News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Whittles

Started by Tomjusttom, October 23, 2012, 09:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cedric

Quote from: DiamondDart on November 06, 2014, 01:03:50 PM
Well they've got over a month! Whittles haven't gone bust.

I imagine the 15 would regain the section between Stourport and Bewdley and be re-tendered.

Did anyone on here use this bit of the 2A/C to see how it was doing?

I don't imagine Diamond would want the 2A/C as it is unnecessarily confusing for passengers.

doubt if the 15 would regain  the stourport bewdley section   as now just some runs  (not sure how  many) go   from Kidderminster to stourport
most of if  runs  go to tescos stourport from different parts of the town . with the 2a it gets most people using it from Kidderminster to bewdley
and stourport  to  Kidderminster,   and the 2c  is the same but in reverse. the 7 is well  used  as are  the 125 and 192.  can not say about the 580  as it is only twice a day I have not seen much, and  with the 101 being up in bridgnorth know nothing about it the only other service I know about  are school ones
diamond 8\10/125/292

PM

Quote from: Ced on November 06, 2014, 03:04:02 PM

I imagine the 15 would regain the section between Stourport and Bewdley and be re-tendered.

I don't imagine Diamond would want the 2A/C as it is unnecessarily confusing for passengers.

doubt if the 15 would regain  the stourport bewdley section   as now just some runs  (not sure how  many) go   from Kidderminster to stourport
most of if  runs  go to tescos stourport from different parts of the town . with the 2a it gets most people using it from Kidderminster to bewdley
and stourport  to  Kidderminster,   and the 2c  is the same but in reverse. the 7 is well  used  as are  the 125 and 192.  can not say about the 580  as it is only twice a day I have not seen much, and  with the 101 being up in bridgnorth know nothing about it the only other service I know about  are school ones

Thanks for info Will and Ced!

Yes, the 2A does better as it competes with the Diamond 2 which doesn't seem that regular-that corridor should be able to support more than 2 Diamond buses per hour.

Whereas the 2C is trying to compete with the 3 from Kidderminster town hall when there's pretty much always one sat on stand loading.

I agree the 7 when I have seen it has had decent loadings vs the 15. I know only 1/2 journeys now continue to Bewdley but re-instating those as before would be the easiest way of keeping the Bewdley to Stourport link with a frequency that matches demand.

Cedric

Quote from: DiamondDart on November 06, 2014, 03:08:37 PM
Quote from: Ced on November 06, 2014, 03:04:02 PM

Thanks for info Will and Ced!

Yes, the 2A does better as it competes with the Diamond 2 which doesn't seem that regular-that corridor should be able to support more than 2 Diamond buses per hour.

Whereas the 2C is trying to compete with the 3 from Kidderminster town hall when there's pretty much always one sat on stand loading.

I agree the 7 when I have seen it has had decent loadings vs the 15. I know only 1/2 journeys now continue to Bewdley but re-instating those as before would be the easiest way of keeping the Bewdley to Stourport link with a frequency that matches demand.
just looked on the whittle timetable page to check  there ar only 2 journies between stourport and bewdley  and they are school days only a bit of the 2a/2c that is not covered by the 2 is the Queensway estate in bewdley
diamond 8\10/125/292

tank90

Interesting that someone on Midland Red net has said he/she believes that Whittle have been sold to a firm in North Shropshire. Now after doing a Google search I find GHA Coaches and they have a chappy from Diamond who moved to Your Bus and is now at GHA. If it is GHA I think Whittle would do well and Diamond might have a wee problem.

But that is if it is true.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Steveminor

I have it on good authority the 2A/C will finish on 17th November.  Diamond are altering a service slightly to cover part of it but wcc are not looking to tender it out. There is a bid for Whittles at the moment but the council are preparing for a worst case scenario.

PM

Quote from: Steveminor on November 06, 2014, 08:57:02 PM
I have it on good authority the 2A/C will finish on 17th November.  Diamond are altering a service slightly to cover part of it but wcc are not looking to tender it out. There is a bid for Whittles at the moment but the council are preparing for a worst case scenario.

Steve

Presumably it is the 2 group that Diamond could alter to cover them? Do you mean divert it to serve an estate the 2A/C currently does or extend the route to Stourport?

WCC would have to look at the 7/15/192 routes as WCC support those?

Is the bidder not interested in the bus side//competing with Diamond?

Cedric

Quote from: DiamondDart on November 06, 2014, 09:04:20 PM

Steve

Presumably it is the 2 group that Diamond could alter to cover them? Do you mean divert it to serve an estate the 2A/C currently does or extend the route to Stourport?

think  it will more  than likely be the 2 altered to run around the Queensway estate in bewdley  as it used too before the 2A/2C  went around there
as  for bewdley to  stourport section of  the 2a/2c  think it will just be dropped 
diamond 8\10/125/292

PM

Quote from: Ced on November 06, 2014, 09:14:16 PM

Steve

think  it will more  than likely be the 2 altered to run around the Queensway estate in bewdley  as it used too before the 2A/2C  went around there
as  for bewdley to  stourport section of  the 2a/2c  think it will just be dropped

Would it be a big diversion or not? The 2 is currently close to an hour round trip as it is so they'd be limited in what they could do without increasing the PVR by 1.

Cedric

Quote from: DiamondDart on November 06, 2014, 09:20:04 PM

Steve

Would it be a big diversion or not? The 2 is currently close to an hour round trip as it is so they'd be limited in what they could do without increasing the PVR by 1.
not that big diversion  it maybe even quicker
instead of going  on to the main road at catchmes end  and having to go up to  traffic island and do a double run on same bit of road to divert  to run through the Queensway  is  only a right turn  of the road it comes along and it comes out by the church  on the main road. unless you  are from the area or use the 2 group of routes. you will not  really know the Queensway 
diamond 8\10/125/292

PM

Quote from: Ced on November 06, 2014, 09:37:45 PM

Steve

instead of going  on to the main road at catchmes end  and having to go up to  traffic island and do a double run on same bit of road to divert  to run through the Queensway  is  only a right turn  of the road it comes along and it comes out by the church  on the main road. unless you  are from the area or use the 2 group of routes. you will not  really know the Queensway

No, I was going to say I'm not from the area and when I catch the 2 I get off in Bewdley anyway.

Would that diversion leave parts currently served un-served or not really?

Cedric

Quote from: DiamondDart on November 06, 2014, 09:40:50 PM
Quote from: Ced on November 06, 2014, 09:37:45 PM

Steve

No, I was going to say I'm not from the area and when I catch the 2 I get off in Bewdley anyway.

Would that diversion leave parts currently served un-served or not really?
just a little bit of the main road   where the 2 turns left to got to the traffic island to come back down    think   it only two stops that would not be severed
diamond 8\10/125/292

PM

Had a look on traveline's maps.

As I see it, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but:

Diamond 2/L miss out Queensway by continuing on the main road.

Whittle's 2A/C diverts to serve it.

If Diamond sent the 2 through Queensway then the main road would still have the 125/2L serving it anyway.

Unless, frequency of the 2 was doubled. You then get 2 BPH through Queensway, 2 stick to main road. Then you could have 2  buses per hour going to Hales Park direct and the other two going to Bark Hill.

Then you'd keep existing links and speed up journeys for people going all the way round Hales Park when they live on Richmond Road/Lyttleton Road.

People from Hales Park going into Kidderminster wouldn't have to go through Bark Hill either, speeding up their journeys.

Cedric

Quote from: DiamondDart on November 06, 2014, 10:04:33 PM
Had a look on traveline's maps.

As I see it, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but:

Diamond 2/L miss out Queensway by continuing on the main road.

Whittle's 2A/C diverts to serve it.

If Diamond sent the 2A/C through Queensway then the main road would still have the 125 serving part of it anyway.

Unless, frequency of the 2 was doubled. You then get 2 BPH through Queensway, 2 stick to main road. Then you could have 2  buses per hour going to Hales Park direct and the other two going to Bark Hill.

Then you'd keep existing links and speed up journeys for people going all the way round Hales Park when they live on Richmond Road/Lyttleton Road.

People from Hales Park going into Kidderminster wouldn't have to go through Bark Hill either, speeding up their journeys.
you are correct but  none of them  come down the main Kidderminster to bewdley road as the  divert at Kidderminster hospital an run around habberley estate   more often than not one  about 2mins behind ,   and as for going around hales park and bark hill   it hardly makes a difference in journey time except when  the main road down in to bewdley is busy.  I go  to bewdley  a lot and have friends there  and say they would rather have 2 buses an hour that that turn up than  4 buses an hour where some do not turn up. in those figure I have not included the 2L, or 125  or 291 ,  . a couple of weeks ago I caught  a 2l to bewdley  and when we got to load street at the stop was the 2l/ 2A/2c all at the same time
and on the other side of the road there  was  a 125 a 2a 
diamond 8\10/125/292

Steveminor

I believe it's the Queensway that diamond have agreed to serve as that's one of the only concerns wcc have.

Cedric

Quote from: Steveminor on November 07, 2014, 11:15:24 AM
I believe it's the Queensway that diamond have agreed to serve as that's one of the only concerns wcc have.
Steve
diamond and first 2 used to serve the Queensway before the previous whittles 2a/2c came in to being .
and to severe the bewdley stourport section of the 2a/2c the X3 could always carry on from Kidderminster
hospital instead of turning left to go on to the main stourport road    in to bewdley  go round the church
and then go along the route of the 2a/2c  it would probably be quicker than going along the main Kidderminster
stourport road  as the road is far less busy.  like the 334/300 did on a sunday  Cedric
Cedric
diamond 8\10/125/292

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk