News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Service Changes 23/04/2017

Started by 2206, March 01, 2017, 04:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Steve3229vp on March 15, 2017, 07:11:16 PM
Have I read it right that the 3 will now terminate at Yardley Wood (Slade Lane), if it is correct is the Yardley Wood to Shirley section being replaced by something else ?

That reads like it the section between  YW and Shirley was being funded and now it's stopped (the funding I mean).

AndrewLee

Quote from: Mike K on March 15, 2017, 06:35:49 PM
Not only will it not be Limited Stop, it'll be one of the slower more convoluted routes in the city, that doesn't see much of a stretch of any main road.

Expect it will be renumbered 21 in due course  ;)

Regarding the Great Park Rota (or University Rota after these changes). I'm hearing that two months after these changes there will be another shake up of these routes.

AndrewLee

Quote from: sonic84 on March 15, 2017, 06:48:02 PM
Yes, just posted in the Hansons thread that I am surprised to see the 004 increased again the half hourly as they appeared to have lost a lot of passengers to Diamond on the 142 whenever I have seen it. Do we know what the 004 amended route will be in Harbone. I can picture it stopping short at the Swimming baths.

Looking on the web page have I understood this correctly? It states the 142 will be Stourbridge to Halesowen. Does this mean it will cease to go to QE?

sonic84

I took it that only refers to the evening and Sunday journeys between Stourbridge and Halesowen which are swapping from Arriva to Diamond, and the Monday to Saturday daytime extension to the QE is unchanged

MasterPlan

Quote from: AndrewLee on March 15, 2017, 07:47:47 PM
Regarding the Great Park Rota (or University Rota after these changes). I'm hearing that two months after these changes there will be another shake up of these routes.

Why?
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

sonic84

Wouldn't surprise me if recent changes are to go by. 244 cut back to Halesowen and extended to QE a couple of months later.... X61 introduced bypassing Selly Oak, and X64 then rerouted away from Bristol road 5 months later.

Trident 4194

Looks like diamond loosing Halesowen-QE section? 142 will now serve bassnage road- competition with NX 4H?

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 15, 2017, 08:38:38 PM
Looks like diamond loosing Halesowen-QE section? 142 will now serve bassnage road- competition with NX 4H?
It looks like that only refers to the tendered journeys won from Arriva.
Quote from: sonic84 on March 15, 2017, 07:57:49 PM
I took it that only refers to the evening and Sunday journeys between Stourbridge and Halesowen which are swapping from Arriva to Diamond, and the Monday to Saturday daytime extension to the QE is unchanged
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Mike K

I should imagine the X64 will be long overdue another change by then. I don't think I know of another NXWM route that's been changed so much since introduction. Two changes to the city centre terminus, timetable amendments, re-routed from Great Park, extended to Woodgate via Kitwell, changed to no longer serve Kitwell, re-routed to serve the QE, changed to run along the 98 route to QE and no longer serve the Bristol Road. Have I missed any?

It started out as the 'Bristol Road Express'. It's no longer an express and serves about 3 stops on the Bristol Road. If you catch this from the Bangham Pit or Weoley Castle areas into town it must be a bit of a magical mystery tour wondering what route it's going to take this week.

sonic84

Quote from: Mike K on March 15, 2017, 08:52:19 PM
I should imagine the X64 will be long overdue another change by then. I don't think I know of another NXWM route that's been changed so much since introduction. Two changes to the city centre terminus, timetable amendments, re-routed from Great Park, extended to Woodgate via Kitwell, changed to no longer serve Kitwell, re-routed to serve the QE, changed to run along the 98 route to QE and no longer serve the Bristol Road. Have I missed any?

It started out as the 'Bristol Road Express'. It's no longer an express and serves about 3 stops on the Bristol Road. If you catch this from the Bangham Pit or Weoley Castle areas into town it must be a bit of a magical mystery tour wondering what route it's going to take this week.

It ran via Gibbons Road for about 3 weeks when it was diverted to the hospital before being reinstated to run to Selly Oak and Weoley Park Road too.

It also has used paradise circus, Colmore Row and Priory Queensway as the city centre terminus.

Dom

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 15, 2017, 07:12:57 PM
I don't get why, instead of having a half hourly 289 and a every twenty 120A running on that section between Oldbury and Blackheath, they don't make alternate 289s into 289A and have that run via the 89 route. This means no extra vehicles are needed

And just cause unnecessary confusion for people, yeah the 120A isn't the mot simple idea but it's not as easy to make the mistake

Sh4318

Quote from: Stu on March 15, 2017, 07:08:17 PM
I see they have scrapped the 83 in favour of a 'new' 80A service.

Also I see this new 120A service will operate hourly at evenings and on Sundays. So does this mean then that the Oldbury-Dudley section of the 120 will be reduced to hourly at these times? (With the 120 and 120A combining to maintain the 30min frequency between Oldbury and Birmingham)

I would hope so, 3 buses an hour on Sundays between Oldbury & Birmingham seems a bit overkill. There will be 5 buses an hour between Blackheath & Oldbury via Lion Farm - Monday to Saturdays
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

MasterPlan

Quote from: sonic84 on March 15, 2017, 09:15:45 PM
It ran via Gibbons Road for about 3 weeks when it was diverted to the hospital before being reinstated to run to Selly Oak and Weoley Park Road too.

It also has used paradise circus, Colmore Row and Priory Queensway as the city centre terminus.

To my knowledge the X64 has never used Colemore Row.

It terminated on Corporation Street by the Square Peg for a while though.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

monkeyjoe

Where are the east Brum changes especially the 966 I want to know

sonic84

Quote from: MasterPlan on March 15, 2017, 10:44:08 PM
To my knowledge the X64 has never used Colemore Row.

It terminated on Corporation Street by the Square Peg for a while though.

When the X62 was withdrawn and replaced with the 98, the 98, 99 & X64 terminus was Colmore Row, but due to reliability it was cut back to Priory Queensway, then Corporation Street and now Priory Queensway again.

It used to call at New Street, Moor Street and Priory Queenswsy before finishing at Colmore Row... Then did the reverse route out if the city centre.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk