News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Whittles

Started by Tomjusttom, October 23, 2012, 09:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamwilljh92

Quote from: StourportSam on December 15, 2014, 09:58:34 PM
Quote from: Ced on December 15, 2014, 08:16:31 PM
Quote from: Will on December 15, 2014, 08:06:08 PM
Quote from: Ced on December 15, 2014, 07:58:19 PM
Quote from: Will on December 15, 2014, 07:53:12 PM
Quote from: LM 172 on December 15, 2014, 07:49:03 PM
Quote from: Will on December 15, 2014, 07:47:46 PM
Quote from: Ced on December 15, 2014, 07:43:56 PM
Quote from: Winston on December 15, 2014, 06:24:28 PM
Quote from: Will on December 15, 2014, 06:08:20 PM
Quote from: moley67 on December 15, 2014, 06:00:32 PM
been told by bus driver diamonds buses still buying whittle so what to believe ?

Nope I have it on good authority that they have indeed pulled out of the deal because I am lead to believe Shropshire Council hadn't taken the news that Diamond were buying the coach side of the business with great pleasure and it is them who have scuppered the deal

What's Shropshire Council got to do with the proposed takeover? Is that who supported the school routes that scuppered the deal?
no it Worcestershire  council  supported the school routes

No it isnt Cedric!!

Yes it is Will

No because Shropshire Council have a contract with Whittle to do the Bridgnorth school runs
will tell me which bridgnorth school runs whittles do ?  the only school runs I know they do are the one in Kidderminster to the wolverly school

Right then Whittle send 3 coaches from Kidderminster every school day to Highley they pick up the school kids from all the villages in between Highley & Bridgnorth and then they go to Bridgnorth Endowed and Oldbury Wells
Will I have just look up the name of the school as the name rang a bell it is a private school and at one time whittles had at lest one coach  lettered with the school  name instead of whittles. and the school has nothing to do with SCC the contract is directly with the school

Will is completely correct. I travel on the Bridgnorth to Highley road very frequently and every school day there are three coaches come from Bridgnorth and drop kids off in Highley etc. I should think SC (there is no county council, just Shropshire Council, it has been a unitary authority since 2009) would have something to do with it being the local authority.

Sam!,
I could kiss you! Nobody on here would believe me I'm glad there's someone who knew what I was talking about thank you :D

moley67

Rotala diamond not buying whittle coaches ?

Cedric

Quote from: StourportSam on December 15, 2014, 09:58:34 PM
Quote from: Ced on December 15, 2014, 08:16:31 PM
Quote from: Will on December 15, 2014, 08:06:08 PM
Quote from: Ced on December 15, 2014, 07:58:19 PM
Quote from: Will on December 15, 2014, 07:53:12 PM
Quote from: LM 172 on December 15, 2014, 07:49:03 PM
Quote from: Will on December 15, 2014, 07:47:46 PM
Quote from: Ced on December 15, 2014, 07:43:56 PM
Quote from: Winston on December 15, 2014, 06:24:28 PM
Quote from: Will on December 15, 2014, 06:08:20 PM
Quote from: moley67 on December 15, 2014, 06:00:32 PM
been told by bus driver diamonds buses still buying whittle so what to believe ?

Nope I have it on good authority that they have indeed pulled out of the deal because I am lead to believe Shropshire Council hadn't taken the news that Diamond were buying the coach side of the business with great pleasure and it is them who have scuppered the deal

What's Shropshire Council got to do with the proposed takeover? Is that who supported the school routes that scuppered the deal?
no it Worcestershire  council  supported the school routes

No it isnt Cedric!!

Yes it is Will

No because Shropshire Council have a contract with Whittle to do the Bridgnorth school runs
will tell me which bridgnorth school runs whittles do ?  the only school runs I know they do are the one in Kidderminster to the wolverly school

Right then Whittle send 3 coaches from Kidderminster every school day to Highley they pick up the school kids from all the villages in between Highley & Bridgnorth and then they go to Bridgnorth Endowed and Oldbury Wells
Will I have just look up the name of the school as the name rang a bell it is a private school and at one time whittles had at lest one coach  lettered with the school  name instead of whittles. and the school has nothing to do with SCC the contract is directly with the school

Will is completely correct. I travel on the Bridgnorth to Highley road very frequently and every school day there are three coaches come from Bridgnorth and drop kids off in Highley etc. I should think SC (there is no county council, just Shropshire Council, it has been a unitary authority since 2009) would have something to do with it being the local authority.
Sam   when will said the name of the school I looked it up and it is a private school and the contract is direct  wth the school
here is a link to the website http://bridgnorthendowed.co.uk/news/page/4/
diamond 8\10/125/292

Tony

Quote from: moley67 on December 15, 2014, 10:15:36 PM
Rotala diamond not buying whittle coaches ?

Why do you doubt what I put? you have put your doubts on here once and I explained where my info comes from, so you post another queery?

moley67

soory i get confused with everything . im sorry tony.

Cedric

Will & sam
I owe you both a aplogy , I  have realized we where talking about 2 differnet type of services
I was talking about the school services like in Kidderminster  ,  the contracts which you
both where talking about do not bear a service number,  and general not advertised
public only to the school who pass it on to parents,  and unlike a school  service
the drivers are usual the same one and they get to know  the children who use it
. one again sorry cedric
diamond 8\10/125/292

Cedric

just spotted this
PD0001660/45 - WORCESTERSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL T/A INTEGRATED TRANSPORT SERVICES UNIT, PAVILLION E1, COUNTY HALL, SPETCHLEY ROAD, WORCESTER, WR5 2NP

Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Kidderminster Bus Station
Finish Point: Bockleys Walk, Kinver
Via: The Luck Inn, Wolverley, Kingsford Caravan Park
Service Number: 580
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 05-JAN-2015
Other Details: Monday to Saturday
think one buses is all they will need as it is only 2 run each way a day uuuuuuuuuuuuuu===============================================================================

diamond 8\10/125/292

Other Walsall Tony

Quote from: Ced on December 16, 2014, 03:40:54 PM
just spotted this
PD0001660/45 - WORCESTERSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL T/A INTEGRATED TRANSPORT SERVICES UNIT, PAVILLION E1, COUNTY HALL, SPETCHLEY ROAD, WORCESTER, WR5 2NP

think one buses is all they will need as it is only 2 run each way a day uuuuuuuuuuuuuu===============================================================================

Lock Inn?
Tony

Cedric

Quote from: Other Walsall Tony on December 16, 2014, 04:46:05 PM
Quote from: Ced on December 16, 2014, 03:40:54 PM
just spotted this

Lock Inn?
tony
did not notice  that error the lock in is a nice canal side pub at wolverly
diamond 8\10/125/292

111 Roughley

Does anyone know the Council's thinking behind having an 'in-house' bus operator like Woosh? Is it because no-one else is interested in operating the route or wants too much money to do so?

Cedric

Just been  reading the online version  of the
Kidderminster  shuttle  a item in there timed
At 16.59 announced  the sale of whittles  to
Johnson s of Henley in arden
diamond 8\10/125/292

Cheese

Quote from: 111 Roughley on December 16, 2014, 05:13:44 PM
Does anyone know the Council's thinking behind having an 'in-house' bus operator like Woosh? Is it because no-one else is interested in operating the route or wants too much money to do so?

More than likely a bit of both. The 580 was part of a package of routes previously I believe and on its own would not be worth much I suspect.

John

Quote from: Ced on December 16, 2014, 06:16:01 PM
Just been  reading the online version  of the
Kidderminster  shuttle  a item in there timed
At 16.59 announced  the sale of whittles  to
Johnson s of Henley in arden

Article on Hereford Times as well

http://www.herefordtimes.com/news/regional/11670529.Bus_services_set_to_be_saved/?ref=rss

Cedric

For more  there is a article  on  bus & coach.com
diamond 8\10/125/292

Reece

There is a statement about the sale on Whittles website.

http://www.whittlecoach.co.uk/index.asp

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk