been used on a few occasions before now..

not my photo - https://flic.kr/p/2jy1gJU
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

ellspurs

My, that is a tad overkill for that route. At least social distancing can be practiced well on it.

Nxwm

Rumour is Thandi has been awarded de Courcey contract for school buses any truth in this

Stu

Quote from: Nxwm on September 01, 2020, 12:20:52 AM
Rumour is Thandi has been awarded de Courcey contract for school buses any truth in this

It's no rumour, its on the NWM website:
https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/plan-your-journey/back-to-school/coventry-schools/
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Stu on September 01, 2020, 08:07:01 AM
It's no rumour, its on the NWM website:
https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/plan-your-journey/back-to-school/coventry-schools/

What I can't understand about that article on the website is why are Nbus tickets needed, surely if the service is being operated by National Express then their tickets should be valid on it?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Steveminor

Services are following council rules

Lukeeee2018

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 01, 2020, 12:17:24 PM
What I can't understand about that article on the website is why are Nbus tickets needed, surely if the service is being operated by National Express then their tickets should be valid on it?

You can use the National Express tickets on the NX school services.

ellspurs

Quote from: Lukeeee2018 on September 01, 2020, 03:52:53 PM
You can use the National Express tickets on the NX school services.

There's a paragraph 2/3 of the way down which says:

Quote from: NWM websiteIf you have already purchased a National Express West Midlands bus ticket, this ticket will be accepted for a limited period until the ticket expires but you must change to an N bus ticket on your next purchase. If you are a direct debit customer you will need to ask your provider to upgrade your ticket to a N bus.

I think that is meant to say "De Courcey" rather than NXWM there.

Steveminor

As de courcey hadn't sold any school passes I doubt it.

ellspurs

Are they implying that the NXWM tickets aren't valid on school services provided by NXWM going forward? Or is it specific to these ex-de Courcey school services?

Steveminor

It's most likely just these school services as they are specifically closed door contracts @Tony will probably be able to confirm in due course

Nxwm

Any idea why evergreen coaches were at the public enquiry today?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk