News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Whittles

Started by Tomjusttom, October 23, 2012, 09:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamwilljh92

Quote from: LM 172 on November 18, 2014, 09:09:28 PM
Quote from: Winston on November 18, 2014, 05:17:23 PM
Looks like closure of Whittle's bus business at least is set for 5th Jan.

No doubt Diamond will pick up the 125 & 192 at least, those two routes will link KR routes with their WM services

I am still hope in that Arriva will pick up the 125 rather than Diamond. Then Arriva have full control of Bridgnorth services which makes more sense.

Come on Arriva don't let me down now save us from Rotala Vill!

I second that^^

PM

No doubt Diamond will pick up the 125 & 192 at least, those two routes will link KR routes with their WM services

I am still hope in that Arriva will pick up the 125 rather than Diamond. Then Arriva have full control of Bridgnorth services which makes more sense.

Where they don't have a proper base? Yeah, that makes sense.

I'm hoping Diamond decide to run as much as possible that stacks up commercially and fits in with the wider network, ultimately benefitting passengers.

Cedric

Quote from: Will on November 18, 2014, 09:11:25 PM

I second that^^
Quote from: DiamondDart on November 18, 2014, 09:36:03 PM

I'm hoping Diamond decide to run as much as possible that stacks up commercially and fits in with the wider network, ultimately benefitting passengers.
did hear a while ago that arriva where think about  finishing on the 297  with the coming from telford  or is it srewsbury is it ?
anyone heared if the coach side has been sold or been kept going or just  closed down
diamond 8\10/125/292

111 Roughley

Quote from: DiamondDart on November 18, 2014, 09:36:03 PM

As I don't live in the Kidderminster area, it's perhaps cheeky of me to say, but I feel that Diamond is a very competitive company-see how it's driven Green Bus off the 62 and is trying to do the same to igo on the 145/149 - even on what are non-viable services. I think a company like First is different. Diamond was born out of competition and equally it needs some competition to keep it up to the mark. Simon Dunn has said that no application has been made regarding the reduction of the 2 though I think the Council have been talking to Diamond about Wribbenhall and the other services in the area and it's obviously been an idea floating around. So I think some presence from a company like Arriva would be beneficial- Diamond would always be on its toes. True, Diamond has cut my 247 to two-hourly from hourly- incidentally Worcestershire Council hasn't even noticed that the service between two Worcestershire Towns has reduced- now someone like Johnsons would I'm sure be delighted to run an hourly service, but of course Diamond would drive them off the road

Cedric

The last whittles holiday tour for 2014 returns to Kidderminster on the 2/1/15
yet the day and theatre trips are list April 2015 , I wonder if the coach side
will run till April . ?
diamond 8\10/125/292

Gareth

Just seen a comment on facebook about Johnsons taking over part of Whittles. I'm assuming that will be the coach side of operations?

Cedric

Quote from: Gareth on November 19, 2014, 03:58:50 PM
Just seen a comment on facebook about Johnsons taking over part of Whittles. I'm assuming that will be the coach side of operations?
where abouts on facebook was  that, you could be right. I know something that might be happing on the bus side
diamond 8\10/125/292

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Ced on November 19, 2014, 04:18:30 PM
Quote from: Gareth on November 19, 2014, 03:58:50 PM
where abouts on facebook was  that, you could be right. I know something that might be happing on the bus side

Oh yes Cedric?... Do tell I'm very eager to know anything...

broma1k

The comment is also on the Johnsons thread in this forum

Cedric

just seen  2 pictures on a face book page 
2 EYMS open toppers in whittles yard
tonight
diamond 8\10/125/292

Steveminor

So come on ced what you heard about whittles. You can't leave us all hanging like this.

Cedric

Quote from: Steveminor on November 19, 2014, 10:05:43 PM
So come on ced what you heard about whittles. You can't leave us all hanging like this.
I afraid I can not say  anything because I was told not to disclose  anything, but I will say  this bit  as it is not realey saying it much but I will just say this one thing  if it is 100% right .buses will not be  caught up in traffic jams on the road back  to the depot after at night or after there duties are finished the will be parking up near b&q   that's all I can realey say . and please no one else ask
diamond 8\10/125/292

PM

Quote from: Ced on November 19, 2014, 10:30:41 PM
I afraid I can not say  anything because I was told not to disclose  anything, but I will say  this bit  as it is not realey saying it much but I will just say this one thing  if it is 100% right .buses will not be  caught up in traffic jams on the road back  to the depot after at night or after there duties are finished the will be parking up near b&q   that's all I can realey say . and please no one else ask

Not too far from Island Drive then :P

Cedric

Quote from: DiamondDart on November 19, 2014, 10:43:31 PM

no  to far 
diamond 8\10/125/292

winston

Quote from: Ced on November 19, 2014, 11:03:34 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on November 19, 2014, 10:43:31 PM

no  to far

As of early Jan there will be no Whittle's buses.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk