News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Whittles

Started by Tomjusttom, October 23, 2012, 09:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reece

Quote from: tank90 on November 06, 2014, 05:01:35 PM
Interesting that someone on Midland Red net has said he/she believes that Whittle have been sold to a firm in North Shropshire. Now after doing a Google search I find GHA Coaches and they have a chappy from Diamond who moved to Your Bus and is now at GHA. If it is GHA I think Whittle would do well and Diamond might have a wee problem.

But that is if it is true.

Has anyone else heard any more about this firm from North Shropshire who have apparently saved/brought Whittles at some point in last few weeks?  :)

iamwilljh92

Quote from: LM 172 on November 10, 2014, 09:59:57 AM
Interesting that someone on Midland Red net has said he/she believes that Whittle have been sold to a firm in North Shropshire. Now after doing a Google search I find GHA Coaches and they have a chappy from Diamond who moved to Your Bus and is now at GHA. If it is GHA I think Whittle would do well and Diamond might have a wee problem.

Has anyone else heard any more about this firm from North Shropshire who have apparently saved/brought Whittles at some point in last few weeks?  :)

WHITTLE HAS NOT BEEN SOLD

Cedric

from what I can make out  that  was just a possibility it was going to

diamond 8\10/125/292

Cedric

Quote from: Steveminor on November 06, 2014, 08:57:02 PM
I have it on good authority the 2A/C will finish on 17th November.  Diamond are altering a service slightly to cover part of it but wcc are not looking to tender it out. There is a bid for Whittles at the moment but the council are preparing for a worst case scenario.
that's the 15th of decmember  from what was on the vosa site the other day
diamond 8\10/125/292

PM

Quote from: Steveminor on November 06, 2014, 08:57:02 PM
I have it on good authority the 2A/C will finish on 17th November.  Diamond are altering a service slightly to cover part of it but wcc are not looking to tender it out. There is a bid for Whittles at the moment but the council are preparing for a worst case scenario.

According to traveline? journey planner reached through Network West Midlands, the 2A/C is stopping this Friday 14/11/14.

Stuharris 6360

PD1030553/80 - WHITTLE COACH & BUS LTD, FOLEY BUSINESS PARK STOURPORT ROAD, KIDDERMINSTER, DY11 7QL
        Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between BRIDGNORTH GROVE ESTATE and BRIDGNORTH SYDNEY COTTAGE DRIVE given service number 101 effective from 17-Nov-2014.

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

PM

Well there isn't going to be a lot left of them this time next week then  ::)

Hopefully operators will be allowed to continue/start these services under short notice so as passengers aren't left unable to travel.

Cedric

Quote from: DiamondDart on November 10, 2014, 01:43:37 PM

Hopefully operators will be allowed to continue/start these services under short notice so as passengers aren't left unable to travel.
think some one could be lined up for the 101. part of a answer to post of mine of whittle facebook  page
on the 15th Dec as indicated is that we will stop running the 2A/2C service. It is also likely that the 101 Bridgnorth town service will be run by a different operator from 17 Nov
diamond 8\10/125/292

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Ced on November 10, 2014, 02:11:41 PM

think some one could be lined up for the 101.

Probably Arriva

Cedric

Quote from: Will on November 10, 2014, 02:14:34 PM
Quote from: Ced on November 10, 2014, 02:11:41 PM

think some one could be lined up for the 101.
Probably Arriva
you are more than likely right will as the have the majority of work in bridgnorth
diamond 8\10/125/292

Tony

Quote from: Will on November 10, 2014, 10:07:03 AM

No, because if they had the news would have been released to the stock exchange, but that doesn't mean someone hasn't agreed to buy them on a set date subject to various financial checks, and that information needn't have been released to anyone.

At least one of the editors of one of the trade magazines believes a buyer is lined up and journalists normally have better information than people living in their own fantasy world (That does not refer to you, Will)

Cedric

Quote from: Tony on November 10, 2014, 02:30:00 PM
Interesting that someone on Midland Red net has said he/she believes that Whittle have been sold to a firm in North Shropshire. Now after doing a Goggle search I find GHA Coaches and they have a chappy from Diamond who moved to Your Bus and is now at GHA. If it is GHA I think Whittle would do well and Diamond might have a wee problem.

No, because if they had the news would have been released to the stock exchange, but that doesn't mean someone hasn't agreed to buy them on a set date subject to various financial checks, and that information needn't have been released to anyone.

At least one of the editors of one of the trade magazines believes a buyer is lined up and journalists normally have better information than people living in their own fantasy world (That does not refer to you, Will)
hope it does not refer to me either tony. as all information  I have sent is what I have seen in print or given to me by realibe sources that I know  . the only things that have been wrong  is ones about city fox I got fooled by them
diamond 8\10/125/292

Tony

Quote from: Ced on November 10, 2014, 02:42:22 PM
Interesting that someone on Midland Red net has said he/she believes that Whittle have been sold to a firm in North Shropshire. Now after doing a Goggle search I find GHA Coaches and they have a chappy from Diamond who moved to Your Bus and is now at GHA. If it is GHA I think Whittle would do well and Diamond might have a wee problem.

hope it does not refer to me either tony. as all information  I have sent is what I have seen in print or given to me by realibe sources that I know  . the only things that have been wrong  is ones about city fox I got fooled by them

No, not you either Ced, but you post is a clue!

Cedric

Quote from: Tony on November 10, 2014, 02:55:47 PM
Quote from: Ced on November 10, 2014, 02:42:22 PM

No, not you either Ced, but you post is a clue!
got you. i have been pm Winston with certain things i did not know if it was ok to post on here ,
diamond 8\10/125/292

Reece

What's the last day for Whittles 2A/2C services? :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk