News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Whittles

Started by Tomjusttom, October 23, 2012, 09:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Diamond have bought the coaches (not NX which are going to NXWM)

Reece

Quote from: Tony on December 11, 2014, 07:33:49 AM

So basically Diamond have bought Whittle Coaches then?
The Whittle name will die out under Diamond then. :(

Cedric

Quote from: LM 172 on December 11, 2014, 07:59:00 AM

So basically Diamond have bought Whittle Coaches then?
The Whittle name will die out under Diamond then. :(
I would think so ?.
diamond 8\10/125/292

Reece

Simon might know if the Whittle name might stay or go?

iamwilljh92

Quote from: LM 172 on December 11, 2014, 08:12:25 AM
Simon might know if the Whittle name will stay or go?

I doubt it mate as all the coach stuff Rotala operate is under the name of "Flights Hallmark" so I'd imagine that they will all be re-sprayed and re-branded as that on another note it is interesting what Tony wrote on here yesterday from "Route 1" it appears that the service buses are going back to East Yorkshire once finished with Whittle although I thought about that yesterday and I reckon Rotala will offer to buy some of them I have a theory Simon will buy all the Whittle Darts (apart from the MPD's) for Kidderminster and he'll buy the Enviro's for Redditch or Long Acre I don't think he will acquire the Volvo's as Rotala to my knowledge don't own any Volvo B6's

Tony

Quote from: Will on December 11, 2014, 08:27:00 AM

I doubt it mate as all the coach stuff Rotala operate is under the name of "Flights Hallmark" so I'd imagine that they will all be re-sprayed and re-branded as that on another note it is interesting what Tony wrote on here yesterday from "Route 1" it appears that the service buses are going back to East Yorkshire once finished with Whittle although I thought about that yesterday and I reckon Rotala will offer to buy some of them I have a theory Simon will buy all the Whittle Darts (apart from the MPD's) for Kidderminster and he'll buy the Enviro's for Redditch or Long Acre I don't think he will acquire the Volvo's as Rotala to my knowledge don't own any Volvo B6's

So basically your calling the owner/MD of EYMS a liar

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Tony on December 11, 2014, 08:35:56 AM
Quote from: Will on December 11, 2014, 08:27:00 AM

So basically your calling the owner/MD of EYMS a liar

Huh?! 😳 No!! All I'm saying is I would hope that Diamond buy the Darts/Enviros off them as it'd be a shame to see them go

Cedric

everyone  is just going to wait and see what does happen  , nobody realy knows yet
what is going to happen , we including myself will just have to stop gussing  ,  and not
ask simon  about whats   happing. about it , as I bet he his busy. know I have posted
things about the whittle situation  which  came from good friends who worked there
but have now left, so I have no contacts there  now
diamond 8\10/125/292

winston

I wasn't expecting the buyer to be Rotala, I didn't think they were interested in coach holidays / tours etc. I expect the Whittle's name & livery will be retained as it has a good name / reputation in the area. The newly acquired coach business may just move in to Diamond's KR depot or alternatively Long Acre

Tony

Quote from: Winston on December 11, 2014, 11:08:18 AM

I wasn't expecting the buyer to be Rotala, I didn't think they were interested in coach holidays / tours etc. I expect the Whittle's name & livery will be retained as it has a good name / reputation in the area. The newly acquired coach business may just move in to Diamond's KR depot or alternatively Long Acre

Yes the coaches are going to be kept at Kidderminster

Reece

Maybe Rotala will have a heart and keep the Whittle name and rebrand all Hallmark Coaches as Whittle Coaches because its a more established company than Hallmark is. Whittle is also a well respected company in the industry.

Cedric

Quote from: LM 172 on December 11, 2014, 11:34:08 AM

Maybe Rotala will have a heart and keep the Whittle name and re-brand all Hallmark Coaches as Whittle Coaches because its a more established company than Hallmark is. Whittle is also a well respected company in the industry.
Recce  the Flights part  of the of the Rotala group has been going  a long time  and also well respect  in the industry and if I remember right they
used to do holidays and day trips, and private hire, and where a family firm m I believe on of the flight family is a director of Rotala  do not much about the hallmark  side as the are from down south. could one of the members   from  the west midlands area  help me was it flights coaches that had the  dorsal fin on the back.  recce you and will are far to young to remember  this.  and Flights/Hallmark provide  team coaches for football teams  such as Aston Villa  ,
diamond 8\10/125/292

Cedric

Quote from: Ced on December 11, 2014, 09:25:13 AM
    everyone  is just going to wait and see what does happen  , nobody realy knows yet
what is going to happen , we including myself will just have to stop gussing  ,  and not
ask simon  about whats   happing. about it , as I bet he his busy. know I have posted
things about the whittle situation  which  came from good friends who worked there

Maybe even diamonds Kidderminster operation  might be renamed , if the  whittle name  has been bought as well  . 
diamond 8\10/125/292

Reece

Quote from: Ced on December 11, 2014, 12:09:42 PM
Quote from: Ced on December 11, 2014, 09:25:13 AM

Maybe even diamonds Kidderminster operation  might be renamed , if the  whittle name  has been bought as well  .

Ced let's hope Diamond have purchased the Whittle name as we'll then.

notepanel

I find it amazing no-one seems to have picked up on, what I find to be, an interesting part of Tony's post this morning.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk