News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Whittles

Started by Tomjusttom, October 23, 2012, 09:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reece

Quote from: notepanel on December 11, 2014, 12:34:26 PM
I find it amazing no-one seems to have picked up on, what I find to be, an interesting part of Tony's post this morning.

Do you mean Whittles NX coaches going to NXWM.

iamwilljh92

Quote from: LM 172 on December 11, 2014, 12:37:23 PM
I find it amazing no-one seems to have picked up on, what I find to be, an interesting part of Tony's post this morning.

Do you mean Whittles NX coaches going to NXWM.

I already knew that - yes they're moving the NX work over to NXWM's Walsall garage according to a mate of mine

Cedric

Notepanel   seeing  no one picked up  that interesting point of tonys post
please do point it out to us all
diamond 8\10/125/292

Tony

This is the wording of the Rotala press release, so yes, they have acquired the Whittle name

Whittles - Aquisition of Coaching Business
We are pleased to announce that following the recent news that Whittle Bus and Coach were
to close from late January that we have finalised a deal with East Yorkshire Motor Service
to purchase the trade and some assets relating to coaching, excursions and school contract
business of Whittle Coach & Bus.
The purchase includes 7 coaches, transfer of contracted drivers, various equipment, coaching
order book and excursion programme, along with rights to the Whittle trading name.
We expect to complete the purchase in the first two weeks of January 2015.
The coaching unit will fall into our Diamond Bus operating company and will operate from our
existing Kidderminster depot.

Reece

Quote from: Tony on December 11, 2014, 01:06:17 PM
This is the wording of the Rotala press release, so yes, they have acquired the Whittle name

We are pleased to announce that following the recent news that Whittle Bus and Coach were
to close from late January that we have finalised a deal with East Yorkshire Motor Service
to purchase the trade and some assets relating to coaching, excursions and school contract
The purchase includes 7 coaches, transfer of contracted drivers, various equipment, coaching
order book and excursion programme, along with rights to the Whittle trading name.
The coaching unit will fall into our Diamond Bus operating company and will operate from our

We'll at least some jobs have been saved as well as the Whittle name which will live on. 7 coaches out of the 11 they could of had. I guess that Diamond have got 6 Plaxton Panthers not including YN60FLR and maybe they also could of got FC07MCF for the Harriers football team coach as we'll. This is what I think.

PM

Great news all round this!

Maybe Hallmark coaching at LAC could also move across so as coaches are concentrated at Kidderminster?

Hopefully Rotala will persevere with the day trips/holidays as not many groups want to these days!

BN

Quote from: moley67 on December 10, 2014, 11:07:17 PM
Quote from: Ced on December 10, 2014, 06:13:58 PM
Did post this before  the 2 used to be every 1/2 hour and
2A/2C used to be every  1/2 hour and as the 2 is replacing
The 2A/2C  a bus 🚌  every 40 minutes  will not be enough
At peak times.I known  the 2L is shown  on the same timetable
But that's  is just the section. That runs over the same ground
the 2L is a completely sperate service
Is the NX service  444 Hereford  London   a whittles  service  as
I see  on today's  vosas  it's  being changed  in febuary

What is being changed on 444 Febuary ?

444 from Hereford is Yeomans.

The whittles 444 is from Worcester.

Tony

NXWM are now advertising for coach drivers at Walsall on the internet, see very bottom of this page

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Tony on December 11, 2014, 06:50:57 PM

NXWM are now advertising for coach drivers at Walsall on the internet, see very bottom of this page

Ahh so my mate was right then!

winston

Quote from: LM 172 on December 11, 2014, 01:51:01 PM

We'll at least some jobs have been saved as well as the Whittle name which will live on. 7 coaches out of the 11 they could of had. I guess that Diamond have got 6 Plaxton Panthers not including YN60FLR and maybe they also could of got FC07MCF for the Harriers football team coach as we'll. This is what I think.

I suspect the 7 coaches acquired might be Whittle's 15-20 & 24. The two newest i.e. 21 & 23 will be amongst the 4 not acquired & possibly the two Levante.

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 11, 2014, 06:26:48 PM

Great news all round this!

Maybe Hallmark coaching at LAC could also move across so as coaches are concentrated at Kidderminster?

Hopefully Rotala will persevere with the day trips/holidays as not many groups want to these days!

I don't see the point of moving the Hallmark coaches over to KR, most of their work is centered on the other-side of B'ham. Certainly not until the fate of Long Acre is decided anyway, there's not benefit at present.

Reece

I have not seen Whittle Gold 24 FC07MCF around anyone seen it recently?

iamwilljh92

I am absolutely delighted that Diamond have bought the coaching side of Whittle I'm hoping that I can re-secure a position within Diamond Kiddy once they have acquired the coaches well I hope so anyway

Tony

The Diamond purchase of Whittle's coaching division has fallen through due to Diamond being unable to get the school contracts transferred and it is understood that Whittles have now received another offer from another operator that includes their site and more vehicles etc....

Solo1

Wonder if it now includes  the buses or is it to late to save that part

Tony

Quote from: Solo1 on December 15, 2014, 12:12:16 PM
Wonder if it now includes  the buses or is it to late to save that part

Depends whether it is a 'City Fox' type operator

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk