News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leewhayward29

Quote from: Westy on June 07, 2015, 07:34:49 AM
Well that 25 takes well over an hour to do Bloxwich to Kingstanding so if a route like that can be operated .....

What would you have doing the route?
Bus services in my local area and where I live

31 -  Walsall to Mossley via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and Dennis Trident ALX400                     

32 - Walsall to Lower Farm via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are:- Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and ADL Enviro400

69 - Walsall to Wolverhampton via Beechdale, New Invention, Wood End and New Cross Hospital. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE, Dennis Trident ALX400 and ADL Enviro200

529   - Wolverhampton to Walsall via willenhall. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses Used are:- ADL Enviro400 MMC   Dennis Trident ALX400, ADL Enviro400H   (Platinum bus service)

Westy

leewhayward29

Bus services in my local area and where I live

31 -  Walsall to Mossley via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and Dennis Trident ALX400                     

32 - Walsall to Lower Farm via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are:- Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and ADL Enviro400

69 - Walsall to Wolverhampton via Beechdale, New Invention, Wood End and New Cross Hospital. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE, Dennis Trident ALX400 and ADL Enviro200

529   - Wolverhampton to Walsall via willenhall. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses Used are:- ADL Enviro400 MMC   Dennis Trident ALX400, ADL Enviro400H   (Platinum bus service)

John

Quote from: monkeyjoe on June 07, 2015, 12:07:00 AM
71 used to go under the Mackadown bridge but the 17 still actually does.

The 71 goes under a low bridge in Castle Vale

Westy

Quote from: leewhayward29 on June 07, 2015, 09:29:25 AM
Yea

Well if Arriva still did the route, the existing Darts would be suitable.

Same with Diamond.

Nx own existing small vehicles are already committed plus they probably wouldnt bid low enough anyway if they did bother.

Reece

S3 > Should be extended from Wythall to Redditch to offer more direct links to Solihull and then cut the Hockley Heath / Dorridge section. That then can be operated by the S2/S4 which could then can be extended to Hockley Heath rather than finishing in Dorridge and offer Hockley Heath a half hourly service rather than hourly one so win win situation if you ask me.

Kevin

Quote from: Reece on June 14, 2015, 02:13:54 PM
S3 > Should be extended from Wythall to Redditch to offer more direct links to Solihull and then cut the Hockley Heath / Dorridge section. That then can be operated by the S2/S4 which could then can be extended to Hockley Heath rather than finishing in Dorridge and offer Hockley Heath a half hourly service rather than hourly one so win win situation if you ask me.

Something I've genuinely wondered about before is why something more isn't made of a Redditch - Solihull service, especially now with Diamond having such a presence in both areas.
I would have suggested either extending the S2 from Cheswick Green through Earlswood and Wood End (sizable population there without a reasonable bus service) or run the S3 more direct straight from Dickens Heath to Wythall and then as per the X50... Or indeed both, lol
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Reece

Quote from: Kevin on June 14, 2015, 02:42:03 PM
Something I've genuinely wondered about before is why something more isn't made of a Redditch - Solihull service, especially now with Diamond having such a presence in both areas.
I would have suggested either extending the S2 from Cheswick Green through Earlswood and Wood End (sizable population there without a reasonable bus service) or run the S3 more direct straight from Dickens Heath to Wythall and then as per the X50... Or indeed both, lol
@Simon Dunn please take note the S3 would be an even more popular service if it extended to Redditch even if it was just a 2 month trial.

Tony

Quote from: Reece on June 14, 2015, 02:54:22 PM
@Simon Dunn please take note the S3 would be an even more popular service if it extended to Redditch even if it was just a 2 month trial.

Have you surveyed all these possible passengers? would there be enough of them to pay a high enough fare to pay the cost of an extra vehicle?

A two month trial is almost impossible to do, do you register it, then almost immediately deregister it to give the required 56 days notice of cancellation before you know if people were going to use it. If not then you have to leave it running for another 56 days at the end of two months costing a lot of money carrying no-one.

That is why most operators actually do a lot of research before starting a route and don't just do it on a whim, or a thought that it might work

Westy

Not too familiar with the Diamond services in the Southern Black Country/Kidderminster area, but is there any services linking the 2 areas?

I can only think of the 192 between Kiddy & Halesowen.

the trainbasher

And the 147 Halesowen to Bromsgrove to Worcester
202 Halesowen to Bromsgrove too

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Reece

Quote from: Westy on June 14, 2015, 05:50:42 PM
Not too familiar with the Diamond services in the Southern Black Country/Kidderminster area, but is there any services linking the 2 areas?

I can only think of the 192 between Kiddy & Halesowen.

The 580 to Kinver from Kidderminster which only runs twice a day.

Liberator9

@Reece

No way would those kind of plans for the S2/S3 work - barely any demand really for Solihull-Redditch by bus - would be too long a journey to be worthwhile. Can't simply scrap the S3 Knowle section which is well used and vital. Hockley Heath already has a bus every half hour as well! If anything I'd want the 40A/40C reinstated. The S3 shortened between Solihull and Wythall/Dickens Heath, and the old 151 reintroduced between Solihull and Hockley Heath, although extended round to Cheswick Green either from the Dorridge end or Solihull end. 

Steveminor

I agree with liberator. Having operated both the x50  & the s7 at Ampm.  Oops sorry solihull travel.
We offered that tickets brought on  either service could be used on the other so that people could travel from solihull to redditch & both services connected at maypole.
The amount of people that took up this option.
15 throughout the entire time we operated both routes.

The Fox 4846

33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk