News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus Services axed/changed from 1st January 2023

Started by 2206, October 11, 2022, 07:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachvince53

Presumably timetables are still being finalised by operators as there's no information on many routes including those with new operators (eg Dudley 57) or timetables (eg Dudley 2).

Westy

Quote from: Rachvince53 on December 12, 2022, 03:15:58 PMAny clue about who's taking over the 27/27A (wolves - dudley) or 17 (Stourbridge-Dudley)?  Minor changes to WN 15/16 too.
I've been asked by a work colleague about the 17 & 27 as well, as one of her kids uses a bus pass with those routes, so she's obviously concerned whether the pass is valid or not.

She sent me a screenshot of the pass receipt & it said a child regional at £25, which suggests to me, it's a Nx only pass, as it doesn't mention Nbus anywhere!

Rachvince53

The £25 pass is only valid on NX buses. The Nbus costing £27 is valid on any bus in the West Midlands (except Select Bus I think).  

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 11, 2022, 06:03:19 PMIn Dudley borough, South Road (Norton), High Street/Market Street/Lower High Street/Crown Lane (Stourbridge) and Leys Road (Brockmoor) are all set to lose bus services as the 251 was to be replaced by the 25 Stourbridge - Dudley service (in favour of the 250 routing)

Belle Vale (Cradley) is set to lose buses as the 17H is getting withdrawn

Banner Lane/Colman Hill (Cradley) is set to lose buses as the 28 is getting withdrawn

Union Street (Lye) is set to lose bus services as the 298/299 is getting merged into the 142/142A

Beech Lane/Love Lane/Worcester Lane/Redlake Road (Norton is set to lose buses as the 10A/C are getting withdrawn.

Sedgley Road East (Tipton) is also set to lose buses with the cuts to the 42
From what the TfWM website says, 10A/C is being replaced with service 88 between Stourbridge and Norton operated by Kev's coaches.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Westy

Quote from: Rachvince53 on December 13, 2022, 07:58:03 PMThe £25 pass is only valid on NX buses. The Nbus costing £27 is valid on any bus in the West Midlands (except Select Bus I think). 
Thought as much.

the trainbasher

QuoteFrom what the TfWM website says, 10A/C is being replaced with service 88 between Stourbridge and Norton operated by Kev's coaches.
Kevs seem to have done well this tender round

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

BBS

QuoteKevs seem to have done well this tender round
They managed to get some key routes. Hope they do well 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Jack D

Steve3229vp

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

metrocity

Quote from: Jack D on December 14, 2022, 10:11:47 AM96 extended to Birmingham airport

I think this is only evenings and Sundays unless there has been a last minute change

Rachvince53

Although not 100% certain, I think it's all day as the Kingstanding to Erdington section will also run after 6pm and on Sundays according to TfWM implying the full route including the new extension will operate daily all day.

Jack D

Really good extension, nice to see some investment in the 96 service. Wander what route it will take to the airport? Coleshill heath road getting a service again?

monkeyjoe

If so will they coordinate times with x12 so works out 15 min frequency between c wood and airport

EK40

Quote from: Jack D on December 14, 2022, 10:11:47 AM96 extended to Birmingham airport
better off now adding another 6 and reviving the 966 lmao

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk