News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bus Services axed/changed from 1st January 2023

Started by 2206, October 11, 2022, 07:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

QuoteIt'll be interesting to see what the TfWM bus maps look like, when this is all finished.

Is there any roads completely losing bus service?
In Dudley borough, South Road (Norton), High Street/Market Street/Lower High Street/Crown Lane (Stourbridge) and Leys Road (Brockmoor) are all set to lose bus services as the 251 was to be replaced by the 25 Stourbridge - Dudley service (in favour of the 250 routing)

Belle Vale (Cradley) is set to lose buses as the 17H is getting withdrawn

Banner Lane/Colman Hill (Cradley) is set to lose buses as the 28 is getting withdrawn

Union Street (Lye) is set to lose bus services as the 298/299 is getting merged into the 142/142A

Beech Lane/Love Lane/Worcester Lane/Redlake Road (Norton is set to lose buses as the 10A/C are getting withdrawn.

Sedgley Road East (Tipton) is also set to lose buses with the cuts to the 42

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

hlliwmai

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 11, 2022, 06:03:19 PMSedgley Road East (Tipton) is also set to lose buses with the cuts to the 42

Are you referring to that fact it will ONLY be Diamond operating the route come January and NOT National Express?

the trainbasher

QuoteAre you referring to that fact it will ONLY be Diamond operating the route come January and NOT National Express?
The 42 is getting cut to run Tipton to West Brom as well

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

winston

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 11, 2022, 06:03:19 PMBelle Vale (Cradley) is set to lose buses as the 17H is getting withdrawn
A new tender for the 17 (H) went out

the trainbasher

QuoteA new tender for the 17 (H) went out
Ah, fair enough, I was going on what the NX site was saying

Stu

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 11, 2022, 06:46:49 PMThe 42 is getting cut to run Tipton to West Brom as well
Quote from: the trainbasher on December 11, 2022, 07:05:49 PMAh, fair enough, I was going on what the NX site was saying
Do you have a link please as there's nothing shown on the NX site yet?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

the trainbasher

BBS

Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

MasterPlan

Services with increases in frequency: 1, 4/4A, 7, 11A/11C, 14, 28 (M-F), 35, 61, 63 and 72

Surprised at that to be honest. Especially given all of those have a pretty high frequency or combined frequency already.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

ellspurs

Quote from: MasterPlan on December 11, 2022, 11:23:56 PMServices with increases in frequency: 1, 4/4A, 7, 11A/11C, 14, 28 (M-F), 35, 61, 63 and 72

Surprised at that to be honest. Especially given all of those have a pretty high frequency or combined frequency already.
A lot of frequencies were reduced in December.

Rachvince53

Any clue about who's taking over the 27/27A (wolves - dudley) or 17 (Stourbridge-Dudley)?  Minor changes to WN 15/16 too.

BNH2004

Quote from: Rachvince53 on December 12, 2022, 03:15:58 PMAny clue about who's taking over the 27/27A (wolves - dudley) or 17 (Stourbridge-Dudley)?  Minor changes to WN 15/16 too.
15/16 is only timetable changes

Jack D

Nothing published on Tfwm today, anything posted elsewhere?

Ginger66

Quote from: Stu on December 11, 2022, 07:45:29 PMDo you have a link please as there's nothing shown on the NX site yet?
I remember the original 42 aka the 402 and it was run to central avenue Tipton from West Bromwich.

Hopefully having one operator for 42 and 43 will make things better for passengers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk