News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus Services axed/changed from 1st January 2023

Started by 2206, October 11, 2022, 07:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachvince53

Service 27/27a Wolves - Dudley via Gornal is going to Diamond on a daily basis. However it has lost its service after 6pm.

Diamond will also have the 17 meaning they will be the only company serving Gornal Wood.   They also take on the 5/5a which serves Pensnett High Street.

The NXWM 2 (Merry Hill-Wrens Nest via Dudley and Upper Gornal) retains its half hour frequency despite the loss of the 2a (Dudley Russell Hall Estate circular) meaning another cut for the estate.

GoldenSquid

Quote from: Jack D on December 14, 2022, 12:53:14 PMReally good extension, nice to see some investment in the 96 service. Wander what route it will take to the airport? Coleshill heath road getting a service again?
Quote from: monkeyjoe on December 14, 2022, 01:24:53 PMIf so will they coordinate times with x12 so works out 15 min frequency between c wood and airport

From what I can tell it's following the X12 route, on evenings and Sundays only. With no combined frequency.
Local Routes: 14/71/72/94/95/96/97/X12/X13

Jack D

Quote from: GoldenSquid on December 14, 2022, 07:45:40 PMFrom what I can tell it's following the X12 route, on evenings and Sundays only. With no combined frequency.
Where you got this info ?

MW

Chester Road, Moorend Avenue, One Square, Chelmsley Circle, Pine Square, Moorend Avenue, Chelmsley Road, Coleshill Heath Road, Chester Road, Solihull Parkway, Progress Way, Bickenhill Parkway, Bickenhill Lane, Airport Way, Concorde Road, Comet Road (for Birmingham Airport).

^ line of route for 96 towards Airport, if it helps.

ellspurs

Is this a very early set up for a bus running to the new HS2 station? 

I don't understand the logic of sending two buses through Birmingham Business Park seven days a week, especially when a quicker route that had buses running along it for years (Coleshill Heath Road direct to Bickenhill Lane) had a right turn installed on it to save the run up to the hotels but is now not used.

Is there anything even operating on there on a Sunday? Even the Greggs on there is shut on a Sunday (and the WH Smiths is closed all weekend).

Jack D

Quote from: MW on December 14, 2022, 07:57:53 PMChester Road, Moorend Avenue, One Square, Chelmsley Circle, Pine Square, Moorend Avenue, Chelmsley Road, Coleshill Heath Road, Chester Road, Solihull Parkway, Progress Way, Bickenhill Parkway, Bickenhill Lane, Airport Way, Concorde Road, Comet Road (for Birmingham Airport).

^ line of route for 96 towards Airport, if it helps.
Where did you get this info?

winston

Jack D

winston

SO6597

Kev's 55 timetable is now on the TfWM site. 

MasterPlan

Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Rachvince53

SO6597

Mike K

Quote from: MasterPlan on December 15, 2022, 02:35:34 PMWow, that's one hell of a convoluted route, and I thought the 39/A was bad.

https://legacy.wmnetwork.co.uk/plan-your-journey/find-a-timetable/#/route/cen_30055_%20_H_y11_1-1
Quinton to Longbridge via literally the whole of west, south-west and south Birmingham! 

ellspurs

Quote from: MasterPlan on December 15, 2022, 02:35:34 PMWow, that's one hell of a convoluted route, and I thought the 39/A was bad.

https://legacy.wmnetwork.co.uk/plan-your-journey/find-a-timetable/#/route/cen_30055_%20_H_y11_1-1
One of my old favourite routes was the 98, from Sheldon, the Wheatsheaf to Hay Mills Asda via every backroad you could find! It took over an hour what the 60 did in 10 minutes or so just by driving up the Coventry Road.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk