News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Whittles

Started by Tomjusttom, October 23, 2012, 09:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveminor

Don't let's go there again 😂

Cedric

Quote from: Steveminor on December 15, 2014, 02:12:10 PM
Don't let's go there again 😂
I agree steve lets hope  it is some local coach operator  with a good reputation   for service and clean vehicles and smart helpful friendly staff  ,
diamond 8\10/125/292

Reece

Quote from: Tony on December 15, 2014, 11:31:37 AM
The Diamond purchase of Whittle's coaching division has fallen through due to Diamond being unable to get the school contracts transferred and it is understood that Whittles have now received another offer from another operator that includes their site and more vehicles etc....

Thank goodness the Diamond offer fell through otherwise we would have had dirty Whittle Coaches as well as dirty Diamond buses in the town. Let's hope who ever it is has put in a offer for all 11 Whittles Coaches and kepted the Whittle name as we'll? :)

Cedric

Quote from: Solo1 on December 15, 2014, 12:12:16 PM
Wonder if it now includes  the buses or is it to late to save that part

Quote from: Solo1 on December 15, 2014, 12:12:16 PM
Wonder if it now includes  the buses or is it to late to save that part

I  doubt when you look at the bottom of this link and then clicked download
http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/downloads/file/4614/christmas_2014_wyre_forest_bus_information
think that's already decied  that is my take on the info on 5/1/15  others might read itdifferent  to me .
diamond 8\10/125/292

moley67

Thought the diamonds buses offer went through ? They not having it now ?

winston

Quote from: moley67 on December 15, 2014, 04:39:13 PM
Thought the diamonds buses offer went through ? They not having it now ?

No it wasn't going to be completed until mid Jan.

You might find someone else has come in with a higher offer?

moley67

oh dear wundur whooo its going too be .

moley67

been told by bus driver diamonds buses still buying whittle so what to believe ?

iamwilljh92

Quote from: moley67 on December 15, 2014, 06:00:32 PM
been told by bus driver diamonds buses still buying whittle so what to believe ?

Nope I have it on good authority that they have indeed pulled out of the deal because I am lead to believe Shropshire Council hadn't taken the news that Diamond were buying the coach side of the business with great pleasure and it is them who have scuppered the deal

Tony

Any information I post about Rotala/Diamond is from senior management. It is up to you what you personally believe, but I don't post 'canteen gossip' without saying it is canteen gossip.

The information I posted is from a staff notice to drivers issued today, so most drivers will not have seen it when you asked them

moley67

thankyou tony it was whittle bus driver spoke with

winston

Quote from: Will on December 15, 2014, 06:08:20 PM

Nope I have it on good authority that they have indeed pulled out of the deal because I am lead to believe Shropshire Council hadn't taken the news that Diamond were buying the coach side of the business with great pleasure and it is them who have scuppered the deal

What's Shropshire Council got to do with the proposed takeover? Is that who supported the school routes that scuppered the deal?

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Winston on December 15, 2014, 06:24:28 PM

What's Shropshire Council got to do with the proposed takeover? Is that who supported the school routes that scuppered the deal?

Yes mate that's it

winston

Quote from: Will on December 15, 2014, 06:25:23 PM

Yes mate that's it

I see, any idea why Diamond aren't very popular at Shropshire Council?

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Winston on December 15, 2014, 06:26:30 PM
Quote from: Will on December 15, 2014, 06:25:23 PM

Yes mate that's it

I see, any idea why Diamond aren't very popular at Shropshire Council?

I'm guessing maybe they think Diamond would end up being unreliable or something..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk