News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Me and Matt actually prefer the e400s to the new e400mmc. However overall tridents are the best!

karl724223

Quote from: Tony on March 21, 2015, 08:06:02 PM
Which is still two and a half trains! and a lot either start or finish at garage. I have driven the 9, but from Quinton garage
brokedown in a hartshill metrobus on the 9 the once at Jeffersons and was given a quinton metrobus doesn't that count @Tony

GeminiFan1991

Is it safe to say after Bordesley Green, Pensnett is the smallest or is it Coventry ?! I'm purely basing this off a Google Maps Ariel view, I've never had the privilege to get up and close.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Trident 4194

Quote from: BusFan on March 21, 2015, 09:13:38 PM
Is it safe to say after Bordesley Green, Pensnett is the smallest or is it Coventry ?! I'm purely basing this off a Google Maps Ariel view, I've never had the privilege to get up and close.

I thought pe was one of the biggest

winston

Quote from: BusFan on March 21, 2015, 09:13:38 PM

Size of allocation in order (smallest to largest) is Bordesley, Pensnett, Yardley Wood, Acocks Green, Coventry, West Bromwich, Perry Barr, Walsall, Wolverhampton & Birmingham Central

Trident 4609

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 21, 2015, 09:15:16 PM

Allocation wise, last time i checked BC was biggest closely followed by WN

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Winston on March 21, 2015, 09:16:37 PM
Size of allocation in order (smallest to largest) is Bordesley, Pensnett, Yardley Wood, Acocks Green, Coventry, West Bromwich, Perry Barr, Walsall, Wolverhampton & Birmingham Central

Much Appreciated !! That's something I've always wanted to know !
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Solo1 on March 21, 2015, 08:32:36 PM
Any info on 141 &241 been extended to Russell hall hospital  as someone said at work

Part of the Dudley Bus Review perhaps, if that is still happening?

Personally i think enough buses go to RHH without any more going!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

winston

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 21, 2015, 09:46:06 PM
Part of the Dudley Bus Review perhaps, if that is still happening?

Personally i think enough buses go to RHH without any more going!

Those suggested routes would offer new links for RHH. However, the problem is the traffic around there & Pensnett, plus all the congestion around the RHH main entrance

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on March 21, 2015, 09:55:56 PM
Those suggested routes would offer new links for RHH. However, the problem is the traffic around there & Pensnett, plus all the congestion around the RHH main entrance

Maybe they would divert the 246 away from there?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

winston

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 21, 2015, 09:59:56 PM
Maybe they would divert the 246 away from there?

Wasn't it suggested the 246 would be reduced in frequency or cut as part of the Dudley review at some point on here?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on March 21, 2015, 10:01:05 PM
Wasn't it suggested the 246 would be reduced in frequency or cut as part of the Dudley review at some point on here?

I certainly don't think that it attracts the passengers that it used to, if it was to be operated by deckers all the time, am sure a frequency of every 10/12 minutes would suffice.

Westy

Quote from: Tony on March 21, 2015, 07:55:48 PM
Pensnett is the hardest garage for me to get to, Coventry is even easier, which is why I have never done any normal service work from there.

Acocks Green - Train to Birmingham, Train to Spring Road
Birmingham Central - Train to Birmingham - walk
Bordesley - Train to Birmingham then 97
Perry Barr - Train to Perry Barr (change at Walsall sometimes)
Yardley Wood - Train to Birmingham, Train to Yardley Wood, walk
Coventry - Train to Birmingham, Train to Coventry, walk
West Bromwich - Train to Tame Bridge, 4 to garage
Walsall - Train to Bloxwich, 301/302 to garage
Wolverhampton - Arriva 70 (soon 154!)

And then there is Pensnett! Train to Walsall, 311 to Dudley, 205 to garage, a right pain!

There's a NX chap in a suit on my 301 in the mornings when I get on around 640am at Bloxwich Leisure Centre, mainly with my sister.

I'm the chap with the flurescent backpack, & my sister's the little sort of brownish redhead with a permanent scowl that comes from having to commute to West Brom everyday!

(Wouldn't mind, but she's closer to her place of work from the bus stop than me!)

Not you is it Tony?

Would fit journey wise, if you get off at Bloxwich station, not that I'd bother you first thing in the morning!

Same with the guy that runs the Bloxwich News Network Facebook, I know him by sight, in fact most of the family know him by sight as he used to work at the Local History Centre further down the road from the depot!

Mike K

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 21, 2015, 09:15:16 PM

Isn't Pensnett's allocation only around 120, compared with over 200 for Wolverhampton and Birmingham Central?

winston

Quote from: Mike K on March 22, 2015, 12:27:25 AM
Isn't Pensnett's allocation only around 120, compared with over 200 for Wolverhampton and Birmingham Central?

@Mike K Pensnett's allocation is circa 115, WN is circa 200 & BC just under 220

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk