News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus Services axed/changed from 1st January 2023

Started by 2206, October 11, 2022, 07:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

I'm pleased to see that NX will continue operating the evening and Sunday journeys on the 27 (Maypole to Cofton Hackett) and 76 (Solihull to Northfield) services.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MasterPlan

Quote from: SO6597 on December 15, 2022, 03:17:20 PMThe new 46 is there too.

For whatever reason I didn't realise it was going to do the current 48 route between Northfield and QE. It will certainly be wierd to see Stagecoach buses in Weoley Castle.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

SO6597

I saw yesterday that the 55 is on a 5 year tender, does anyone know how long the 27/46/76 are for?

ellspurs

On the NX update page, it says that service 71 "Sunday evenings" contract has been awarded to another operator.

Quote from: NX71 | Chelmsley Wood - Sutton Coldfield (via Kingshurst, Castle Bromwich, Castle Vale, Minworth & Walmley)
The Sunday evening 71 TfWM contracted service has been awarded to another operator.

On the TfWM update page, it says that service 71 "is to be renumbered 26, will have a different timetable and will be operated by Stagecoach Midlands". It doesn't state "Sunday evenings" only.

Quote from: TfWM71 – Sutton Coldfield to Chelmsley Wood
From 1 January 2023, this service will be renumbered service 26 and will have a new timetable.
From this date Stagecoach Midlands will provide the service.

I guess they just mean the Sunday evenings, but what's the point of that?

Rachvince53

Presumably Stagecoach put in a lower bid for that subsidised part of the timetable. Sometimes common sense  goes out of the window when money is involved. 

Stu

Quote from: ellspurs on December 17, 2022, 07:26:48 AMOn the NX update page, it says that service 71 "Sunday evenings" contract has been awarded to another operator.

On the TfWM update page, it says that service 71 "is to be renumbered 26, will have a different timetable and will be operated by Stagecoach Midlands". It doesn't state "Sunday evenings" only.

I guess they just mean the Sunday evenings, but what's the point of that?
I agree it does seem a little pointless renumbering it, unless there are some route changes as part of its "different timetable".

You'd think that TfWM would be trying to keep costs down, and avoid having to change too many bus stop flags.
My locals:

MW

Quote from: Stu on December 17, 2022, 01:07:07 PMI agree it does seem a little pointless renumbering it, unless there are some route changes as part of its "different timetable".

You'd think that TfWM would be trying to keep costs down, and avoid having to change too many bus stop flags.

Perhaps the full picture is yet to be revealed. I know that there was a 71 (Sutton to Chelmsley) & 71A (Kingshurst to Chelmsley) out for tender; and only went out on 6th December. 

Maybe we'll see a merger with another Sunday service.

hlliwmai

Quote from: Stu on December 17, 2022, 01:07:07 PMYou'd think that TfWM would be trying to keep costs down, and avoid having to change too many bus stop flags.

I agree @Stu tbh I bet they [TfWM] get very peed off when route numbers change or when routes get scrapped as is the case with Diamond 89 (Queslett) and the 424 services from January both of which serve Asda Queslett in Great Barr the bus stop that is at the rear of the superstore will from January be "Not in Use" thus they'll end up changing the bus stop flag to reflect this again more expense as you point out and unless another another company revives the 424 in future that bus stop will probably remain not in use forever, Also it puzzles me when you see these bus stops dotted around Birmingham/Black Country which are Not in Use and they've still got the bus shelters surely these could be utilised elsewhere?

MasterPlan

I'm not sure what the point of renumbering the 71 to 26 is, but moreover as it has already been stated that the 10 will have a new number I figured that would've been 26.

winston

Quote from: hlliwmai on December 17, 2022, 01:23:51 PMI agree @Stu tbh I bet they [TfWM] get very peed off when route numbers change or when routes get scrapped as is the case with Diamond 89 (Queslett) and the 424 services from January both of which serve Asda Queslett in Great Barr the bus stop that is at the rear of the superstore will from January be "Not in Use" thus they'll end up changing the bus stop flag to reflect this again more expense as you point out and unless another another company revives the 424 in future that bus stop will probably remain not in use forever, Also it puzzles me when you see these bus stops dotted around Birmingham/Black Country which are Not in Use and they've still got the bus shelters surely these could be utilised elsewhere?
TfWM have scrapped the 89 & 424, new tenders for those routes weren't issued.

the trainbasher

QuoteI'm not sure what the point of renumbering the 71 to 26 is, but moreover as it has already been stated that the 10 will have a new number I figured that would've been 26.
only the 10S is beign renumbered. The 10 (peak service to Birmingham) is staying as is

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stu

Quote from: MasterPlan on December 17, 2022, 01:49:02 PMI'm not sure what the point of renumbering the 71 to 26 is, but moreover as it has already been stated that the 10 will have a new number I figured that would've been 26.
Looks like it is staying as the 10 with the same route according to TfWM:
https://legacy.wmnetwork.co.uk/plan-your-journey/find-a-timetable/#/route/cen_30010_%20_H_y11_2-2
My locals:

Westy

Quote from: hlliwmai on December 17, 2022, 01:23:51 PMI agree @Stu tbh I bet they [TfWM] get very peed off when route numbers change or when routes get scrapped as is the case with Diamond 89 (Queslett) and the 424 services from January both of which serve Asda Queslett in Great Barr the bus stop that is at the rear of the superstore will from January be "Not in Use" thus they'll end up changing the bus stop flag to reflect this again more expense as you point out and unless another another company revives the 424 in future that bus stop will probably remain not in use forever, Also it puzzles me when you see these bus stops dotted around Birmingham/Black Country which are Not in Use and they've still got the bus shelters surely these could be utilised elsewhere?
2 on Green Lane in Leamore, last served by Chaserider 1, last time I went down that way!

Gareth

As a Washwood Heath garage fan boy, I must say I strongly object to a new 26 and 55 operating in strange areas! 🤣

MasterPlan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk