News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bus Services axed/changed from 1st January 2023

Started by 2206, October 11, 2022, 07:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j789

It would be interesting to know where these drivers have come from to operate these tenders for Stagecoach. They are short of drivers to in their current operating areas so I'd be pretty peeved living there if they take more drivers away from them to operate tenders in the West Mids.

Maybe they will offer higher wages to attract NXWM/ Diamond drivers etc but then that adds to the cost of running these services. I'd also wonder at the sense of launching any sort of meaningful competition against NXWM as I'd think Stagecoach Midlands current operating areas would be at greater risk of retaliatory competition then which would further dent profits, eg it really wouldn't take much for NXCov to push further into Leamington/ Warwick/ Nuneaton etc if pushed, especially as stagecoach's fares are higher.

Solo1

service 86 in rugby is reduced so drivers from there & could be other changes as ell to free up drivers /buses for the new services 

Rachvince53

Yes in the current climate many independent companies are giving up bus services to concentrate on the more lucrative private hire. For example Johnsons Coaches who pulled out of buses and sold their operations to Diamond,  although a number of routes were lost to Stagecoach under tender. 

winston

Quote from: j789 on December 09, 2022, 07:41:39 AMIt would be interesting to know where these drivers have come from to operate these tenders for Stagecoach. They are short of drivers to in their current operating areas so I'd be pretty peeved living there if they take more drivers away from them to operate tenders in the West Mids.

Maybe they will offer higher wages to attract NXWM/ Diamond drivers etc but then that adds to the cost of running these services. I'd also wonder at the sense of launching any sort of meaningful competition against NXWM as I'd think Stagecoach Midlands current operating areas would be at greater risk of retaliatory competition then which would further dent profits, eg it really wouldn't take much for NXCov to push further into Leamington/ Warwick/ Nuneaton etc if pushed, especially as stagecoach's fares are higher.

Stagecoach didn't bid for the tenders locally, so Stagecoach Wawickshire will need to recruit drivers to cover these new TfWM gains at short notice, which should be interesting...

Isle of Stroma

QuoteJust seen a post on the Lyndon Facebook group from a Solihull Councillor that the 58 is indeed going to Stagecoach, will be the A9 and extended to Blythe Valley via Monkspath Hall Road.

Ar$e, the 58's bad enough already for trips going AWOL.

"Dear Santa. For Xmas, I would like some new Walking boots"...

Straightlines

Quote from: winston on December 09, 2022, 11:50:30 AMStagecoach didn't bid for the tenders locally, so Stagecoach Wawickshire will need to recruit drivers to cover these new TfWM gains at short notice, which should be interesting...
I guess they've got to be given a chance, it is not like the incumbent operator is a shining light in driver resource availability!

Tony

QuoteI guess they've got to be given a chance, it is not like the incumbent operator is a shining light in driver resource availability!
Hence why they didn't bid for these routes to make other routes more reliable.

At least since November more drivers are starting than leaving at NX which is a start in the right direction to correct things

Straightlines

Quote from: Tony on December 09, 2022, 02:14:43 PMHence why they didn't bid for these routes to make other routes more reliable.

At least since November more drivers are starting than leaving at NX which is a start in the right direction to correct things
Great news!

Sandy Lane

Quote from: winston on December 09, 2022, 11:50:30 AMStagecoach didn't bid for the tenders locally, so Stagecoach Wawickshire will need to recruit drivers to cover these new TfWM gains at short notice, which should be interesting...
Wonder if this is why the SC 86 Cov - Rugby is being hacked back in January?.

Sandy Lane

Mods - there is a new thread "stagecoach in Birmingham" in the SC section. Can these SC items be moved across?

Jack D

What's happened to the DIA25? Speculation it would be replaced by the 77/77A??

ellspurs

Quote from: Jack D on December 11, 2022, 04:10:39 PMWhat's happened to the DIA25? Speculation it would be replaced by the 77/77A??
TfWM's document just says retained. It has been putting "retained with changes" on the ones that are going to be changed, so I guess nothing?

Simon's said in the Diamond thread that TfWM's put an embargo on the information being released until they do it so we will just need to wait and see.

Stu

Quote from: ellspurs on December 11, 2022, 04:18:44 PMSimon's said in the Diamond thread that TfWM's put an embargo on the information being released until they do it so we will just need to wait and see.
Well TfWM need to get their skates on and get this published, so passengers have plenty of time to plan for and adjust to any changes that may affect them.

It is not good enough leaving it all to the last minute like they usually do.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

ellspurs

Quote from: Stu on December 11, 2022, 04:50:04 PMWell TfWM need to get their skates on and get this published, so passengers have plenty of time to plan for and adjust to any changes that may affect them.

It is not good enough leaving it all to the last minute like they usually do.
You know quite well that they'll release the information on December 28th. We'll get more information tomorrow when the next batch of registrations/cancellations get pushed onto bustimes.

Westy

It'll be interesting to see what the TfWM bus maps look like, when this is all finished.

Is there any roads completely losing bus service?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk