News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Whittles

Started by Tomjusttom, October 23, 2012, 09:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cedric

Quote from: DiamondDart on October 15, 2014, 03:14:14 PM
Quote from: StourportSam on October 14, 2014, 08:26:24 PM
Quote from: 111 Roughley on October 13, 2014, 03:37:23 PM
You folk at Kiddy have yet to meet Diamond where they have no competition. See Redditch.

And 'you folk' are quite wrong. My journeys on the 3 have become quite problematic since a lack of competition from Whittle. The phrase not really bothered comes to mind.

They do still have competition on the 3 though in the form of the 2C. Are you saying that the 2A/C have failed to take off and really compete with Diamond?

Well the whole of the Kidderminster town network really. In Redditch, the 51/5/6/7/8 had always stayed frequent. In Kidderminster, frequencies on the 2 and even 3 had been reduced in recent years. Wyre Forest Shuttle services many years ago were far more frequent, admittedly using smaller buses, many at every 10 mins.
the 2A/2C are only competition to the 3 between Kidderminster and stouport   as they do not go to areley kings is where the 3 finishes
they are also more competition  to  the  2 as they have been rererouted through habberley .
diamond 8\10/125/292

Cedric

anyone heard more news on the sale ?
diamond are holding another recruitment  day sunday  at Kidderminster
diamond 8\10/125/292

Trident 4194

Quote from: Ced on October 16, 2014, 12:26:54 PM

In the halesowen news there is an article on 192

winston

Quote from: Trident 4194 on October 16, 2014, 08:20:51 PM

What about the 192?

justlookingaround

Anything new from the fantasy bus operator yet or is he still resting after his tour of the depot?

Cedric

Quote from: justlookingaround on October 17, 2014, 02:53:15 PM
Anything new from the fantasy bus operator yet or is he still resting after his tour of the depot?
we will have to wait and if you notice on one of my pervious post as he his a member of this forum
in which I said to him about coming on here to answer members question we will have to see if he does.
also said the same to him on twtiter
diamond 8\10/125/292

Niall

Quote from: Winston on October 16, 2014, 08:24:02 PM

What about the 192?

"50 will lose jobs if buses finish"

The bulk of it is a quote from Peter Shipp

https://www.flickr.com/gp/101550299@N05/094890
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

Cedric

Quote from: N94 on October 17, 2014, 04:19:27 PM
Quote from: Winston on October 16, 2014, 08:24:02 PM

What about the 192?

"50 will lose jobs if buses finish"

The bulk of it is a quote from Peter Shipp

https://www.flickr.com/gp/101550299@N05/094890
that is just  a small article the Kidderminster papers have a bigger one if you go to the whittles website there is a full press statement on there from peter ship .
diamond 8\10/125/292

Cedric

anyone heard of a buyer coming forward. other than  you know who
diamond 8\10/125/292

111 Roughley

I hope Whittle survives for the sake of the staff, the routes and the history. Stratford, a much smaller town than Kidderminster, manages to sustain Stagecoach and Johnsons.
If Whittles doesn't survive, I hope the routes do. Expect the County Council will step in for a time with temporary contracts, but don't suppose they will want to pay more than now. On Shropshire's website it says that there was only one tender for the 125 (and incidentally only two for Arriva's 297). Despite the lack of interest, it seems that the subsidy is already too close to the bone.

the trainbasher

apparently drivers will be told at the latest by 20/12/2014 what's happening, this coming from a source which my boss knows...

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Cedric

Quote from: 111 Roughley on October 21, 2014, 10:46:47 AM
I hope Whittle survives for the sake of the staff, the routes and the history. Stratford, a much smaller town than Kidderminster, manages to sustain Stagecoach and Johnsons.
If Whittles doesn't survive, I hope the routes do. Expect the County Council will step in for a time with temporary contracts, but don't suppose they will want to pay more than now. On Shropshire's website it says that there was only one tender for the 125 (and incidentally only two for Arriva's 297). Despite the lack of interest, it seems that the subsidy is already too close to the bone.
but with Stratford being on the international tourist map    that makes a big  difference  to  numbers carried on buses
diamond 8\10/125/292

111 Roughley

Quote from: Ced on October 21, 2014, 11:14:34 AM
but with Stratford being on the international tourist map    that makes a big  difference  to  numbers carried on buses
I accept that tourists make a difference, though I don't see many on the 26 to Redditch. It's just that you Kiddy folk make it sound that Kidderminster is hopelessly small in the middle of Nowhere, like Tenbury Wells.

Cedric

Quote from: 111 Roughley on October 21, 2014, 11:21:32 AM
Quote from: Ced on October 21, 2014, 11:14:34 AM
I accept that tourists make a difference, though I don't see many on the 26 to Redditch. It's just that you Kiddy folk make it sound that Kidderminster is hopelessly small in the middle of Nowhere, like Tenbury Wells.
it might has well be there are only two large  places you can get to  which are Redditch and Worcester by bus with a hourly service   and when I said about numbers on buses at stratford I was meaning around the town and to place where they are staying not Redditch as I did not know there was a service from redditch
diamond 8\10/125/292

winston

Quote from: the trainbasher on October 21, 2014, 10:51:55 AM
apparently drivers will be told at the latest by 20/12/2014 what's happening, this coming from a source which my boss knows...

2 months to leave people dangling..... & just before Xmas, nice!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk