News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus Services axed/changed from 1st January 2023

Started by 2206, October 11, 2022, 07:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterPlan

Quote from: Mike K on December 21, 2022, 07:34:06 PMDo these journeys inter-work with the X22 at Bartley Green, as in return to city as an X22? Otherwise it's strange, it's one stop and a journey time saving of 1 minute each way.
I think they do that at the minute in the evenings post like 6-7pm. So an X21 will go into Romsley Road and run dead to Wood Lane to do a X22 to City and vice versa with outbound X22s - and also in the City Centre. Maybe cutting out dead running between the termini helps somehow? Although, as you say, there's not much of a distance between them anyway.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

BBS

QuoteDiamond = Gods gift to bus operations don't make me laugh....
Having a Van operate your local route is God's gift i can't 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

hlliwmai

Quote from: BBS on December 21, 2022, 11:05:15 PMHaving a Van operate your local route is God's gift i can't 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yeah Iceland or Asda spring to mind....

Mike K

Quote from: MasterPlan on December 21, 2022, 10:48:08 PMI think they do that at the minute in the evenings post like 6-7pm. So an X21 will go into Romsley Road and run dead to Wood Lane to do a X22 to City and vice versa with outbound X22s - and also in the City Centre. Maybe cutting out dead running between the termini helps somehow? Although, as you say, there's not much of a distance between them anyway.
Slightly strange one then as it only saves about 400 metres in dead mileage and I can't imagine it results in a reduced evening vehicle requirement. Maybe at night most people have alighted by Wood Lane - if you want the war memorial end of Romsley Road it's probably quicker to get off at the Adams Hill / Romsley Road stop and walk than it is to stay on the bus and wait for it to get round to the terminus. 

Steve3229vp

I find strange and disappointing that the new 16 co-ordinated timetable only shows NX journeys on the NX website, but all NX and Diamond journeys are shown on the timetable on the Diamond bus website. Why ?

mikestone

I would guess that NX have their own database but Diamond take their information from the PTE one?

Westy

Slightly off topic but why is the Wa 31/32 timetable on the Nx site still in the 'old' format,  compared to other timetables?

Rachvince53

Quote from: Westy on December 13, 2022, 07:29:32 PMI've been asked by a work colleague about the 17 & 27 as well, as one of her kids uses a bus pass with those routes, so she's obviously concerned whether the pass is valid or not.

She sent me a screenshot of the pass receipt & it said a child regional at £25, which suggests to me, it's a Nx only pass, as it doesn't mention Nbus anywhere!

Further to your comment, the last 27 from Wolves will be at 1734. Similarly from Dudley, last 27A leaves 30 minutes before. No Sunday service. 

Quote from: Rachvince53 on December 30, 2022, 02:42:55 PMFurther to your comment, the last 27 from Wolves will be at 1734. Similarly from Dudley, last 27A leaves 30 minutes before. No Sunday service.
Thats not what the timetable says.

Diamond have the contract to run late evening/sunday services.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

the trainbasher

I believe there were 2 seperate tenders. Doing a quick back of the envelope calculation, it looks like the evening service will be self contained (instead of how WN do it by interworking it with the 7)

Also, looking at the timings, it seems the DIAM 81 might be interworking on a evening with the 18 at Dudley

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Rachvince53

Quote from: 2206 on December 30, 2022, 02:49:55 PMThats not what the timetable says.

Diamond have the contract to run late evening/sunday services.
I agree, however TfWM gives the impression that there's no evening or Sunday service. I can only imagine that TfWM are as usual late....

Stu

Only noticed today that the Sunday daytime journeys on the 27 (YW) now only operate between Maypole and Longbridge station, not continuing to Cofton Hackett.

Which kind of makes sense, now WB are operating the 20 (QE to Cofton Hackett).
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ginger66

Just looked at the 30 timetable from West Bromwich to Stone Cross via great bridge and noticed that the timetable is very poor with the last bus from Great Bridge directly to stone cross is at 17:17 to get to stone cross for roughly half past five Monday to Saturday, this means after 17:17 workers have to go via West Bromwich either on 42/43/74.  

metrocity

Quote from: Ginger66 on January 01, 2023, 08:01:46 PMJust looked at the 30 timetable from West Bromwich to Stone Cross via great bridge and noticed that the timetable is very poor with the last bus from Great Bridge directly to stone cross is at 17:17 to get to stone cross for roughly half past five Monday to Saturday, this means after 17:17 workers have to go via West Bromwich either on 42/43/74. 
When it was the 459 about ten years ago the last bus was about 2pm ! I doubt many workers travel from Great Bridge to Stone Cross?

ellspurs

And if they were, it seems like going via West Bromwich would be more convenient and quicker? The 30 seems to take all the back roads whereas it's a straight run into West Brom on the 74 and then a straight run up to Stone Cross on whatever the other one is? It looks more like a shoppers' bus than a commuter bus.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk