News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ck

Is central operating Lichfield to Sankeys corner causing arriva any problems yet ?

Bob

Route 2 branded cadet has smashed into the back of a car at the island in cannock by multi storey police n ambulance there

Cheese

Quote from: Ck on September 09, 2014, 01:02:21 PM
Is central operating Lichfield to Sankeys corner causing arriva any problems yet ?

Might take more than 3 days to judge that, probably need to give it a couple of months at least.

covlad27

Quote from: Ck on September 09, 2014, 01:02:21 PM

I wouldnt see that this route will cause Arriva any problems.  Although they have now introduced a Tamworth and Lichfield Local Saver which you can buy in Burntwood and use to lichfield and all the way to tamworth if you fancy a ride on the X65 as well.

A driver told me you can buy it on route 60 from the Skoda garage and on the 62 from Cannock wood both Lichfield bound.  Bargain at £4.20 or £7.00 local group ticket

Bob

Whatll probably happen is eventually central will pull out of the tamworth route, arriva will then withdraw the X65, Central will withdraw the burntwood route and things will go back to as they were with arriva having the monopoly.  Such are the great virtues of thatcherism!

winston

Quote from: Bob on September 12, 2014, 11:57:48 AM
Whatll probably happen is eventually central will pull out of the tamworth route, arriva will then withdraw the X65, Central will withdraw the burntwood route and things will go back to as they were with arriva having the monopoly.  Such are the great virtues of thatcherism!

I don't know, Central Buses seem to stick at any routes they start-up and don't chop & change as frequently as some operators.

As a side note, Central Buses have been nominated for Innovation of the Year with their xpre55 at the RouteOne awards, so I doubt that with be withdrawn anytime soon

https://www.facebook.com/centralbuses?fref=ts

Bob

Id imagine it depends on loadings?  Never seen it rammed nor the X65. Its not sustainable to have that amount of buses going to tamworth surely?

winston

Quote from: Bob on September 12, 2014, 12:48:38 PM
Id imagine it depends on loadings?  Never seen it rammed nor the X65. Its not sustainable to have that amount of buses going to tamworth surely?

It will depend on loadings & revenue mix. It probably doesn't need to be rammed for it to break even/make a profit.

What you also need to take in to account, is that Central Buses overheads & office staffing costs will be a lot less than that of Arriva's due to their size, therefore buses may not need to generate as much income as Arriva's would need to contribute to all those additional costs.

andy

Quote from: Winston on September 12, 2014, 01:10:25 PM
Quote from: Bob on September 12, 2014, 12:48:38 PM

It will depend on loadings & revenue mix. It probably doesn't need to be rammed for it to break even/make a profit.

What you also need to take in to account, is that Central Buses overheads & office staffing costs will be a lot less than that of Arriva's due to their size, therefore buses may not need to generate as much income as Arriva's would need to contribute to all those additional costs.

Bob is a 'bums on seats' man. If it isnt a decker with 74 seated and 20 standing, he assumes it's a loss maker. Unless of course it's red and white.

Bob

So a 1/3 full single decker full of pensioners would be a profit making trip? How?

Bob

Is it known yet which buses will be leaving cannock when the streetlites and deckers enter service?  BU51 KWN has just re entered service after its second refurb. I was hoping some of these knackers would be first to go but maybe not!

Bob

According to network west midlands 27th oct changes the 1 & 2 are to be sped up between cannock and walsall.  Not sure how they could do that without changing the route......

Bob

As usual theres nothing on arriva site or on buses about service/timetable changes.  Nothing about the new 34 service as of last week.  I had to find the timetable through a staffs cc page! The 60 timetable is supposed to change early October yet nothing on there. Pretty p##s poor as usual

Trident 4609

Quote from: Bob on September 29, 2014, 12:53:11 PM
As usual theres nothing on arriva site or on buses about service/timetable changes.  Nothing about the new 34 service as of last week.  I had to find the timetable through a staffs cc page! The 60 timetable is supposed to change early October yet nothing on there. Pretty p##s poor as usual

Picked up a timetable for the 34 service from a Service 68 bus. Which buses do they use? Or is it anything going spare from garage?

andyallen4014

Quote from: Nathan on September 29, 2014, 06:36:03 PM
Quote from: Bob on September 29, 2014, 12:53:11 PM

Picked up a timetable for the 34 service from a Service 68 bus. Which buses do they use? Or is it anything going spare from garage?

It is 2274 this evening

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk